Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › David Artell confirmed as New Manager
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

David Artell confirmed as New Manager

This thread currently has 28,168 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
November 28, 2023, 8:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from grimsby pete

He said he had being looking for a Jason, Andrew and Debbie for a while.

One thing I found interesting, however I could have just misinterpreted it, was that he said something to the effect of having been looking for a Jason and an Andrew "and a Debbie in particular".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 190
LH
November 28, 2023, 8:28am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Son of Cod

One thing I found interesting, however I could have just misinterpreted it, was that he said something to the effect of having been looking for a Jason and an Andrew "and a Debbie in particular".

I did think the same to begin with as it was said a bit awkwardly but I think he meant the three as a collective rather than Debbie specifically. Almost as awkward as the Conteh handshake in the video.
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 190
November 28, 2023, 8:33am
Guest User
It might have been deliberate.  Debbie does all the day to day running at the club and takes away a lot of workload that otherwise would potentially fall on the manager to sort.

We've heard he was doing nearly everything at Crewe so just being able to concentrate on on field matters might be what he really craves.
Reply: 152 - 190
toontown
November 28, 2023, 8:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from male private Nale

If you are stating facts, surely you cannot just cherry pick the ones that suit your argument?

He also presided over taking them back down in what was one of their worst ever seasons.

He certainly talks the talk , lets hope he can back it up

Back down from league 1 - when was the last we were even at that level,and Crewe would be very small at league 1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 190
male private Nale
November 28, 2023, 8:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from toontown

Back down from league 1 - when was the last we were even at that level,and Crewe would be very small at league 1.

Facts are facts, put them all out there not just the ones that suit your narrative.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 190
rancido
November 28, 2023, 8:55am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
IMO David Artell is a great appointment - he's managed at this level and had a promotion to the league above. It's up to the squad now to impress him and show their worth. DA has no allegiance to any of the players and he will judge them purely on merit, ability and effort.
As for the reference to his title " Head Coach" , too many posters are misreading this. The old fashioned "Manager" is a dieing breed and increasingly more so. A Head Coach ( an expression that is used in  football all around the world) concentrates purely on the squad, the team , tactics ,  player acquisitions and training/coaching regimes. He shouldn't be bogged down with tedious admin and all the other clerical stuff - there are other people employed to do that. David actually referred to all these other duties when he was at Crewe and stated that it wore him down ( or words to that effect). This employment of a Head Coach is another example of how Jason, Andrew and Debbie are getting the club into the 21st Century .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 190
Jarmo.Is.God
November 28, 2023, 8:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
FWIW, Rooney was an incredible player, as was Lampard.....
As for managers...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 190
Mappers
November 28, 2023, 8:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from toontown

I like the fit and I'm quite excited he seemed to do a great job in the first few years there and then had a terrible season in league 1 by the sounds of it with a club who were maybe out of their depth , not that it fully excuses him from 1 win in 16 .

Sounds a fiery character who wants to play exciting attacking football - I just hope we have the players / can attract one's that can implement this style of play ; are they technically good enough ?

I really hope we can get Conteh,Hunt and Khouri into the midfield as they are 3 that have the undoubted ability if used correctly/have the confidence .

There are quite a few who may well be cut loose as I can't see their games matching up (it sounds like he wants total football , and at Crewe it was Man City style by the sound of it ) so January could get interesting .

Think he was the best we would get (on paper at least) so well done to the board for getting it done , and hopefully it takes this bizarre pressure off of them somewhat .

I will go to MK tonight with more hope than after Saturday , even if it may well be too early for any noticeable difference .

Hopefully the park will be packed for the Crewe game to give Artell a warm welcome.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 190
Mayaman
November 28, 2023, 9:43am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from 137
David looks and sounds like the real deal to me, and has enough in his CV to let me think this isn't the usual explosion
of doomed hopes that a new manager encourages.

As a matter of fact, shortly after reading about his appointment, 5 hours of explosions started here in Chiang Mai.
Well they love their fireworks in South-East Asia and it was the Loy Krathong festival on the 27th.
Suited my mood perfectly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loy_Krathong

So I'm chuffed we've got David (we're on first-name terms already!), delighted Shaun has been made Assistant, pleased for
the club and especially the owners who got the deal done, and apologies to forza ivano for doubting his gambling wisdom.

Of course it would be silly to get carried away already, but I intend to refer to David as the 'ExtraSpecialOne' in future posts.
Just letting y'all know.  

UTM

You will be struggling to breathe then, If it's owt like other SE Asian firework celebrations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 190
Mayaman
November 28, 2023, 9:57am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from male private Nale

If you are stating facts, surely you cannot just cherry pick the ones that suit your argument?

He also presided over taking them back down in what was one of their worst ever seasons.

He certainly talks the talk , lets hope he can back it up

According to some Crewe fans, a lot of the players left for something better.  Robbed of the spine of his team, he didn't have the resources to keep them up.  Still, it's always good strategy to berate somebody before anything happens so that you can smugly say, "I told you so".  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 190
20 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › David Artell confirmed as New Manager

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.