Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › David Artell confirmed as New Manager
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AdSense, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, bartgtfc, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BruceytheFish, BulkyMariner, Captaincod, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, CodHead, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, Gainsbro_Mariner, GhostDan, Gill, GollyGTFC, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc_chris, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, HarrogateMariner, Heswall Mariner, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jonnyboy82, kafunanapar140909, Knut Anders Fosters Voles, krispy84, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LocalLadGTFC, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, mariner91, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Maringer, Matthew, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, smokin joe, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, SpiritOf98, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, thespiffing, thevera, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, WOZOFGRIMSBY, Zmariner and 845 Guests

David Artell confirmed as New Manager

This thread currently has 28,398 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Sinkfortheladies
November 27, 2023, 12:45pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +63
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BraStrap

Congratulations for winning the lucky dip

Haha! Lucky dip or using logic?

I'll leave that to the national lottery machine on Wednesday to determine...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 190
lew chaterleys lover
November 27, 2023, 12:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,760
Gold Stars: 237
I've just heard a segment of the interview he gave to radio Humberside.

It rather reminded me of when Alan Buckley first came - he was very excited with a cast iron plan on how the club should progress, and most importantly can see the potential of the club and what it means to the supporters and the town. Inspiring stuff and it is great to have a manager who seems to have a real plan on how to get the best out of players.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 190
Tommy
November 27, 2023, 12:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Didn't know a great deal about Artell before the last few days but I feel quite pleased about this appointment.

I listened to that podcast/interview with Gab Sutton and the interview posted today and, in addition to the views and posts about his time as Crewe gaffer, he seems a good fit.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 190
cmackenzie4
November 27, 2023, 12:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Welcome David, good appointment this one.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 190
lukeo
November 27, 2023, 12:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I'm going to say this now... In my opinion this could be the best appointment since AB. Love the fact Shaun is staying on with him. Very excited for the future. Please everyone give him time. Rome was not built in a day. UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 190
LondonMariner43
November 27, 2023, 1:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
I felt a bit of late autumn hayfever coming on when I heard him speak about the club and what he wanted.  I love what he says about 'identity'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 190
VinnyGTFC
November 27, 2023, 1:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +146
Gold Stars: 21
The comments are all largely positive and I like that. We have a mix of players are are playing well/underachievers or simply not of the standard required. Artell has to be given time to sort this. I think with this appointment we will be comfortably off the relegation places, however given our record over the last 20 years the change we want won't be overnight. Please be patient
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 190
ginnywings
November 27, 2023, 1:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Lots of people asking for patience. I think we've been about as patient as you could be supporting this team. Myself for  most of 52 years with a few memorable seasons thrown in.

We aren't in it for the glamour and the trophies.

Keeping us away from the bottom 2 will do for now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 190
Badger57
November 27, 2023, 1:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,922
Gold Stars: 30
Always been impressed with the way Crewe play forward thinking and attractive football. Hopefully it should be more often than not, a pleasure and not a chore to visit Blundell Park. Welcome David!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 190
chipsandgravy
November 27, 2023, 1:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
I quite like the cut of his gib now I've heard his interview.  I hope he can install an "identity" because if I am honest I have got really bored of our football and the one step forward and two back approach. I have got to the point where I really don't know if we're a good team playing poorly or just a poor team playing poor. Whilst points are paramount I just want to be entertained and although an exile I have found myself unmotivated to make the journey to watch them on a number of occasions.
I have learnt the hard way not to go mad with appointments for both managers and players but I have a good feeling that Artell could be a really good fit for the club and team. UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 190
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › David Artell confirmed as New Manager

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.