Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
To the car .

Relieved

Well played Town

Green and Glennon superb, the rest not far behind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
AncientExiledMariner
November 11, 2023, 5:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
I'm going to say something that probably wouldn't have been uttered much.

We really missed Green...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 125
chaos33
November 11, 2023, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,930
Gold Stars: 360
Get in Town!! Come on!!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 125
LocalLadGTFC
November 11, 2023, 5:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,215
Gold Stars: 137
From the second minute we went on the front foot and the brakes were let off, controlled the game in the first half and could of easily gone in 2 ahead. Took our chances in the second half playing some really nice football and looked better defensively until we made whole sale changes and Morecambe threw caution to the wind. Special mentions to Khan, Glennon, Rose, Pyke, Green and Gav today. Pyke really impressed me out on that right hand side and was very intelligent with how he dragged the defence around leaving space for Mullarkey to get beyond him. Glennon looked back to the Glennon we had on loan and was marauding up and down. Gav and Greeny really combative and controlled the midfield most the game. A really solid display front foot display against the most inform team in the divison barring Stockport. Defensive concerns but plenty to be positive about.. UTM
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 125
Badger57
November 11, 2023, 5:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Best game I've seen this season. (I missed a couple where we supposedly played well.)
A sense of purpose and determination with some exciting and skillful play that I've not seen previously.
Well done Ben and Shaun. đź‘Ź
MOM Glennon despite that frightening clearance /back pass!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 125
Hagrid
November 11, 2023, 5:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,408
Gold Stars: 534
Get in there!!

After 1 minute you thought oh my god as the defence parted like the red sea yet again but felt we then dominated the rest of the 1st half, missed chances, good saves

Came out second half and the brilliant Danny Rose got us level and we played like a house of fire. Green Pyke and Holohan were excellent with Rose my MOM

I think we made too many changes…. And the left hand side became weak as we invited pressure and they certainly had chances to level but we ground it out thank god.

Some wont like this, but Hunt was invisible when he came on and I dont see things working for him here, and I think we should stick with the 3 who started today going forward

But thats for another day, We won. Enjoy your weekends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 125
Spurn boy
November 11, 2023, 5:17pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,238
Gold Stars: 27
Well done town for a very entertaining game, I thought after the 2nd minute it would be very much the same as previous games but the players responded and tonight must feel proud of themselves. UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 125
It Bites
November 11, 2023, 5:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,164
Gold Stars: 264
First 10 mins we were all over the place . Then something happened and it clicked . I enjoyed a home game of football for the first time in god knows how long . We were brilliant 2nd half and the 3 goals didn’t flatter us at all . Beat Slough on Tuesday and we will have some good momentum for a change .
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 125
AncientExiledMariner
November 11, 2023, 5:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
So Pyke has goal conversion on par with Rose and virtually the same goals per minute. I'm not saying for one minute that he's better, but we need to lay off him a bit and support him. He's still developing and doesn't have many league minutes under his belt that isn't at WB.

For a third choice striker, it ain't bad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/grimsby-town/top-scorers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 125
1mickylyons
November 11, 2023, 5:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
Well done Town a very Happy home crowd at 90 mins as above Green and Glennon superb the rest got better as the game went on.I would like to single out young Cartwright for special praise one great save and came confidently for several dangerous crosses . Any prospective Manager watching that can be confident that if nothing else he's got players who will have a go .See you all Tuesday night UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 125
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.