MuddyWaters
November 12, 2023, 7:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from davmariner
Nothing much to add, other than that I’m really pleased for Shaun and Ben who I know will be putting the hours in.

A couple of observations in that I thought Maher once again looked shaky initially but did grow into the game. Is there a confidence issue with him? More generally I do feel that defensively we miss that strong, commanding, leadership presence at the back.

Easy for me to say in hindsight but thought moving Clifton to left back and bringing Hunt on was perhaps a sub too far and made us more vulnerable (and cost us that second goal). If we were making changes to shore us up at the back, I’d have brought Waterfall on to win those headers and get the ball away from the box into row z.

Well done to Harvey Cartwright too, who has stepped up, proving people wrong who’d written him off and provided us with that solidity when it looked as if we were heading towards a real goalkeeping crisis.

Clifton to left back was a necessity though. Glennon was copulated.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 125
Mayaman
November 12, 2023, 7:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,398
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Clifton to left back was a necessity though. Glennon was copulated.

Ran himself into the ground.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 125
monkeyboy
November 12, 2023, 8:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
2 unbeaten for the new managers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 125
Madeleymariner
November 12, 2023, 8:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
Will have to stop watching Town, Ive only missed watching 2 games (some live, some on tv) this season, yesterday and Gillingham our best performances this season.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 125
Chrisblor
November 12, 2023, 8:49am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Hagrid

Seens as you want to dig up old posts, Here is one from after the game.

Maybe in your world you’ve never said anything and been proven wrong subsequently, but i highly doubt it

Tweet 1723385700366557555 will appear here...

Not sure what your tweets have to do with specifically targeting players for unwarranted criticism in the immediate aftermath of a victory!

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 125
diehardmariner
November 12, 2023, 9:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Anyway.... Rather than digging up he said, she said etc. how about we just enjoy a great win from a very entertaining game in which I thought everyone was excellent?

Started off shaky as hell and I feared the worst at 1 down when thru continued to waltz through our defence.  Rodgers went from a horrible first ten minutes to something like his early season form for the other 80.

Cartwright was magnificent and his command of the area was a joy to watch. I cannot believe the difference in him from the FL Trophy games. Glennon was my MOTM, best from in over a year. Looked 2 yards quicker and with genuine fire in his belly.

Midfield was spot on.  Markers laid down from Clifton and Conteh if they want to get back in.  Don't think Hunt was anonymous when he came on, was a few times he broke their defensive line with his runs but wasn't picked out.  Loved seeing more proactive subs but at the time he came on the balance of the side had gone a bit, left hand side was completely changed with Glennon and Khan exhausted.

Loads better seeing Rose not isolated, bet he's forgotten how it felt to win a header and not have to chase it down yourself.

It's very, very early days and I'm not advocating the decision. But Davies and Pearson have certainly made a good start, with that I'm sure added themselves to the thoughts of any decisions.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 125
chaos33
November 12, 2023, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,931
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Chrisblor

Not sure what your tweets have to do with specifically targeting players for unwarranted criticism in the immediate aftermath of a victory!

Aye 🙂

Such a well written tweet as well.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 125
chaos33
November 12, 2023, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,931
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from diehardmariner
Anyway.... Rather than digging up he said, she said etc. how about we just enjoy a great win from a very entertaining game in which I thought everyone was excellent?

Started off shaky as hell and I feared the worst at 1 down when thru continued to waltz through our defence.  Rodgers went from a horrible first ten minutes to something like his early season form for the other 80.

Cartwright was magnificent and his command of the area was a joy to watch. I cannot believe the difference in him from the FL Trophy games. Glennon was my MOTM, best from in over a year. Looked 2 yards quicker and with genuine fire in his belly.

Midfield was spot on.  Markers laid down from Clifton and Conteh if they want to get back in.  Don't think Hunt was anonymous when he came on, was a few times he broke their defensive line with his runs but wasn't picked out.  Loved seeing more proactive subs but at the time he came on the balance of the side had gone a bit, left hand side was completely changed with Glennon and Khan exhausted.

Loads better seeing Rose not isolated, bet he's forgotten how it felt to win a header and not have to chase it down yourself.

It's very, very early days and I'm not advocating the decision. But Davies and Pearson have certainly made a good start, with that I'm sure added themselves to the thoughts of any decisions.

That header from Rose for the second goal is absolutely brilliant. I think Rose has been superb in everything he’s been asked to do.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 125
grimps
November 12, 2023, 11:03am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Looking at the table we really needed those points yesterday , hopefully we can get a few more before Xmas and start looking at the other end of the table
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 125
headingly_mariner
November 12, 2023, 1:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Enjoyed yesterday. We were much the better side and got what we deserved. Not sure it was our strongest team but we are certainly more creative with Glennon in the team, made a few people look a twit today after some of the silly comments when he played earlier in the season.

Thought Rose, Holohan, Green and Pyke were all excellent as well.
If you're a potential manager watching that you'd be optimistic about coming into the situation. The players showed loads of character, spirit and togetherness, not qualities you usually see in struggling sides.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.