13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
November 11, 2023, 7:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,325
Gold Stars: 118
It was nice to see how happy Amos was at the end aswell .

He went over to Glennon and gave him some big hugs .

I'm no affectionate  person, but they do seem a good bunch of lads and seem to care at least .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 125
Hagrid
November 11, 2023, 7:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,422
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There’s players in the squad who took the chance that a start gave them (you rightly named them on Twitter) and there’s maybe more to come from others when they get a chance.

Who knows what a new manager might do when we get one?

Thats fair enough. Sorry for coming across as a male private.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 125
chipsandgravy
November 11, 2023, 7:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,614
Gold Stars: 37
That really gave me a shot in the arm which i deperately needed so god knows what it did for the team. Doesnt half make a difference to my Saturday night.
Was pleased for Green in particular. It was great to see a midfielder in the box and score a great goal. Much as I like Conteh i dont think he would have been in that position previously.
We may have just found our team!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 125
Yoda
November 11, 2023, 7:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Hunt hasn’t played for ages he needs a run on the team to prove himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 125
ginnywings
November 11, 2023, 7:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
I was out of my seat 5 or 6 times today, and that is how it should be. Spent too many games sat glumly, waiting for something exciting to happen.

Win, lose or draw, it's not much to ask is it?

Also loved it when Rose beat a couple of players and tried to do the goalie from 40 yards. That's the sort of thing you see when confidence is returning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 125
Marinerdeano
November 11, 2023, 7:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Got to hold my hands up. I was getting so anxious in the week, suggesting we should just get a manager sorted before we were marooned. It's what loving your club does to you at times. However, great prep from Shaun and Ben. High press, drive, move ball quickly back to forward, get it out wide, great balls in the box, shackles off. We showed intent. Hats off! UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 125
Maringer
November 11, 2023, 7:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,531
Gold Stars: 185
Amazing what a difference it makes when you actually pass to your own players and they also attempt to move into space to receive the ball!

Some excellent crosses today as well, of the sort I've rarely seen us put in this season.

The physical side of things in the middle certainly helped with Green, Holohan and Andrews all putting in a good shift in that regard. Notably, their big No. 5 who came on at half-time was marking Green at set pieces which shows how they thought he was a real threat in the air. Some good passing and movement from Green and Holohan as well as the hard work.

Defensively, there is still a lot to work on as we were distinctly ropey at times and, confidence is certainly a good thing, but we got away with over-playing a few times and losing possession in dangerous areas.

The disappointment was that we dropped right off after the substitutions as the players who came on weren't able to replicate what their teammates had been doing. Hopefully, Green and Glennon can get their fitness up over the next month (and stay fit, as well). At least we managed to hold on for a deserved win.

A surprise to see Clifton coming on for Andrews, instead of Conteh, but I suspect his greater pace and stamina was thought to be more important and it ultimately worked out.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 125
Germo66
November 11, 2023, 7:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +120
Gold Stars: 1
Well done Ben and Shaun, they picked the best team today
The players have also shown us what they can do.
Some great football today, really  enjoyed the game
UtM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 125
Mrbump53
November 11, 2023, 7:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
It was quite telling that when we conceded after 1min no-one around me was shocked. Moving the ball quickly, switching play and then again really showed what this team is capable of. Still a few scary moments in defence but great result!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 125
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2023, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

Thats fair enough. Sorry for coming across as a male private.

Fair do’s. I think it’s worth mentioning Cartwright too - he made two great saves. All any player can do is take his chance when it comes.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.