13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimal
November 11, 2023, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,874
Gold Stars: 9
Well, what can you say ,thats the best I've seen Town play for an age, the team played as if their shackles had been removed. A special mention for Cartwright,I thought he was outstanding today ,which would have given the defence more confidence.
Rose though was my MOM,he's a class above. It's good to see Green back,he makes things tick in the middle. I think Shaun and Ben can take some credit for todays result,lets hope the tide has turned. Was also great to hear the fans get behind the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 125
lukeo
November 11, 2023, 5:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Positives :
Some very good individual performances. Holohan, Green and Khan stood out for me.
Very good attacking play.
Plenty of men committed forward
Plenty of shots
Played the ball on the floor or into channels as much as possible
Substitutes not obvious and 'the usual'

Negatives :
Defensively awful

I really enjoyed the game and really felt town really gave it a go. Be interesting to see what happens over the next week or two regards games / manager(s)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 125
Simon
November 11, 2023, 5:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Finally the shackles have been removed and we took the game to them, it lifted the players and the supporters, far from the finished article but much better UTM  

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 125
TwoLeftFeet
November 11, 2023, 5:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,082
Gold Stars: 18
Great to see players getting in the box trying to get on the end of things..really positive performance well done Ben and Shaun
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 125
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2023, 5:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Good performance, great effort to come from behind. Good to see a few players who the boo boys got stuck into making a difference.

First half a new manager would think that there isn’t much to work with, 2nd half they would think differently.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 125
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2023, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Entertainment ✅
Goals ✅
Positive energy ✅
Three points ✅

Mom Glennon for me
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 125
It Bites
November 11, 2023, 6:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,206
Gold Stars: 265
One thing I do find incredible is how Grimsby Town affect me . I’ve been struggling this week but I feel like a million dollars right now . I guess that’s why I love them so much 🥰
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 125
Yoda
November 11, 2023, 6:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,157
Gold Stars: 71
Great game best match in ages the handbrake has been finally taken off.
Second half superb you could see the players growing with confidence Rose, Glennon and Green superb.
Also the fans where brilliant great atmosphere.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 125
lew chaterleys lover
November 11, 2023, 6:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
We gave Morecambe so much to think about it nullified what talent they have.

That's how the game should be played - on the front foot giving the opposition nightmares with plenty of movement. Early days but it goes to show how a different outlook can work wonders.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 125
ginnywings
November 11, 2023, 6:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Absolutely, thoroughly deserved 3 points against a good side full of confidence. We were the better team from minute one after we gifted them our usual sloppy goal. We really should have been at least level, and probably in front at half time, with the finish being the only thing missing and plenty of excellent crosses went in from Glennon and Khan, without anyone getting on the end of them, bar Holohan who skied a good chance on his weaker foot.

I wonder if Shaun and Ben had a word about gambling more and getting on the end of stuff, because right from the first minute of the second half, we were getting in great crosses and causing problems; only this time, we were getting on the end and finishing them off. 3 goals came quickly and Morecambe looked a bit shell shocked. We had a great chance to get a 4th but somehow they managed to keep it out and slowly work their way back into it. We then lost our way for a bit with a series of substitutions which made us lose the flow a bit.

We've not found ourselves in this position much this season and for a while we didn't look like we knew how to close the game out, leading to them getting back into it with a very well worked goal, which led to some very nervy moments on the pitch and in the crowd, but we saw it out and fully deserved the 3 points.

Green was immense and put paid to the view that he is just a destroyer. He is a much better footballer than people give him credit for. Glennon was superb for an hour and his crosses and dead balls were mostly quality. Going forward, he was fantastic and my joint MOM with Green.

The team as a whole played very well, mostly on the front foot, bar a couple of manic moments at the back, which we need to get a grip of, but that is being churlish on a a day we got a great win.

Finally, we win a game 3-2 after losing many by that score.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.