CSLM
November 11, 2023, 6:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 12
Decent game.
Great to see more players get into dangerous positions.
Holohan has been brilliant in a few of the games at home including this one.

I'm surprised nobody has really mentioned Andrews. He looks a level above to me. Can definitely pass a ball but really gets stuck in and won the ball back numerous times.

Good stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 125
LocalLadGTFC
November 11, 2023, 6:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,224
Gold Stars: 137
Probably the wrong game for Hunt to be brought on in, we know his strengths and his weaknesses and we probably needed a bit more bite in midfield. They were going direct and throwing men forward so automatically makes it difficult for him to get on the ball but can see why they brought him on. Probably wanted to try and gain a hold of the game which he struggled to do due to them throwing caution to the wind.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 125
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2023, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

How i knew you’d respond when Hunt’s name is mentioned. I support the whole squad. I go week in week out home and away. I never boo, and I never will, I just dont think its going to work out for him here thats all I was saying

I’m sure Alex would be delighted to read your expert opinion.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 125
quebec38
November 11, 2023, 6:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,585
Gold Stars: 48
Today I just wanted to see players getting past their man and a bit of effort. On the sidelines I wanted to see the staff influence the game, whether that was ideas to give us enough time to get back in to it or better still, go on and win it. I don’t think it’s too much to ask but it all of the above have been lacking for a long time but today that wasn’t the case.

The players were magnificent. Every single one of them. We could have had double figures today. Balls in to dangerous areas, players gambling to get in to said areas and effort everywhere. It was a nervy last 10 minutes but the bodies being thrown in the way of every ball was fantastic.

Shaun and Ben were bang on with the team selection. I liked it before the game bar Pyke on the wing but I have to hold my hand up and say I got that one wrong because he was pretty influential there and gave everything. I liked that they tried to get players involved from the bench albeit a couple were forced through fatigue I think. Shaun’s enthusiasm as ever was wonderful to see.

I’ll leave it there; just a really enjoyable day today where every member of the playing team and staff deserve the plaudits.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 125
acko338
November 11, 2023, 6:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
A good battling performance with a higher workrate causing the opponents to make mistakes.

Shaky start, but no heads dropped and with better positioning and shooting could have scored more from open chances made.

Forget the short goal kick routine, no.one looks comfortable with it, and Cartwright's kicking is getting better.

Sweeping moves at speed, with crosses made early to players running onto them - devastating !!

Shows they have it, just need freedom to play and not stutter up and down the pitch.

Some excellent personal.performances with players showing more form !

More of the same in the next 2 games, please !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 125
Hagrid
November 11, 2023, 6:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,429
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m sure Alex would be delighted to read your expert opinion.

Well we’ve been subject to yours on all matters Hurst for god knows how many months so I’m sure you can deal with it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 125
jimgtfc
November 11, 2023, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,089
Gold Stars: 45
Blimey, first positive afternoon we’ve had for ages and some can’t wait to get on here and write off a players town career, what a strange bunch!

Anyway, that was so much better! Front foot, high energy football. Not always pretty but the work ethic and team spirit was there in abundance. Hopeful for 3 more positive results next.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 125
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2023, 7:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

Well we’ve been subject to yours on all matters Hurst for god knows how many months so I’m sure you can deal with it

There’s players in the squad who took the chance that a start gave them (you rightly named them on Twitter) and there’s maybe more to come from others when they get a chance.

Who knows what a new manager might do when we get one?
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 125
fishcake63
November 11, 2023, 7:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Hagrid

It isnt just the 15 minutes though is it.

He’s 5th?6th choice.

At this moment in time you are right 5th/6th choice but football is not as easy as that a new manager can come in get his confidence up & he has the ability to be in our midfield on a more regular basis watch this space
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 125
davmariner
November 11, 2023, 7:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Sadly Hunt isn’t good enough. Bar two months in the National League, he hasn’t really done anything to show that he’s going to make it in the pro game.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.