Spurn boy
November 11, 2023, 6:24pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from It Bites
One thing I do find incredible is how Grimsby Town affect me . I’ve been struggling this week but I feel like a million dollars right now . I guess that’s why I love them so much 🥰

It’s amazing how a Town win can lift us up from periods of depression and stress and make us feel so much happier.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 125
The_Laughing_Mariner
November 11, 2023, 6:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Great performance, great entertainment,  fully endorse the positive comment, but it's only one game.  Let's see where we are in a couple of weeks before we say we have turned the corner.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 125
Azimuth
November 11, 2023, 6:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Attack the best form of defence sometimes and we made that point today, release the brakes and allow the team some freedom to attack, create problems and take the game to the opposition which is what we ha e been missing at BP for a long time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 125
fishcake63
November 11, 2023, 6:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Hagrid
Get in there!!

After 1 minute you thought oh my god as the defence parted like the red sea yet again but felt we then dominated the rest of the 1st half, missed chances, good saves

Came out second half and the brilliant Danny Rose got us level and we played like a house of fire. Green Pyke and Holohan were excellent with Rose my MOM

I think we made too many changes…. And the left hand side became weak as we invited pressure and they certainly had chances to level but we ground it out thank god.

Some wont like this, but Hunt was invisible when he came on and I dont see things working for him here, and I think we should stick with the 3 who started today going forward

But thats for another day, We won. Enjoy your weekends

So he had 15 mins & thats the end for him wow , the other week it was glennon & returns with a mom performance today , confidence that's all it is & hunt will play many more games for town when a manager comes in & supports his game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 125
Hagrid
November 11, 2023, 6:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from fishcake63

So he had 15 mins & thats the end for him wow , the other week it was glennon & returns with a mom performance today , confidence that's all it is & hunt will play many more games for town when a manager comes in & supports his game

It isnt just the 15 minutes though is it.

He’s 5th?6th choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 125
Mappers
November 11, 2023, 6:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Pyke is such a better player when he's facing the play

You can see why he did well in league 1 down the right

Tommy mentioned to me how clever a player he is today aswell, dragging opposition players out of position to create space for others .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 125
moosey_club
November 11, 2023, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Really enjoyed that. Wingers taking players on, decent deliveries,  forward passes , high tempo.

More please.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 125
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2023, 6:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid
Get in there!!

After 1 minute you thought oh my god as the defence parted like the red sea yet again but felt we then dominated the rest of the 1st half, missed chances, good saves

Came out second half and the brilliant Danny Rose got us level and we played like a house of fire. Green Pyke and Holohan were excellent with Rose my MOM

I think we made too many changes…. And the left hand side became weak as we invited pressure and they certainly had chances to level but we ground it out thank god.

Some wont like this, but Hunt was invisible when he came on and I dont see things working for him here, and I think we should stick with the 3 who started today going forward

But thats for another day, We won. Enjoy your weekends

I don’t deny that the midfield three who started deserve the accolades but to write off a sub who came on when they were pressing is pretty pathetic. You might be right but support the whole squad rather than look for a boo boy.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 125
Hagrid
November 11, 2023, 6:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t deny that the midfield three who started deserve the accolades but to write off a sub who came on when they were pressing is pretty pathetic. You might be right but support the whole squad rather than look for a boo boy.

How i knew you’d respond when Hunt’s name is mentioned. I support the whole squad. I go week in week out home and away. I never boo, and I never will, I just dont think its going to work out for him here thats all I was saying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.