GollyGTFC
October 25, 2023, 7:56am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from chaos33

I think he’ll be charge for the Doncaster game.

His post match interview last night suggests he doesn’t believe he will be.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 71
Rick12
October 25, 2023, 8:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
On a deeper level if he does get sacked feel for him and his family. I know it's his choice to go into football but at this level where money isn't great long term means going out of rented accommodation in the Lincolnshire area  and back to his family and children. Looking for a new club brings its own pressures . Unlike players who have a limited shelf life at least  Hurst can get another job given time but it will mean new digs and possibly going to another part of the country and seeing family as and when which must be hard. The merry go round of football management.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 71
Hagrid
October 25, 2023, 8:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Rick12
On a deeper level if he does get sacked feel for him and his family. I know it's his choice to go into football but at this level where money isn't great long term means going out of rented accommodation in the Lincolnshire area  and back to his family and children. Looking for a new club brings its own pressures . Unlike players who have a limited shelf life at least  Hurst can get another job given time but it will mean new digs and possibly going to another part of the country and seeing family as and when which must be hard. The merry go round of football management.

He lives in Sheffield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 71
MuddyWaters
October 25, 2023, 8:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Rick12

He’s never moved to any of his jobs.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 71
Northbank Mariner
October 25, 2023, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Rick12

Pal, not to be a pedant but he lives just outside Rotherham in his family home and commutes to Cheapside/BP.
Also, can't see him being short of a bob or 2, he'll have a good pay off by Ipswich, we've paid him relatively well and I suspect he's not a stupid, scatter cash kind of bloke and probably invested well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 71
GollyGTFC
October 25, 2023, 8:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Hagrid

He lives in Sheffield

And Deputy Doig live in Nottingham.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 71
pontoonlew
October 25, 2023, 8:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from chaos33

I think he’ll be charge for the Doncaster game.

If he is in charge at Doncaster my question to the owners would be, what exactly is the end game here?

Either you’re hanging a bloke out to dry because you haven’t got the bottle to sack him, or worse still, you genuinely think this is salvageable.

I love the owners, but if there’s no a club statement going out today then a huge slice of goodwill towards them will be lost IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 71
Rick12
October 25, 2023, 8:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Quoted from Hagrid

He lives in Sheffield
Thanks Hagrid. Not up to date with all things Grimsby as other things have taken priority. I do like watching Grimsby as and when I can given financial and time constraints due to job commitments but at the end of the day it's just people kicking a football about who won't put food on the table for our families.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 71
jimgtfc
October 25, 2023, 8:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,090
Quoted from DaleH
A very honest interview, particularly when he references the conversations he had with the owners.

He’s a great guy, and that interview has made me even more determined to back him to find a way to get us out of this rut and horrible run of outcomes.

Come on Paul you can do this. Get these players up for it on Saturday at Doncaster.

Full time I was straight into the ticket office to get 3 tickets. I’m backing the manager and team 100% because that’s what we do.

I just know that Paul will find a way to put this right and start getting points on the board.

Come on Dale, surely everyone can see a change is needed now, even Paul knows. We’ll all support them through thick and thin, but sense has to prevail at some point. It all seems inevitable now. Like yourself, I really like Paul, type of bloke I’d like to have a pint or two with. He’s given us some of the best times I’ve ever experienced as a town fan, up there with the birth of my kids (don’t tell her!), but I’m praying that we make that change now whilst most people still feel like that towards him, before it turns to anger, gets all ugly and nasty and tarnishes the good work he’s done.

But more than that, before it starts to harm our club. We’re spiralling towards the drain of a third relegation to non league in little over 10 years. He’s assembled this team, set them up to play a certain way, then ripped that plan up and reverted to an indescribable style of football that is failing. There’s several crimes on the recruitment front, the GK situation, the LB debacle, the lack of quality in CM, over 2 years without a proper number 9, and to top that off now he signed several new wingers in the summer only to play a formation that incorporates none of them in the last two games.

Times up mate, cheers Paul

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 71
Tommy
October 25, 2023, 8:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from DaleH
A very honest interview, particularly when he references the conversations he had with the owners.

He’s a great guy, and that interview has made me even more determined to back him to find a way to get us out of this rut and horrible run of outcomes.

Come on Paul you can do this. Get these players up for it on Saturday at Doncaster.

Full time I was straight into the ticket office to get 3 tickets. I’m backing the manager and team 100% because that’s what we do.

I just know that Paul will find a way to put this right and start getting points on the board.

Paul himself doesn't know how to put things right. Quite worryingly, last night when asked about how to put things right, he just talked about the law of averages meaning we can't keep losing games where the opposition score more than us from fewer chances.

The law of averages?!!!

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Post Match Interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.