Yoda
October 25, 2023, 12:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Hurst is toast and he knows it
Get a new manager in he has time to assess the squad bring in a couple in January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 71
davmariner
October 25, 2023, 1:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Yoda
Hurst is toast and he knows it
Get a new manager in he has time to assess the squad bring in a couple in January

I always did prefer Darth Vader.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 71
louth_in_the_south
October 25, 2023, 1:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 96
That interview clearly shows why a change in management is quickly needed. Reverting to this negative, defensive approach has drained the confidence out the squad and led to this run of results. That’s going to cost him his job and he knows it .
If I was a player and heard that interview I’d be looking forward to a new man in charge.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 71
Wrights35
October 25, 2023, 6:30am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: +31
Gold Stars: 5
Drop that clown in goal and send him back to the circus asap

In Hurst we trust !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 71
DaleH
October 25, 2023, 7:25am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
A very honest interview, particularly when he references the conversations he had with the owners.

He’s a great guy, and that interview has made me even more determined to back him to find a way to get us out of this rut and horrible run of outcomes.

Come on Paul you can do this. Get these players up for it on Saturday at Doncaster.

Full time I was straight into the ticket office to get 3 tickets. I’m backing the manager and team 100% because that’s what we do.

I just know that Paul will find a way to put this right and start getting points on the board.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 71
ska face
October 25, 2023, 7:29am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847

Of all the unfathomable things that have happened, this is the one I can't get my head around.

He has managed Eastwood before for goodness sake. Such an important, pivotal position in the team which is the cornerstone of a good defence.

Cartwright isn't ready for league football. How could we get 2 signings so wrong, when we had a bit of money, we had the exposure of the Cup run and was in a really good place?

Think Hurst is guilty, at times, of reverting back to players he’s had before and seeing them only at their best. Eastwood’s a good example - played a handful of games for us and looked ok, similar to how he started the season, but that was getting on for 3 years back now when he was a promising youngster. Since then he’s not pushed on at Sheff Utd and had a nightmare season at Rochdale - potential is one thing at a championship club in your early 20s, but the bloke’s 27 now and clearly not up to it.

Same with the likes of Hunt, Pearson, LJL, Pyke and countless other players who he’s worked with before brought with him - seems a bit too hung up on past performances & maybe doesn’t look at the here & now.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 71
Mappers
October 25, 2023, 7:38am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from ska face

Think Hurst is guilty, at times, of reverting back to players he’s had before and seeing them only at their best. Eastwood’s a good example - played a handful of games for us and looked ok, similar to how he started the season, but that was getting on for 3 years back now when he was a promising youngster. Since then he’s not pushed on at Sheff Utd and had a nightmare season at Rochdale - potential is one thing at a championship club in your early 20s, but the bloke’s 27 now and clearly not up to it.

Same with the likes of Hunt, Pearson, LJL, Pyke and countless other players who he’s worked with before brought with him - seems a bit too hung up on past performances & maybe doesn’t look at the here & now.

Anyone who watched Eastwood's highlight reel from Rochdale would know what he's capable of in terms of errors - his confidence there sank and the errors became a more regular occurence .

I thought he started well and don't think he's a bad keeper , but if he 'goes' like he did at Rochdale we need to be getting a replacement in somehow . Him , Mullarkey and Rodgers are now unfortunately looking like players with recent relegations under their belts .

With Crocombe going  , at the time I thought a high calibre keeper was in the pipeline - unfortunately it's not been the case and it's left us tucked up until Xmas at least with 2 that look to have at least an error a game in them .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 71
GollyGTFC
October 25, 2023, 7:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,960
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from DaleH
A very honest interview, particularly when he references the conversations he had with the owners.

He’s a great guy, and that interview has made me even more determined to back him to find a way to get us out of this rut and horrible run of outcomes.

Come on Paul you can do this. Get these players up for it on Saturday at Doncaster.

Full time I was straight into the ticket office to get 3 tickets. I’m backing the manager and team 100% because that’s what we do.

I just know that Paul will find a way to put this right and start getting points on the board.

You think he’ll still be in charge at Doncaster? I think him and deputy Doig will be gone by lunchtime.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 71
1mickylyons
October 25, 2023, 7:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You think he’ll still be in charge at Doncaster? I think him and deputy Doig will be gone by lunchtime.

Hope you're right .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 71
chaos33
October 25, 2023, 7:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I think he’ll be charge for the Doncaster game.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Post Match Interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.