Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (Tranmere)

This thread currently has 7,488 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
fishcake63
October 7, 2023, 6:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
not quite but at the services , game we should have won & quite clear about that , pyke must score to put us 3-1 up then i think their heads drop , overall think we played ok & people calling for two up front it works to a certain extent but we got slightly over run second half for 20 mins & credit to hurst he saw it , footnote all fans have an opinion but booing at the end not a good fit , not an happy clapper but i can spot players trying & putting 100% in for the shirt utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Dodorondon
October 7, 2023, 6:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
I can understand the Twitter critics, who for the most part are just wannabes trying to be clever like so many on social media. But who are these fans who are booing at the end of a drawn away game? Small wonder with such ‘fans’ that the Mariners remain a small town club. How sad it would be if all the recent optimism floundered in a sea of Hurst vitriol. All those players who were sold the club for its magnificent away support must be beginning to feel they have been conned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
barralad
October 7, 2023, 6:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I thought it was an entertaining draw between two sides not at their best but there was no shortage of effort from Town.
We undoubtedly gifted them their first. Waterfall was caught flat footed and their lad couldn't really miss. Credit due for the way they fought back and immense credit to Danny Rose for not giving up on what looked like a lost cause. I'd like to see the angle he had because it looked very tight from the other end. Pike took his goal really well-cracking finish.
Contrary to popular opinion I thought their equaliser was an excellent goal. Pinpoint cross and a great header (I cannot remember Jennings ever doing anything anywhere as good in his days in a black and white shirt).
We still suffer from too many over/under hit passes.Clifton got into some great positions only for the pass not to reach him. His cross for Pike's header was superb.
I agree with the poster who said we need Maher back asap. A back four of Mullarkey, Maher. Rogers and Amos should provide the protection for the goals that our forwards are now starting to get.
MOM Danny Rose-such a clever player.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 71
Chrisblor
October 7, 2023, 7:00pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,856
Gold Stars: 235
There were very few people booing and shouting "out" at the end, let's not blow things out of proportion here. Most of the away end either shuffled quietly towards the exits, or clapped the players and manager off.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
chaos33
October 7, 2023, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I’ll put plenty of stock in your view Barra, and that of Robbie Stockdale who has the credentials to prove he knows what he’s talking about. His general view was that we are ‘not far off’ and listed plenty of positives. I’ll take that over the entitled, miserable clamours from the usual f***wits who think that every goal we concede is soft, that other clubs don’t get to score goals and that we should win every week or Hurst should go.

Decent point. Could’ve been 3. Onwards….
UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
ska face
October 7, 2023, 7:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Their first looks more like handball every time I see it -

https://www.skysports.com/watc.....eague-two-highlights
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 71
conscorner
October 7, 2023, 7:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +298
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Chrisblor
There were very few people booing and shouting "out" at the end, let's not blow things out of proportion here. Most of the away end either shuffled quietly towards the exits, or clapped the players and manager off.

Still too many, along with those singing the usual drivel throughout the match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
It Bites
October 7, 2023, 7:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,209
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from conscorner

Still too many, along with those singing the usual drivel throughout the match

Too many coked out mammaries follow town away . They just gob off absolute bollox unless town are winning 5-0 . Again , which is why I sit in the home ends
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
Heisenberg
October 7, 2023, 7:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,070
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from It Bites

Too many coked out mammaries follow town away . They just gob off absolute bollox unless town are winning 5-0 . Again , which is why I sit in the home ends

That’s a shame, and embarrassing. And totally believable.

I saw a couple of dozen idiots at the end of the Crawley game and, despite the fact I was bereft, I could have killed them.  Such simpletons.

We all want better, but if we beat Accrington next weekend - which I think we will - the outlook willl be pretty positive.

People need to calm down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
Chrisblor
October 7, 2023, 8:02pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,856
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ska face
Their first looks more like handball every time I see it -

https://www.skysports.com/watc.....eague-two-highlights

Don't think it was, the entire away end had a perfect view and I didn't hear any appeals at the time. Think it's just a good first touch with his chest. No idea how they've missed the Pyke chance off those highlights before their equaliser, or Eisa's shot which was tipped just around the post in favour of one at the end where their centre half comfortably clears a cross into touch. Sky should sack whichever underpaid intern edits these together.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.