Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (Tranmere)

This thread currently has 7,490 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
fishcake63
October 7, 2023, 6:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
not quite but at the services , game we should have won & quite clear about that , pyke must score to put us 3-1 up then i think their heads drop , overall think we played ok & people calling for two up front it works to a certain extent but we got slightly over run second half for 20 mins & credit to hurst he saw it , footnote all fans have an opinion but booing at the end not a good fit , not an happy clapper but i can spot players trying & putting 100% in for the shirt utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Dodorondon
October 7, 2023, 6:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
I can understand the Twitter critics, who for the most part are just wannabes trying to be clever like so many on social media. But who are these fans who are booing at the end of a drawn away game? Small wonder with such ‘fans’ that the Mariners remain a small town club. How sad it would be if all the recent optimism floundered in a sea of Hurst vitriol. All those players who were sold the club for its magnificent away support must be beginning to feel they have been conned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
barralad
October 7, 2023, 6:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I thought it was an entertaining draw between two sides not at their best but there was no shortage of effort from Town.
We undoubtedly gifted them their first. Waterfall was caught flat footed and their lad couldn't really miss. Credit due for the way they fought back and immense credit to Danny Rose for not giving up on what looked like a lost cause. I'd like to see the angle he had because it looked very tight from the other end. Pike took his goal really well-cracking finish.
Contrary to popular opinion I thought their equaliser was an excellent goal. Pinpoint cross and a great header (I cannot remember Jennings ever doing anything anywhere as good in his days in a black and white shirt).
We still suffer from too many over/under hit passes.Clifton got into some great positions only for the pass not to reach him. His cross for Pike's header was superb.
I agree with the poster who said we need Maher back asap. A back four of Mullarkey, Maher. Rogers and Amos should provide the protection for the goals that our forwards are now starting to get.
MOM Danny Rose-such a clever player.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 71
Chrisblor
October 7, 2023, 7:00pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 237
There were very few people booing and shouting "out" at the end, let's not blow things out of proportion here. Most of the away end either shuffled quietly towards the exits, or clapped the players and manager off.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
chaos33
October 7, 2023, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I’ll put plenty of stock in your view Barra, and that of Robbie Stockdale who has the credentials to prove he knows what he’s talking about. His general view was that we are ‘not far off’ and listed plenty of positives. I’ll take that over the entitled, miserable clamours from the usual f***wits who think that every goal we concede is soft, that other clubs don’t get to score goals and that we should win every week or Hurst should go.

Decent point. Could’ve been 3. Onwards….
UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
ska face
October 7, 2023, 7:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Their first looks more like handball every time I see it -

https://www.skysports.com/watc.....eague-two-highlights
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 71
conscorner
October 7, 2023, 7:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +298
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Chrisblor
There were very few people booing and shouting "out" at the end, let's not blow things out of proportion here. Most of the away end either shuffled quietly towards the exits, or clapped the players and manager off.

Still too many, along with those singing the usual drivel throughout the match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
It Bites
October 7, 2023, 7:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from conscorner

Still too many, along with those singing the usual drivel throughout the match

Too many coked out mammaries follow town away . They just gob off absolute bollox unless town are winning 5-0 . Again , which is why I sit in the home ends
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
Heisenberg
October 7, 2023, 7:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,072
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from It Bites

Too many coked out mammaries follow town away . They just gob off absolute bollox unless town are winning 5-0 . Again , which is why I sit in the home ends

That’s a shame, and embarrassing. And totally believable.

I saw a couple of dozen idiots at the end of the Crawley game and, despite the fact I was bereft, I could have killed them.  Such simpletons.

We all want better, but if we beat Accrington next weekend - which I think we will - the outlook willl be pretty positive.

People need to calm down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
Chrisblor
October 7, 2023, 8:02pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Don't think it was, the entire away end had a perfect view and I didn't hear any appeals at the time. Think it's just a good first touch with his chest. No idea how they've missed the Pyke chance off those highlights before their equaliser, or Eisa's shot which was tipped just around the post in favour of one at the end where their centre half comfortably clears a cross into touch. Sky should sack whichever underpaid intern edits these together.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
It Bites
October 7, 2023, 8:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

I saw a couple of dozen idiots at the end of the Crawley game and, despite the fact I was bereft, I could have killed them.  Such simpletons.

We all want better, but if we beat Accrington next weekend - which I think we will - the outlook willl be pretty positive.

Oh don’t get me wrong though, I love a good moan and I’m partial to an over reaction but booing the team after an away point just isn’t supporting your team
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 71
aldi_01
October 7, 2023, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from It Bites

Oh don’t get me wrong though, I love a good moan and I’m partial to an over reaction but booing the team after an away point just isn’t supporting your team

They’re not supporters, they’re probably just getting in now, flipping up the laptop and search for some spaff media, desperately searching for one that looks like the avoidant mother they so desperately crave. Finishing in a sports direct sock before embarking on a trip down meggies to swill some Dark fruits down their neck before walking back home, to their jizz stained sheets, but really happy because they booed their team…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 71
Maringer
October 7, 2023, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,556
Gold Stars: 185
You've put way, way too much thought into that post.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 71
grimsby pete
October 7, 2023, 8:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ska face

You do know you can have a free eye test when you get to 65 mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 71
ska face
October 7, 2023, 8:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Got to take the positives where you can I suppose, and that’s the third game in the last 4 where we’ve scored twice. Rose has 4 in 10 league games, more than Ryan Taylor managed in the entirety of last season. Wilson has 2 in 75 minutes (total) plus was involved in the first today. Pyke has 3 so far including the 2 in the JPT, and should surpass his best ever season (5). Eisa on 5 in 13 which is his best ever start to a season, finishing with 9 twice at Scunthorpe.

Hurst said at the start of the year he was hoping that this season would be an opportunity for a few players to realise their potential or have their best ever seasons. Think he was hinting at Vernam in that but certainly the chance for other forward players to really kick on.

Just need to tighten up at the back!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 71
lukeo
October 7, 2023, 8:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,375
Gold Stars: 148
Only saw patches of the game. From what I saw a point seems a fair result.

Regards moaners. Since I grew up (admittedly in my younger years i shouted and moaned alot, especially on that massive downward spiral) I've not been one for screaming and shouting if we're playing excrement or losing heavy, ill just sit in silence. An example being swindon away last year, I just sat in silence and then moaned on the fishy a bit afterwards  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 71
The Caterham Mariner
October 7, 2023, 9:19pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from It Bites

I sit far away from the main crowd like i was at Swindon
To avoid unqualified referees and football pundits who are volunteers unpaid  experts ...quite happy to watch
Town away and form my own opinions.
UTM 2023-24

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 71
gtfc_chris
October 7, 2023, 9:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Watching most of the game online I thought it was a bit of a damp performance. It wasn't as poor as the Barrow game but certainly wasn't as commanding a performance as even some of the games we've lost.

People called for two up top, at times I thought it worked well but I also think it meant we surrendered some dominance in midfield. Especially in the second half - like the Barrow game - they came out all guns blazing which I don't think would have been the case in our usual setup. Tranmere were nothing like Barrow and posed almost no genuine frequent threat so to allow them the chance to gain dominance was more frustrating than Tuesday night.

That was backed up for me when we made the changes and Rose came off and we took control of the game again. Although we need to figure out how to be more of a threat in our 451 system I still believe it is our best one for what we have available and in terms of our ability to impose more control in games.

On an individual basis I can't help but feel Waterfall weakens us. During the game I thought about checking the stats on goals conceded and points gained with/without Waterfall. It pains me to say it because he was so monumental over the last two seasons, but for where we're hoping to go and the possession based game we're trying to play I don't think it suits and I think we panic more at the back because the composure doesn't flow across the whole back line.

I've never minded Efete and I don't think he's been poor at left back but I think we need to look back to Amos. I'm also not against Glennon but his form has dropped this season and for me, Amos is our best option at left back. Just having that natural balance, more so in games like these where the opposition aren't as strong can only be beneficial to us.

Pyke didn't make a lasting impression but there were times where he showed minor glimpses of what he could offer, not least a well taken goal and well done to him on that but he also should have made it 3-1. I don't think he's convinced anyone today but I think it's possibly his best game so far.

I'm not necessarily upset with a point, but I also can't help but feel that given Tranmeres frailties we could have taken three points today. I also think we'll need to be better next weekend if we want to take three points as Accrington will be better than Tranmere and this level of performance won't get the job done, admittedly recognising that we managed to take three points off Barrow when we deserved nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 71
chaos33
October 7, 2023, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Good balanced stuff. Constructive criticism and considered reflection. Down with that sort of thing!

Personally I thought that we were too easy to get at via full back positions (again) and we were short in allowing too many crosses, and it cost us again. If we don’t address our issues in these positions, we will continue to be inconsistent. I won’t pretend that this isn’t true for most , if not all teams in L2 though. Some teams took a thumping today. Take a look at the results of all the teams in the top half - they’ve all suffered some defeats, this season - some of them heavy to so-called ‘relegation contender’ teams, and loads of those goals conceded will be ‘soft’ or ‘sloppy’. That’s what it is. It’s L2 reality and it’s competitive.
It makes me wonder what world some of the usual half wits who post on here live in - like they’re brutalised victims every time we concede a goal or don’t win, and they stumble onto here, almost glorying in the attention they get from a public declaration of how not winning every game is ‘unacceptable’ to them or how we’ll never go anywhere with Hurst and we should sack him. I understand even less those who travel all that way and then boo or abuse our players because we drew a L2 away match, and that’ll certainly get the players doing better in future games. Seriously - if it makes you angry and miserable and self righteous - why go, and why come on here blithering a load of old cobblers, and then crying when people call you out. Go watch GB news and have your chain pulled if that’s what you like, but pipe down.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 71
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2023, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
Good balanced stuff. Constructive criticism and considered reflection. Down with that sort of thing!

Personally I thought that we were too easy to get at via full back positions (again) and we were short in allowing too many crosses, and it cost us again. If we don’t address our issues in these positions, we will continue to be inconsistent. I won’t pretend that this isn’t true for most , if not all teams in L2 though. Some teams took a thumping today. Take a look at the results of all the teams in the top half - they’ve all suffered some defeats, this season - some of them heavy to so-called ‘relegation contender’ teams, and loads of those goals conceded will be ‘soft’ or ‘sloppy’. That’s what it is. It’s L2 reality and it’s competitive.
It makes me wonder what world some of the usual half wits who post on here live in - like they’re brutalised victims every time we concede a goal or don’t win, and they stumble onto here, almost glorying in the attention they get from a public declaration of how not winning every game is ‘unacceptable’ to them or how we’ll never go anywhere with Hurst and we should sack him. I understand even less those who travel all that way and then boo or abuse our players because we drew a L2 away match, and that’ll certainly get the players doing better in future games. Seriously - if it makes you angry and miserable and self righteous - why go, and why come on here blithering a load of old cobblers, and then crying when people call you out. Go watch GB news and have your chain pulled if that’s what you like, but pipe down.

Some people are glass half full, some are glass half empty. Not everyone sees things the same way but, never mind eh, you’re right, they’re wrong.

You go on about being self righteous. Read your own words and tell me you’re not a hypocrite.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 71
chaos33
October 7, 2023, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Some people are glass half full, some are glass half empty. Not everyone sees things the same way but, never mind eh, you’re right, they’re wrong.

You go on about being self righteous. Read your own words and tell me you’re not a hypocrite.

Glass half full is ok isn’t it. We do have shortcomings, weak links and areas for improvement. There’s lots to be critical of. The league position isn’t great. Our recurring frailties are frustrating and below what we should be striving for. Everyone wants and expects better. But we are behind the team, the players and the management/owners.

Booing and abusing your own players at the game or posting hysterical, entitled drivel on a forum isn’t where most normal people dwell is it. It’s unrealistic, it’s boring and it’s counterproductive. I’m not actually ‘going on’ about being self righteous. I’ve made one general point about it. It’s not a matter of who’s right and who’s wrong. You’re just underlining the point. There’s a mass of us in the middle with mixed feelings who can articulate and discuss all that calmly, lucidly with balanced, informed and critical opinions. It’s the wodge of bleating, entitled  and miserable chuggers I’m pointing at.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 71
Civvy at last
October 7, 2023, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,204
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Dodorondon
IBut who are these fans who are booing at the end of a drawn away game?  ‘All t

Fans that put their money and time to go to Tranmere.

Were you there ??

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 71
toontown
October 8, 2023, 4:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ska face

It wasn't it was off his chest.

We got away with one by waterfall during the pinball in our six yard box though.

Overall we had periods of dominance and periods of weakness, pyke had his best game for us but still missed a sitter. We were slightly the better team but we certainly weren't robbed of two points. 4 points out of the last 6 means enough to stabilse the position, we must now look to push on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 71
gtfc_chris
October 8, 2023, 7:26am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

Fans that put their money and time to go to Tranmere.

Were you there ??

I’ve never quite really understood why some people see this as a reasonable excuse to hurl abuse at players/manager.

Fans pay to watch the game because it costs money to run a football club and charging people to watch the game helps pay the bills and I know I’m stating the obvious.

That money you pay doesn’t gift you a licence to abandon basic human etiquette and lay into people for trying to do their job.

If that were the case then there are a few people I would very happily pay their bosses good money to spend 90 minutes stood next to them detailing how they’re a waste of space. Don’t know them personally but hey, if that’s what buying a ticket does then it’s ok right?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 71
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 8, 2023, 8:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from aldi_01

They’re not supporters, they’re probably just getting in now, flipping up the laptop and search for some spaff media, desperately searching for one that looks like the avoidant mother they so desperately crave. Finishing in a sports direct sock before embarking on a trip down meggies to swill some Dark fruits down their neck before walking back home, to their jizz stained sheets, but really happy because they booed their team…

I`ve had worse nights out.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 71
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 8, 2023, 8:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from gtfc_chris

I’ve never quite really understood why some people see this as a reasonable excuse to hurl abuse at players/manager.

Fans pay to watch the game because it costs money to run a football club and charging people to watch the game helps pay the bills and I know I’m stating the obvious.

That money you pay doesn’t gift you a licence to abandon basic human etiquette and lay into people for trying to do their job.

If that were the case then there are a few people I would very happily pay their bosses good money to spend 90 minutes stood next to them detailing how they’re a waste of space. Don’t know them personally but hey, if that’s what buying a ticket does then it’s ok right?

Your point assumes that some have `basic human etiquette`

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 71
Civvy at last
October 8, 2023, 8:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,204
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from gtfc_chris

I wasn’t there but watched on telly.
If I was there I wouldn’t have boo’d as I don’t think we were awful. But if people have paid and taken their time to go they are entitled to show their displeasure as long as it’s not over the top. I have in the past (at the end of a match) occasionally boo’d. This was followed by not going until we improved.  There is no point in going if you are not going to get behind the team initially.  I’m older now and so if I’m p1ssed off I just leave at the final whistle and don’t clap the players off.  
I’m not screaming for Hurst to go.  But if I was Jason and Co I’d certainly be having a bit of thought as to who may be available should things not improve.
UTM

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 71
gtfc_chris
October 8, 2023, 9:15am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

I wasn’t there but watched on telly.
If I was there I wouldn’t have boo’d as I don’t think we were awful. But if people have paid and taken their time to go they are entitled to show their displeasure as long as it’s not over the top. I have in the past (at the end of a match) occasionally boo’d. This was followed by not going until we improved.  There is no point in going if you are not going to get behind the team initially.  I’m older now and so if I’m p1ssed off I just leave at the final whistle and don’t clap the players off.  
I’m not screaming for Hurst to go.  But if I was Jason and Co I’d certainly be having a bit of thought as to who may be available should things not improve.
UTM

Boo’ing is a bit more nuanced for me because I’m sure at times throughout following Town we’ve all had a good boo at some point, myself very much included. In retrospect I’ve also - more in younger years - been vocal against referees and linesmen which contradicts my point earlier. Thankfully a shred of maturity has calmed that frustration somewhat, and recognising that a twisted logic that I’m not there to support the referee doesn’t really change the fact he’s human.

Booing, however, I understand is a means of demonstrating displeasure and it’s hard to argue against it in some senses. Shy of hurling abuse or sending a letter of disapproval there aren’t many other means to showcase displeasure at something involving the game.

The difficulty with it is that it’s all a matter of opinion. As we’re seeing on here, there is a growing contingent of fans who think PH time is perhaps drawn to a close and we need to look elsewhere. Others can see some frustration but don’t believe the situation is bad enough for that drastic a change.

Each game will follow similar thread, some might be expecting Barcelona, some recognise there is another team trying to win too and balance their assessment to reflect. Both scenarios leave room for displeasure but the first group are pre-disposed to be unhappy as their expectation is unrealistic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 71
golfer
October 8, 2023, 10:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 116
A good away point but I think I would have played Holohan from the start. I'm surprised that so many people don't realize what he brings to the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 71
MuddyWaters
October 8, 2023, 10:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from gtfc_chris

Boo’ing is a bit more nuanced for me because I’m sure at times throughout following Town we’ve all had a good boo at some point, myself very much included. In retrospect I’ve also - more in younger years - been vocal against referees and linesmen which contradicts my point earlier. Thankfully a shred of maturity has calmed that frustration somewhat, and recognising that a twisted logic that I’m not there to support the referee doesn’t really change the fact he’s human.

Booing, however, I understand is a means of demonstrating displeasure and it’s hard to argue against it in some senses. Shy of hurling abuse or sending a letter of disapproval there aren’t many other means to showcase displeasure at something involving the game.

The difficulty with it is that it’s all a matter of opinion. As we’re seeing on here, there is a growing contingent of fans who think PH time is perhaps drawn to a close and we need to look elsewhere. Others can see some frustration but don’t believe the situation is bad enough for that drastic a change.

Each game will follow similar thread, some might be expecting Barcelona, some recognise there is another team trying to win too and balance their assessment to reflect. Both scenarios leave room for displeasure but the first group are pre-disposed to be unhappy as their expectation is unrealistic.

Fair play, it’s about different opinions.

For all that we’ve signed seemingly decent players, we look disjointed because we seem to flit around with formations and personnel. We’ve been decent in some periods of some games but we’re past the point where we should still be bedding in.

Much of my frustration is around the lack of cutting edge. First half at Bradford was case in point. That game should have been dead and buried.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 71
1mickylyons
October 8, 2023, 10:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Tranmere comfortably has the worst team I've seen this Season and failure to secure 3 points vs them was a case of 2 points dropped.Its a recurring theme this failure to see games out and the sooner Maher is back the better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 71
bradzmilne
October 8, 2023, 10:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 30
We’re struck in a bit of a rut in which we’re not putting teams away & undoubtedly that’s another 2 points dropped.

I’d be tempted to have a look at what strikers are available as a free agent as I just don’t think Pyke offers enough. All about personal opinions though and “statically” he did well enough yesterday.

Bringing Rose off was a bizarre move, as our single biggest goal threat.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 71
1mickylyons
October 8, 2023, 11:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Thought Pyke did OK yesterday and hopefully his well taken goal gives him confidence? The defence and keeper look shaky and opposition are preying upon it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 71
Davec
October 8, 2023, 11:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
How many points dropped from winning positions is that now? 17 I think? But I could be wrong.

Either way it is a lot and it needs fixing somehow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 71
Trevor Whymark
October 8, 2023, 1:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +15
Gold Stars: 9
I'm not his greatest fan captain Pyke  in someway he tries too hard and he easily  read up front and his touch but can not fault work rate and bludgeoning effect .That said instead of  the supporter at tranmere who constantly criticised his every touch but not when he scored could you enlighten him in how hold  up the ball up better and roll his marker to link up instead of calling out rubbish I await your coaching tips in my next away game .Well I've  returned back to north london long day still enjoyed every minute .Being surrounded with Tottenham Arsenal supporters and the rest of prem supporters  every week at work I do laugh at their constant  drivel their constant chants change the manager at every loss .That said lwe looking like a very light squad with injuries just need to get behind them  and when we play we follow we follow we follow and that's the way we like it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 71
It Bites
October 8, 2023, 1:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from gtfc_chris

Football Supporter , it’s in the name isn’t it . If you’re at the game you really should support the team . A2-2 draw away at tranmere is no time to boo , if booing is what you like
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 71
Garth
October 8, 2023, 1:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from lukeo
Only saw patches of the game. From what I saw a point seems a fair result.

Regards moaners. Since I grew up (admittedly in my younger years i shouted and moaned alot, especially on that massive downward spiral) I've not been one for screaming and shouting if we're playing excrement or losing heavy, ill just sit in silence. An example being swindon away last year, I just sat in silence and then moaned on the fishy a bit afterwards  

Moaners!!! They are better supporters than me, they spend their money on travel, food and tickets to follow Town
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 71
grimsby pete
October 8, 2023, 4:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from bradzmilne

Bringing Rose off was a bizarre move, as our single biggest goal threat.

Hurst can not win he keeps Rose on and posters on here say he was knacked. and would get injured.

Take him off like yesterday and he is wrong again.

Who would be a manager ?

I hope he plays young Gardener instead.
Hopefully he won't even play Rose on Tuesday so he is fit for saturday.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 71
grimps
October 8, 2023, 5:49pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from golfer
A good away point but I think I would have played Holohan from the start. I'm surprised that so many people don't realize what he brings to the team.

A good away point for a team with aspirations of mid table mediocrity, I as a fan this season was hoping for a bit more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 71
Blue Mariner
October 8, 2023, 7:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +32
We were excrement, they were excrement.  We had a excrement draw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 71
Chrisblor
October 8, 2023, 8:54pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Some better highlights here:

Key events with timestamps:

Wilson blatantly kicked by Jennings in the penalty area which is ignored by the referee - 3m05s

Wilson savagely kneed at chest height by the goalkeeper, which is somehow given as a foul against him rather than a dismissal for their keeper for endangering an opponent - 3m23s

Tranmere 1-0 - 3m38s

Rose equaliser 1-1 - 3m57s

Pyke 2-1 - 4m56s

Pyke missed header from 3 yards - 6m00s

Tranmere equaliser at 2-2 is missing

Eisa effort tipped round the post 7m11s

(can't link to any of them directly because any time you try and put a youtube URL with a timestamp on the fishy for some annoying the message board forces a separate embedded video for each URL instead of just displaying a clickable link)

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 71
cardiffmariner
October 8, 2023, 9:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
You have to wonder how that isn’t a pen on Wilson! It’s a Sunday league centre backs tackle!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 71
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 8, 2023, 9:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
I normally defend referees on here but he’s got a reasonable view of the Wilson ‘pen’ and still doesn’t give it. Definitely a penalty.

I don’t know how the incident with the keeper isn’t a red card. I can only assume he doesn’t see it properly but it’s clearly dangerous play.

Funnily enough, I was watching Genoa v Milan in a bar last night and Mike Maignan got sent off for the exact same challenge (and clattered into another Genoa player a second later for good measure).

See 1:16 for Maignan red card

Milan had used up all their subs so Olivier Giroud had to go in goal. Genoa hit the bar from the resulting free kick. Then Giroud made a brave one-on-one save before the Genoa keeper (Martinez) started playing as an extra striker. Martinez then got sent off for lunging into a tackle 25 yards out from Milan’s own goal. Crazy end to a football match.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 71
bradzmilne
October 8, 2023, 11:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from grimsby pete

Hurst can not win he keeps Rose on and posters on here say he was knacked. and would get injured.

Take him off like yesterday and he is wrong again.

Who would be a manager ?

I hope he plays young Gardener instead.
Hopefully he won't even play Rose on Tuesday so he is fit for saturday.

Although I understand your sentiment, it’s not quite as black or white as you imply.

The reason we’re so reliant on Rose is because we don’t have a replacement. He’s absolutely integral to how we play and attack, in particular.

With our current crop of players there is no one that can do what he does. Therefore, we look significantly weaker when he isn’t on the pitch. Taking him off after 70 minutes while the game was tied didn’t feel appropriate at the time & I stand by that view.

So, I’d suggest either; Rose needs to last more than 70 minutes or we need another centre forward that can replace him like-for-like.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 71
Azimuth
October 9, 2023, 9:24am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
The challenge on Wilson by their keeper was terrible, very very dangerous and in reality should have been a red card.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 71
pen penfras
October 9, 2023, 9:32am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
The goalkeeper clearly gets the ball before Wilson clatters into him. If that was them attacking you'd all agree the ref got it right. Is their keeper not supposed to go for the ball and let Wilson score?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 71
Maringer
October 9, 2023, 10:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
It wasn't quite the full Schumacher, but in this day and age players are expected to be a bit more aware of their opponents and what might cause injury. I think I'd probably have said a yellow card for it, but penalising Wilson was just daft.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 71
AussieMariner
October 9, 2023, 10:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from pen penfras
The goalkeeper clearly gets the ball before Wilson clatters into him. If that was them attacking you'd all agree the ref got it right. Is their keeper not supposed to go for the ball and let Wilson score?

No, he’s entitled to challenge for the ball but he’s also not supposed to go into the challenge with his knee up endangering his opponent. It’s the equivalent to an egg chaser going into a tackle leading with his elbow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 71
Chrisblor
October 9, 2023, 10:26am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Here's what Law 12 says about it:

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY (Sending off offence)

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

"getting to the ball first" is not a consideration if you endanger the safety of an opponent by leading with your knee at chest height as their keeper did with that challenge. I'm not arguing for introducing VAR in league two but it's very interesting that AC Milan's keeper was sent off for an identical challenge after VAR instigated an on-field review. Maybe if Saturday's ref had been able to see Wilson getting pole axed in slow motion from multiple angles he'd have changed his mind and made the correct decision.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 71
diehardmariner
October 9, 2023, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
I thought second half there was a moment, perhaps fuelled by confidence from his goal, where Pyke believed in himself and started bullying their defence for a good 10 minutes.  

Then as quickly as his confidence grew, it seemed to disappear again and he watched the play go past him.  

There's questions about his work-rate and if he's lazy.  Having made a point of looking at him on Saturday I'm not sure it's that he's lazy but more he's constantly on his back foot which leaves him too slow to react.  Good players react quicker than others, the better players anticipate before anyone else, the best will dictate where the play goes.  
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 71
pontoonlew
October 9, 2023, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from diehardmariner
I thought second half there was a moment, perhaps fuelled by confidence from his goal, where Pyke believed in himself and started bullying their defence for a good 10 minutes.  

Then as quickly as his confidence grew, it seemed to disappear again and he watched the play go past him.  

There's questions about his work-rate and if he's lazy.  Having made a point of looking at him on Saturday I'm not sure it's that he's lazy but more he's constantly on his back foot which leaves him too slow to react.  Good players react quicker than others, the better players anticipate before anyone else, the best will dictate where the play goes.  

My first thoughts watching Pyke have been Stefan Payne.

The sheer lack of mobility can often look like he’s lazy, but barely anything he does seems to come off. Hopefully he’s maybe just in a bad patch but Pyke was the only player we signed this season that came with universally bad reviews from fans and for now they’ve been absolutely spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 71
diehardmariner
October 9, 2023, 11:56am
Vodka Drinker
The standard was obviously a lot less in the games he played, but in those early pre-season games he definitely looked to have a bit more about him.

The thing I struggle to understand with his lack of movement is that to be anything other than a liability at wing-back, you've got to be able to get up and down the line as an absolute basic.  By all accounts he did ok in that role in League One.

Playing up top and as a wing-back are completely different, but I just can't imagine his style would in anyway lend itself to a demanding up-and-down type position.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 71
Maringer
October 9, 2023, 12:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
How about Peter Bore?

Looked clueless when played up front or on the wing, but did a good job at full-back/wing-back during his last season with us - he even scored a hat-trick in one game, that I recall!

He was distinctly rapid, though, whereas Pyke doesn't really strike me as a speed machine, though he's not slow.

Pyke might do better when he's got a view of the whole pitch in front of him - i.e. knowing when and where he can run and where the space is. Playing as a forward, often with your back to goal and having to be aware of where space might be found as well as the offside line is an enormously different sort of a role. Good finish from him the other day and, from the video posted, the header did at least force a decent save from their keeper (though I agree he shouldn't have had a chance). Hopefully he'll continue to improve and will come good as a forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 71
diehardmariner
October 9, 2023, 12:46pm
Vodka Drinker
I think clueless for Peter Bore is maybe a little harsh.  Inconsistent definitely  I always thought he just needed good coaching.  He seemed to develop his game a bit more under Buckley but Mike Newell killed his development, as he did with a few other youngsters.

His reading of the game in that relegation season looked superb from right-back, although with hindsight I wonder if it was more his pace got him/us out of trouble rather than anything else.  He forever seemed to be making last gasp challenges though.  The following season he was back more on the wing and didn't seem quite as effective, again inconsistency but I think you make a very good point about having space in front of you.  It definitely benefited Bore.  

My point regards Pyke was more of his sheer movement, or lack of it, than anything else.  As you say, hopefully more to come and he takes the confidence from his goal.  
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 71
paulmblythe
October 9, 2023, 12:52pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Heisenberg

We do indeed have some simpletons who follow us away. This reminds me of after the Southampton Game last season. We where walking back to our hotel past a bus stop where some rather glum looking southampton fans where stood/sat waiting to get home. One gobshite started berating them about how embarrassed they should have been and was goading them into a fight. These people werent causing anyone any trouble and where mostly late 50's to pensioner age and didnt want ant trouble. a few of us pointed out to the idiot that wed had a good night and not to spoil it be being an bottom and apologised on his behalf but he wasnt having any of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 71
lew chaterleys lover
October 9, 2023, 12:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,725
Of all the forward players out there that could have done an adequate if basic job up front,  we get a wing back on the wing and a prayer that we can turn him into a striker? What on earth is that all about?
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 71
GhostDan
October 9, 2023, 12:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Of all the forward players out there that could have done an adequate if basic job up front,  we get a wing back on the wing and a prayer that we can turn him into a striker? What on earth is that all about?

I certainly wouldn't want to let facts get in the way of another mindless rant but Pyke has played a handful of games at wing-back because both their other fullbacks were injured, I'm not sure why he keeps getting beaten with this stick.  

Is Efete a left back now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 71
lew chaterleys lover
October 9, 2023, 1:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GhostDan

I certainly wouldn't want to let facts get in the way of another mindless rant but Pyke has played a handful of games at wing-back because both their other fullbacks were injured, I'm not sure why he keeps getting beaten with this stick.  

Is Efete a left back now?

I don't know but that's another crazy decision if you ask me.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 71
paulmblythe
October 9, 2023, 1:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pontoonlew

My first thoughts watching Pyke have been Stefan Payne.

The sheer lack of mobility can often look like he’s lazy, but barely anything he does seems to come off. Hopefully he’s maybe just in a bad patch but Pyke was the only player we signed this season that came with universally bad reviews from fans and for now they’ve been absolutely spot on.

this is something that often riles me. a player can appear to be lazy if he's not careering around the pitch like a headless chicken. If his body wont allow him to do that its not laziness, I often see players who are clearly not match fit being accused of laziness when probably they are busting a gut. Ive had it myself, i gave up playing football at the age of 42 with a knee injury. one of the things that clinched it was i was sick of people shouting at me for being lazy when despite being quiet fit, the legs just wouldn't allow me to track back as quick as the kids half my age that where yelling at me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 71
lew chaterleys lover
October 9, 2023, 1:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from paulmblythe

this is something that often riles me. a player can appear to be lazy if he's not careering around the pitch like a headless chicken. If his body wont allow him to do that its not laziness, I often see players who are clearly not match fit being accused of laziness when probably they are busting a gut. Ive had it myself, i gave up playing football at the age of 42 with a knee injury. one of the things that clinched it was i was sick of people shouting at me for being lazy when despite being quiet fit, the legs just wouldn't allow me to track back as quick as the kids half my age that where yelling at me.

In the case of Pyke I don't think it's laziness but to me he always seems to be on the back foot, so by the time he has got going it is usually too late. This is not a criticism of the player if he is being played out of position. At the age of 26 he has a total of 11 league goals so it's hardly his fault.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 71
SpiritOf98
October 9, 2023, 1:19pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
I thought Pyke looked good and used his strength well 2nd half, but with Rose gone he seemed to be dropping deeper and his strength was less effective while holding up at the halfway line. Like to see him holding up like that outside the area with others around him for options.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 71
Limerick Mariner
October 9, 2023, 1:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from diehardmariner

Gary Birtles could have been described as lazy by the time he arrived with us. He certainly wasn’t quick when he played for us. His attacking brain was quick though.

With hindsight it’s clear we should have kept Orsi. We could have played 2 up top with Rose a bit deeper than him. With both Wilson and Rose fit he probably wouldn’t have started regularly, but with the injuries we’ve had he would have had plenty of minutes by now.

I expect PH was targeting other forward at the time we let him leave and we missed out on those. But Orsi is a good grafter and can finish, knowing how difficult it’s been to land our forward targets - there’s a bird in the hand lesson for PH there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 71
Ruston AT
October 9, 2023, 1:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +431
Gold Stars: 10

I've been led to understand it wasn't that we let Orsi go but his wife wanted to move back down south.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 71
GhostDan
October 9, 2023, 1:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12

I don't know but that's another crazy decision if you ask me.

On the face of it yes but Amos is injured and Efete has been much better at LB than Glennon has for a long time now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 71
Hagrid
October 9, 2023, 1:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,429
Gold Stars: 535
Quoted from Ruston AT

I've been led to understand it wasn't that we let Orsi go but his wife wanted to move back down south.

Wife? He was shagging half the ladies of grimsby every weekend😳😳😳
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 71
chaos33
October 9, 2023, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Wow. That’s quite a statement, published on the internet in your name, forever.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 71
Mappers
October 9, 2023, 6:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,335
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Ruston AT

We are seemingly football's version of The Good Samaritans when it comes to letting players go for their own ambitions  and wellbeing , However admirable , unfortunately with hindsight a few of those over the last couple of years have turned out to hinder us.

We seem to give them a wave off (assuming we can do better? )

But Orsi & Mani could and should have been  retained until we had better at least.

Yes I know Mani wanted to play , but I don't think anyone believes he would not have stayed for longer  with a couple of years contract and a rise .

We are getting tucked up regularly , the worry for me is the time is ticking on some of our more important players contracts already (Maher , Eisa & Clifton ).
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 71
Son of Cod
October 9, 2023, 6:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from chaos33
Wow. That’s quite a statement, published on the internet in your name, forever.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I don't think his real name is Hagrid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 71
chaos33
October 9, 2023, 7:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
No, I’m sure you’re right, although he has an IP address, but still….that’s quite a thing to allege/post.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 71
HerveJosse
October 9, 2023, 7:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Ruston AT

Can’t imagine Man City letting Haaland go if he started pining for the Fjords.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 71
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 9, 2023, 7:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from HerveJosse

Can’t imagine Man City letting Hallandale go if he started pining for the Fjords.

It’s an awful lot simpler to retain your players (and staff) when you pay them off the books.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 71
GrimPol
October 10, 2023, 8:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from SpiritOf98
I thought Pyke looked good and used his strength well 2nd half, but with Rose gone he seemed to be dropping deeper and his strength was less effective while holding up at the halfway line. Like to see him holding up like that outside the area with others around him for options.

Two up would be better with Rose, however, someone should tell Rose to stop his diving. He never gets an FK because it's a pathetic show.
He should be fighting for the fall instead of waiting for a slight touch to make him dive, loses the ball to the opposition and breaks down a Grimsby attack. So frustrating.  He really does need a word in his ear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.