Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (Tranmere)

This thread currently has 7,489 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Chrisblor
October 8, 2023, 8:54pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,864
Gold Stars: 237
Some better highlights here:

Key events with timestamps:

Wilson blatantly kicked by Jennings in the penalty area which is ignored by the referee - 3m05s

Wilson savagely kneed at chest height by the goalkeeper, which is somehow given as a foul against him rather than a dismissal for their keeper for endangering an opponent - 3m23s

Tranmere 1-0 - 3m38s

Rose equaliser 1-1 - 3m57s

Pyke 2-1 - 4m56s

Pyke missed header from 3 yards - 6m00s

Tranmere equaliser at 2-2 is missing

Eisa effort tipped round the post 7m11s

(can't link to any of them directly because any time you try and put a youtube URL with a timestamp on the fishy for some annoying the message board forces a separate embedded video for each URL instead of just displaying a clickable link)

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 71
cardiffmariner
October 8, 2023, 9:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
You have to wonder how that isn’t a pen on Wilson! It’s a Sunday league centre backs tackle!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 71
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 8, 2023, 9:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
I normally defend referees on here but he’s got a reasonable view of the Wilson ‘pen’ and still doesn’t give it. Definitely a penalty.

I don’t know how the incident with the keeper isn’t a red card. I can only assume he doesn’t see it properly but it’s clearly dangerous play.

Funnily enough, I was watching Genoa v Milan in a bar last night and Mike Maignan got sent off for the exact same challenge (and clattered into another Genoa player a second later for good measure).

See 1:16 for Maignan red card

Milan had used up all their subs so Olivier Giroud had to go in goal. Genoa hit the bar from the resulting free kick. Then Giroud made a brave one-on-one save before the Genoa keeper (Martinez) started playing as an extra striker. Martinez then got sent off for lunging into a tackle 25 yards out from Milan’s own goal. Crazy end to a football match.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 71
bradzmilne
October 8, 2023, 11:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from grimsby pete

Hurst can not win he keeps Rose on and posters on here say he was knacked. and would get injured.

Take him off like yesterday and he is wrong again.

Who would be a manager ?

I hope he plays young Gardener instead.
Hopefully he won't even play Rose on Tuesday so he is fit for saturday.

Although I understand your sentiment, it’s not quite as black or white as you imply.

The reason we’re so reliant on Rose is because we don’t have a replacement. He’s absolutely integral to how we play and attack, in particular.

With our current crop of players there is no one that can do what he does. Therefore, we look significantly weaker when he isn’t on the pitch. Taking him off after 70 minutes while the game was tied didn’t feel appropriate at the time & I stand by that view.

So, I’d suggest either; Rose needs to last more than 70 minutes or we need another centre forward that can replace him like-for-like.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 71
Azimuth
October 9, 2023, 9:24am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
The challenge on Wilson by their keeper was terrible, very very dangerous and in reality should have been a red card.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 71
pen penfras
October 9, 2023, 9:32am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
The goalkeeper clearly gets the ball before Wilson clatters into him. If that was them attacking you'd all agree the ref got it right. Is their keeper not supposed to go for the ball and let Wilson score?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 71
Maringer
October 9, 2023, 10:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,553
Gold Stars: 185
It wasn't quite the full Schumacher, but in this day and age players are expected to be a bit more aware of their opponents and what might cause injury. I think I'd probably have said a yellow card for it, but penalising Wilson was just daft.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 71
AussieMariner
October 9, 2023, 10:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from pen penfras
The goalkeeper clearly gets the ball before Wilson clatters into him. If that was them attacking you'd all agree the ref got it right. Is their keeper not supposed to go for the ball and let Wilson score?

No, he’s entitled to challenge for the ball but he’s also not supposed to go into the challenge with his knee up endangering his opponent. It’s the equivalent to an egg chaser going into a tackle leading with his elbow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 71
Chrisblor
October 9, 2023, 10:26am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,864
Gold Stars: 237
Here's what Law 12 says about it:

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY (Sending off offence)

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

"getting to the ball first" is not a consideration if you endanger the safety of an opponent by leading with your knee at chest height as their keeper did with that challenge. I'm not arguing for introducing VAR in league two but it's very interesting that AC Milan's keeper was sent off for an identical challenge after VAR instigated an on-field review. Maybe if Saturday's ref had been able to see Wilson getting pole axed in slow motion from multiple angles he'd have changed his mind and made the correct decision.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 71
diehardmariner
October 9, 2023, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
I thought second half there was a moment, perhaps fuelled by confidence from his goal, where Pyke believed in himself and started bullying their defence for a good 10 minutes.  

Then as quickly as his confidence grew, it seemed to disappear again and he watched the play go past him.  

There's questions about his work-rate and if he's lazy.  Having made a point of looking at him on Saturday I'm not sure it's that he's lazy but more he's constantly on his back foot which leaves him too slow to react.  Good players react quicker than others, the better players anticipate before anyone else, the best will dictate where the play goes.  
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.