Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (Tranmere)

This thread currently has 7,475 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
SpiritOf98
October 9, 2023, 1:19pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
I thought Pyke looked good and used his strength well 2nd half, but with Rose gone he seemed to be dropping deeper and his strength was less effective while holding up at the halfway line. Like to see him holding up like that outside the area with others around him for options.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 71
Limerick Mariner
October 9, 2023, 1:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from diehardmariner
I thought second half there was a moment, perhaps fuelled by confidence from his goal, where Pyke believed in himself and started bullying their defence for a good 10 minutes.  

Then as quickly as his confidence grew, it seemed to disappear again and he watched the play go past him.  

There's questions about his work-rate and if he's lazy.  Having made a point of looking at him on Saturday I'm not sure it's that he's lazy but more he's constantly on his back foot which leaves him too slow to react.  Good players react quicker than others, the better players anticipate before anyone else, the best will dictate where the play goes.  

Gary Birtles could have been described as lazy by the time he arrived with us. He certainly wasn’t quick when he played for us. His attacking brain was quick though.

With hindsight it’s clear we should have kept Orsi. We could have played 2 up top with Rose a bit deeper than him. With both Wilson and Rose fit he probably wouldn’t have started regularly, but with the injuries we’ve had he would have had plenty of minutes by now.

I expect PH was targeting other forward at the time we let him leave and we missed out on those. But Orsi is a good grafter and can finish, knowing how difficult it’s been to land our forward targets - there’s a bird in the hand lesson for PH there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 71
Ruston AT
October 9, 2023, 1:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +431
Gold Stars: 10

I've been led to understand it wasn't that we let Orsi go but his wife wanted to move back down south.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 71
GhostDan
October 9, 2023, 1:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12

I don't know but that's another crazy decision if you ask me.

On the face of it yes but Amos is injured and Efete has been much better at LB than Glennon has for a long time now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 71
Hagrid
October 9, 2023, 1:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,416
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Ruston AT

I've been led to understand it wasn't that we let Orsi go but his wife wanted to move back down south.

Wife? He was shagging half the ladies of grimsby every weekend😳😳😳
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 71
chaos33
October 9, 2023, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Wow. That’s quite a statement, published on the internet in your name, forever.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 71
Mappers
October 9, 2023, 6:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,317
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Ruston AT

We are seemingly football's version of The Good Samaritans when it comes to letting players go for their own ambitions  and wellbeing , However admirable , unfortunately with hindsight a few of those over the last couple of years have turned out to hinder us.

We seem to give them a wave off (assuming we can do better? )

But Orsi & Mani could and should have been  retained until we had better at least.

Yes I know Mani wanted to play , but I don't think anyone believes he would not have stayed for longer  with a couple of years contract and a rise .

We are getting tucked up regularly , the worry for me is the time is ticking on some of our more important players contracts already (Maher , Eisa & Clifton ).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 71
Son of Cod
October 9, 2023, 6:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from chaos33
Wow. That’s quite a statement, published on the internet in your name, forever.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I don't think his real name is Hagrid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 71
chaos33
October 9, 2023, 7:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
No, I’m sure you’re right, although he has an IP address, but still….that’s quite a thing to allege/post.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 71
HerveJosse
October 9, 2023, 7:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Ruston AT

Can’t imagine Man City letting Haaland go if he started pining for the Fjords.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.