Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (Tranmere)

This thread currently has 7,482 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
October 8, 2023, 10:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Tranmere comfortably has the worst team I've seen this Season and failure to secure 3 points vs them was a case of 2 points dropped.Its a recurring theme this failure to see games out and the sooner Maher is back the better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 71
bradzmilne
October 8, 2023, 10:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,425
Gold Stars: 30
We’re struck in a bit of a rut in which we’re not putting teams away & undoubtedly that’s another 2 points dropped.

I’d be tempted to have a look at what strikers are available as a free agent as I just don’t think Pyke offers enough. All about personal opinions though and “statically” he did well enough yesterday.

Bringing Rose off was a bizarre move, as our single biggest goal threat.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 71
1mickylyons
October 8, 2023, 11:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Thought Pyke did OK yesterday and hopefully his well taken goal gives him confidence? The defence and keeper look shaky and opposition are preying upon it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 71
Davec
October 8, 2023, 11:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
How many points dropped from winning positions is that now? 17 I think? But I could be wrong.

Either way it is a lot and it needs fixing somehow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 71
Trevor Whymark
October 8, 2023, 1:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +15
Gold Stars: 9
I'm not his greatest fan captain Pyke  in someway he tries too hard and he easily  read up front and his touch but can not fault work rate and bludgeoning effect .That said instead of  the supporter at tranmere who constantly criticised his every touch but not when he scored could you enlighten him in how hold  up the ball up better and roll his marker to link up instead of calling out rubbish I await your coaching tips in my next away game .Well I've  returned back to north london long day still enjoyed every minute .Being surrounded with Tottenham Arsenal supporters and the rest of prem supporters  every week at work I do laugh at their constant  drivel their constant chants change the manager at every loss .That said lwe looking like a very light squad with injuries just need to get behind them  and when we play we follow we follow we follow and that's the way we like it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 71
It Bites
October 8, 2023, 1:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,201
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from gtfc_chris

I’ve never quite really understood why some people see this as a reasonable excuse to hurl abuse at players/manager.

Fans pay to watch the game because it costs money to run a football club and charging people to watch the game helps pay the bills and I know I’m stating the obvious.

That money you pay doesn’t gift you a licence to abandon basic human etiquette and lay into people for trying to do their job.

If that were the case then there are a few people I would very happily pay their bosses good money to spend 90 minutes stood next to them detailing how they’re a waste of space. Don’t know them personally but hey, if that’s what buying a ticket does then it’s ok right?

Football Supporter , it’s in the name isn’t it . If you’re at the game you really should support the team . A2-2 draw away at tranmere is no time to boo , if booing is what you like
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 71
Garth
October 8, 2023, 1:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from lukeo
Only saw patches of the game. From what I saw a point seems a fair result.

Regards moaners. Since I grew up (admittedly in my younger years i shouted and moaned alot, especially on that massive downward spiral) I've not been one for screaming and shouting if we're playing excrement or losing heavy, ill just sit in silence. An example being swindon away last year, I just sat in silence and then moaned on the fishy a bit afterwards  

Moaners!!! They are better supporters than me, they spend their money on travel, food and tickets to follow Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 71
grimsby pete
October 8, 2023, 4:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from bradzmilne

Bringing Rose off was a bizarre move, as our single biggest goal threat.

Hurst can not win he keeps Rose on and posters on here say he was knacked. and would get injured.

Take him off like yesterday and he is wrong again.

Who would be a manager ?

I hope he plays young Gardener instead.
Hopefully he won't even play Rose on Tuesday so he is fit for saturday.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 71
grimps
October 8, 2023, 5:49pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from golfer
A good away point but I think I would have played Holohan from the start. I'm surprised that so many people don't realize what he brings to the team.

A good away point for a team with aspirations of mid table mediocrity, I as a fan this season was hoping for a bit more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 71
Blue Mariner
October 8, 2023, 7:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +32
We were excrement, they were excrement.  We had a excrement draw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.