Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back (Tranmere)

This thread currently has 7,486 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
October 7, 2023, 8:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,209
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Heisenberg

That’s a shame, and embarrassing. And totally believable.

I saw a couple of dozen idiots at the end of the Crawley game and, despite the fact I was bereft, I could have killed them.  Such simpletons.

We all want better, but if we beat Accrington next weekend - which I think we will - the outlook willl be pretty positive.

People need to calm down.

Oh don’t get me wrong though, I love a good moan and I’m partial to an over reaction but booing the team after an away point just isn’t supporting your team
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 71
aldi_01
October 7, 2023, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from It Bites

Oh don’t get me wrong though, I love a good moan and I’m partial to an over reaction but booing the team after an away point just isn’t supporting your team

They’re not supporters, they’re probably just getting in now, flipping up the laptop and search for some spaff media, desperately searching for one that looks like the avoidant mother they so desperately crave. Finishing in a sports direct sock before embarking on a trip down meggies to swill some Dark fruits down their neck before walking back home, to their jizz stained sheets, but really happy because they booed their team…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 71
Maringer
October 7, 2023, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
You've put way, way too much thought into that post.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 71
grimsby pete
October 7, 2023, 8:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ska face
Their first looks more like handball every time I see it -

https://www.skysports.com/watc.....eague-two-highlights

You do know you can have a free eye test when you get to 65 mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 71
ska face
October 7, 2023, 8:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Got to take the positives where you can I suppose, and that’s the third game in the last 4 where we’ve scored twice. Rose has 4 in 10 league games, more than Ryan Taylor managed in the entirety of last season. Wilson has 2 in 75 minutes (total) plus was involved in the first today. Pyke has 3 so far including the 2 in the JPT, and should surpass his best ever season (5). Eisa on 5 in 13 which is his best ever start to a season, finishing with 9 twice at Scunthorpe.

Hurst said at the start of the year he was hoping that this season would be an opportunity for a few players to realise their potential or have their best ever seasons. Think he was hinting at Vernam in that but certainly the chance for other forward players to really kick on.

Just need to tighten up at the back!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 71
lukeo
October 7, 2023, 8:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Only saw patches of the game. From what I saw a point seems a fair result.

Regards moaners. Since I grew up (admittedly in my younger years i shouted and moaned alot, especially on that massive downward spiral) I've not been one for screaming and shouting if we're playing excrement or losing heavy, ill just sit in silence. An example being swindon away last year, I just sat in silence and then moaned on the fishy a bit afterwards  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 71
The Caterham Mariner
October 7, 2023, 9:19pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from It Bites

Too many coked out mammaries follow town away . They just gob off absolute bollox unless town are winning 5-0 . Again , which is why I sit in the home ends

I sit far away from the main crowd like i was at Swindon
To avoid unqualified referees and football pundits who are volunteers unpaid  experts ...quite happy to watch
Town away and form my own opinions.
UTM 2023-24

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 71
gtfc_chris
October 7, 2023, 9:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Watching most of the game online I thought it was a bit of a damp performance. It wasn't as poor as the Barrow game but certainly wasn't as commanding a performance as even some of the games we've lost.

People called for two up top, at times I thought it worked well but I also think it meant we surrendered some dominance in midfield. Especially in the second half - like the Barrow game - they came out all guns blazing which I don't think would have been the case in our usual setup. Tranmere were nothing like Barrow and posed almost no genuine frequent threat so to allow them the chance to gain dominance was more frustrating than Tuesday night.

That was backed up for me when we made the changes and Rose came off and we took control of the game again. Although we need to figure out how to be more of a threat in our 451 system I still believe it is our best one for what we have available and in terms of our ability to impose more control in games.

On an individual basis I can't help but feel Waterfall weakens us. During the game I thought about checking the stats on goals conceded and points gained with/without Waterfall. It pains me to say it because he was so monumental over the last two seasons, but for where we're hoping to go and the possession based game we're trying to play I don't think it suits and I think we panic more at the back because the composure doesn't flow across the whole back line.

I've never minded Efete and I don't think he's been poor at left back but I think we need to look back to Amos. I'm also not against Glennon but his form has dropped this season and for me, Amos is our best option at left back. Just having that natural balance, more so in games like these where the opposition aren't as strong can only be beneficial to us.

Pyke didn't make a lasting impression but there were times where he showed minor glimpses of what he could offer, not least a well taken goal and well done to him on that but he also should have made it 3-1. I don't think he's convinced anyone today but I think it's possibly his best game so far.

I'm not necessarily upset with a point, but I also can't help but feel that given Tranmeres frailties we could have taken three points today. I also think we'll need to be better next weekend if we want to take three points as Accrington will be better than Tranmere and this level of performance won't get the job done, admittedly recognising that we managed to take three points off Barrow when we deserved nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 71
chaos33
October 7, 2023, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Good balanced stuff. Constructive criticism and considered reflection. Down with that sort of thing!

Personally I thought that we were too easy to get at via full back positions (again) and we were short in allowing too many crosses, and it cost us again. If we don’t address our issues in these positions, we will continue to be inconsistent. I won’t pretend that this isn’t true for most , if not all teams in L2 though. Some teams took a thumping today. Take a look at the results of all the teams in the top half - they’ve all suffered some defeats, this season - some of them heavy to so-called ‘relegation contender’ teams, and loads of those goals conceded will be ‘soft’ or ‘sloppy’. That’s what it is. It’s L2 reality and it’s competitive.
It makes me wonder what world some of the usual half wits who post on here live in - like they’re brutalised victims every time we concede a goal or don’t win, and they stumble onto here, almost glorying in the attention they get from a public declaration of how not winning every game is ‘unacceptable’ to them or how we’ll never go anywhere with Hurst and we should sack him. I understand even less those who travel all that way and then boo or abuse our players because we drew a L2 away match, and that’ll certainly get the players doing better in future games. Seriously - if it makes you angry and miserable and self righteous - why go, and why come on here blithering a load of old cobblers, and then crying when people call you out. Go watch GB news and have your chain pulled if that’s what you like, but pipe down.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 71
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2023, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
Good balanced stuff. Constructive criticism and considered reflection. Down with that sort of thing!

Personally I thought that we were too easy to get at via full back positions (again) and we were short in allowing too many crosses, and it cost us again. If we don’t address our issues in these positions, we will continue to be inconsistent. I won’t pretend that this isn’t true for most , if not all teams in L2 though. Some teams took a thumping today. Take a look at the results of all the teams in the top half - they’ve all suffered some defeats, this season - some of them heavy to so-called ‘relegation contender’ teams, and loads of those goals conceded will be ‘soft’ or ‘sloppy’. That’s what it is. It’s L2 reality and it’s competitive.
It makes me wonder what world some of the usual half wits who post on here live in - like they’re brutalised victims every time we concede a goal or don’t win, and they stumble onto here, almost glorying in the attention they get from a public declaration of how not winning every game is ‘unacceptable’ to them or how we’ll never go anywhere with Hurst and we should sack him. I understand even less those who travel all that way and then boo or abuse our players because we drew a L2 away match, and that’ll certainly get the players doing better in future games. Seriously - if it makes you angry and miserable and self righteous - why go, and why come on here blithering a load of old cobblers, and then crying when people call you out. Go watch GB news and have your chain pulled if that’s what you like, but pipe down.

Some people are glass half full, some are glass half empty. Not everyone sees things the same way but, never mind eh, you’re right, they’re wrong.

You go on about being self righteous. Read your own words and tell me you’re not a hypocrite.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back (Tranmere)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.