Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New roof
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 98 Guests

New roof

This thread currently has 29,056 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
July 31, 2023, 6:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

I agree about extending it to the perimeter with seating would add a justifiable number of extra seats, as at the moment the Main Stand has a wide walkway behind it, which could have extra seating added, whereas the walkways would then all be undercover, without the need to extend the footprint of the owned land. Saying that, I'm guessing the neighbours would all complain about the extra size of the stand and the loss of a certain amount of sunlight etc etc

The same could be done with the Pontoon AND Osmond Stands if it was looking for a relatively easy option to add extra seating throughout.

Don't think that is the case with those two stands. The walkways in both are beneath the seating, so can't be extended backwards.

The main stand has the most scope to be extended back and lengthened toward the Ponny. A clever design could add a lot of seats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 238
grimps
July 31, 2023, 7:00pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,150
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from ginnywings
[/b]

Don't think that is the case with those two stands. The walkways in both are beneath the seating, so can't be extended backwards.

The main stand has the most scope to be extended back and lengthened toward the Ponny. A clever design could add a lot of seats.

People seem to be adamant that we can change the height of the gradient of a possible new Main stand .
It doesn’t seem to ever stop bungalows being able to build higher dormers etc when seeking planning permission.
I’m sure they could easily rebuild something holding 5000 seats plus all the amenities needed underneath
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 238
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 31, 2023, 7:02pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 122
Quoted from forza ivano
does anyone know what the capacity of Blundell Park is?

I dont think anybody does. It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 238
Mappers
July 31, 2023, 7:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Retaining regulars is crucial and providing non impeded views throughout the ground , I suppose taking away those even with just a slightly higher capacity would be good in the short to medium term and then you could work out if there is an increase in demand with the improved facility .

Thorough toilet refurb throughout the ground , a new PA system and some modern disabled facilities ; with added areas for children /adults with learning difficulties , sensory disorders and autism etc would be a good start with some improved and larger bars added somewhere .

All that would be a good whack though just to start .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 238
Mappers
July 31, 2023, 7:14pm
Champagne Drinker

I dont think anybody does. It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

Stockwood says 9k no one thinks it's 9k best just to leave it at that .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 238
It Bites
July 31, 2023, 7:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,206
Gold Stars: 266
The only way we can make BP work is to get rid of the main stand and replace it with a full length stand with no posts . I’d guess it would cost 10 mill for a decent one . Crowd Funder won’t cut it this time
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 238
rancido
July 31, 2023, 8:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,655
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Simon

I know of someone who was a season ticket holder for over 20 years that can no longer attend games because of the parking issue, blue badge holder but still cant get parked close enough to the ground

And as the capacity increases and the attendance increases , the available car parking spaces ( on street parking) remains the same. All this talk of park and ride is just not viable. A park and ride purely for BP is not financially viable for 26 occasions a year and it would be hard to convince the Council and Stagecoach to fund such a system based on what - a seaside resort that has several routes of access.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 238
Mappers
July 31, 2023, 8:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from rancido

And as the capacity increases and the attendance increases , the available car parking spaces ( on street parking) remains the same. All this talk of park and ride is just not viable. A park and ride purely for BP is not financially viable for 26 occasions a year and it would be hard to convince the Council and Stagecoach to fund such a system based on what - a seaside resort that has several routes of access.

Surely the best parking is at the ice house always empty , I know probably not for the elderly or physically less able but for most a nice ten min walk .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 238
forza ivano
July 31, 2023, 9:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266

perhaps we could start a thread on it?!?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 238
The Yard Dog
July 31, 2023, 10:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from crusty ole pie
As I speak the roof is being ripped off the pontoon and being replaced this week bit last minute

Club was told on Thursday that it had to be replace for safety issues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 238
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New roof

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.