Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New roof
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 427 Guests

New roof

This thread currently has 29,064 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
grimps
July 31, 2023, 12:52pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,151
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from grimsby pete
Bournemouth did ok in the prem. on gates of 12,500 .

We could get ,12,500 in at the park with a little planning.

So no need to move .

With the new training ground and a bit of thought on what we could do at the park on non match days.

We will be fine.

They’d have got 25000 in the Prem  if their ground was big enough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 238
grimsby pete
July 31, 2023, 12:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from diehardmariner

We just need a Russian billionaire to bankroll us/get us up to our eyeballs in debt then.

No thanks given time and good planning there is no reason Jason and Andrew and Co. Could get us there not that I am holding my breathe .

I will be happy to be top half L1 and if we got to the championship I would be over the moon.

On the very slim chance we ever get to the prem. I would turn in my grave.  

If Luton can do it why not us ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 238
Limerick Mariner
July 31, 2023, 12:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
My Nan lived on Harrington Street and passed away a couple of years ago, she was always in regular contact with the club as she was always sending balls back round. She always kept one for me at Christmas however  

The club sent a nice boquet of flowers to the funeral and a nice card from the club, however her house was sold for around 80 thousand, if you estimate around 20 houses behind all at roughly the same price that's 1.6 million before any work has even been started. It's a non starter.

There are 13 houses on Harrington Street between the two Main Stand turnstiles. At Championship level funding that wouldn't be a non-starter, maybe even League 1 level with new investment. All of that area of housing could be demolished and additional height created in that part of a new stand with Corporate at the top.

Longer term a few acquisitions nearest the ground at the bottom of Imperial and Con Avenue would help redevelop on the Findus side.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 238
Bigdog
July 31, 2023, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
In time, virtually every club will have better facilities than Blundell Park. So any attempt to paper over the cracks can only be termed as managed decline. There are people I know who don't like the "Blundell Park" experience, they don't think it's quaint or a "proper football ground". Realistically it will need £15m to change that perspective. At the same time, spending that money will limit our ambitions to home support of around 8.5k plus away supporters. Stay at Blundell Park with much better facilities and two or three stand rebuilds and extensions? Probably not worth it. Although I know fans who rarely step inside BP because of the facilities and matchday experience, I've yet to find a diehard who would never set foot in a new stadium because they love the BP experience so much. The huge stumbling block is the cost of relocation for a meaningful step forward in ambitions. Unfortunately we're in a Catch 22 situation, and it's why discussions like this are pretty much relentless. I try not to think about it too much and just enjoy the football.. while qiuetly hoping 1878 pull a rabbit out of the hat sometime in the future once the training ground is completed..  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 238
Mappers
July 31, 2023, 1:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,478
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from diehardmariner

A thread for each seat that is no longer fit for purpose at BP.  By my reckoning, we've only got another 7899 threads to be hi-jacked.  The Word Association Thread must be shitting bricks.

On a serious note though, whilst it's somewhat tiresome to see everything coming back to to the same points, it does feel to me that this shows how much of an issue our ground is - certainly to the fans anyway.  It's probably more the public facing perception than anything else, but I don't get the feeling that 1878 share that same level of concern.

The training ground seems to be there priority and you can only speculate but I would think they see that as the commercial money raiser on non -matchdays , because you would think it's setup will be something of a community hub - 6 million is a lot for just a training ground so i think quite a bit of other stuff will be incorporated into it (I might be wrong ) .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 238
Marinerdeano
July 31, 2023, 1:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Jason Stockwood loves 'the art of the possibile' and I've no doubt he's got some good incremental changes in mind for Blundell Park. This season reroof Ponny (I like the sound of something that lets more light in). 1 year remove some posts from Main Stand and stabilise. 2 years a new structure that either begins the construction of a same height main stand or extends the Ponny around that corner towards the main. 3 years reconstruction of existing main stand to be in keeping with new structure (possible temporary seating either side of Findus. 4 years begin plans that see extension(s) to the Findus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 238
Limerick Mariner
July 31, 2023, 2:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Bigdog
In time, virtually every club will have better facilities than Blundell Park. So any attempt to paper over the cracks can only be termed as managed decline. There are peolple I know who don't like the "Blundell Park" experience, they don't think it's quaint or a "proper football ground". Realistically it will need £15m to change that perspective. At the same time, spending that money will limit our ambitions to home support of around 8.5k plus away supporters. Stay at Blundell Park with much better facilities and two or three stand rebuilds and extensions? Probably not worth it. Although I know fans who rarely step inside BP because of the facilities and matchday experience, I've yet to find a diehard who would never set foot in a new stadium because they love the BP experience so much. The huge stumbling block is the cost of relocation for a meaningful step forward in ambitions. Unfortunately we're in a Catch 22 situation, and it's why discussions like this are pretty much relentless. I try not to think about it too much and just enjoy the football.. while qiuetly hoping 1878 pull a rabbit out of the hat sometime in the future..  

I've no doubt about those two statements, don't agree it would take £15 million to change it though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 238
Bigdog
July 31, 2023, 3:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I've no doubt about those two statements, don't agree it would take £15 million to change it though.

My point was that it would take £15m to build possibly three stands at BP with new stadium like facilities to change the experience. Agreed it would take less to patch up the corners, the Main and Osmond, but it would still be a patched up old stadium.. I also accept that it might be the best case scenario for the foreseeable future..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 238
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 31, 2023, 3:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Bigdog
In time, virtually every club will have better facilities than Blundell Park. So any attempt to paper over the cracks can only be termed as managed decline. There are peolple I know who don't like the "Blundell Park" experience, they don't think it's quaint or a "proper football ground". Realistically it will need £15m to change that perspective. At the same time, spending that money will limit our ambitions to home support of around 8.5k plus away supporters. Stay at Blundell Park with much better facilities and two or three stand rebuilds and extensions? Probably not worth it. Although I know fans who rarely step inside BP because of the facilities and matchday experience, I've yet to find a diehard who would never set foot in a new stadium because they love the BP experience so much. The huge stumbling block is the cost of relocation for a meaningful step forward in ambitions. Unfortunately we're in a Catch 22 situation, and it's why discussions like this are pretty much relentless. I try not to think about it too much and just enjoy the football.. while qiuetly hoping 1878 pull a rabbit out of the hat sometime in the future once the training ground is completed..  

Hang on. So you are suggesting there are actual supporters that, ironically, don’t support the club because of the ground? That’s a bit like saying that those supporters only go to certain games, such as ……play off finals, games against premier league teams etc.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 238
grimps
July 31, 2023, 3:18pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,151
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Marinerdeano
Jason Stockwood loves 'the art of the possibile' and I've no doubt he's got some good incremental changes in mind for Blundell Park. This season reroof Ponny (I like the sound of something that lets more light in). 1 year remove some posts from Main Stand and stabilise. 2 years a new structure that either begins the construction of a same height main stand or extends the Ponny around that corner towards the main. 3 years reconstruction of existing main stand to be in keeping with new structure (possible temporary seating either side of Findus. 4 years begin plans that see extension(s) to the Findus.

Waiting 4 years to increase our capacity will leave us well behind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 238
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New roof

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.