7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
April 22, 2023, 8:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,281
Gold Stars: 266
interesting interview.As usual, excellent dispassionate summing up of the game.
Couple of points - think today has crystallised a few thoughts ; a few players will be shown the door or will become bit part players.
He knows we need a goal scorer and I think he will be ruthless with his incomings and outgoings.
Suspect Khouri is quite an important part of his plans for next season (especially if Harry departs) . From what I've seen he's a  ready made replacement, but imho I think he might be quicker all round and technically more capable. But a midfield of right footed hard working, hard tackling clifton (should he stay) , left footed hard working,hard tackling Khouri plus a play maker and a wide man (Khan?) looks an enticing prospect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
April 22, 2023, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
I do worry that Khouri is being bigged up way too much by many on the forum. He's done OK in a few games this season, but the idea he's suddenly going to become the lynchpin of our midfield seems fanciful to me at the moment.

He does look like a central midfielder to me in the way that Clifton hasn't always appeared to and Hurst appears to think he has a future with us so let's see how he gets on. To be honest, the idea of Clifton and Khouri anchoring the midfield worries me at present. One player, Clifton, who has been very good for us but mostly in wide positions, and another inexperienced player with just a handful of appearances over the past couple of seasons? In a midfield 3, possibly, but I think we would be underpowered with just those two alongside each other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 69
Stew0_0
April 22, 2023, 8:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
Seeing that Wrexham and probably Notts county coming up from the national League, both who have quality 30+ a season strikers, it's even more imperative we get our forward line right in the summer. (77 goals in 94 games from Mullin.)

Think we've a solid back 4 contracted for next season, sprinkle some goals and creativity in midfield and the wide areas and focus the majority of our budget on a completely new forward line and we can be competitive.

Today just reaffirmed that the current strikers with the exception of Lloyd shouldn't be here next term and quality needed in key areas to maintain progress. Just hope Hurst and his recruitment guy have some irons in the fire.

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 69
Tommy
April 22, 2023, 8:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
I like the look of Khouri but wonder whether he might be worth trying at left back for a run of games. As I don't think Amos or Glennon are good enough to take us further.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 69
acko338
April 22, 2023, 9:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Targets will already be in the minds of all.of the back room staff, we all hope !!

As brilliant as promotion was, and much needed, this is by far a harder, more physical Division, and several teams have shown this side how to play to succeed.

The Cup run - magnificent, but we now see how drained ALL of the team now are, with all of the extra quick turn round games, not forgetting the distances travelled.

So, some to go, some to stay, care with new signings needed, especially up front to get the blend required.

The fans obviously want playing success in the league next season, Town need bodies in the stands to keep financing progress, so home games need to change to bring more attacking formations to draw more people to come to Blundell Park consistently.

Bore draws and lack lustre performances have disappointed this season.

In times of austerity, Town need to give value for hard earned money to keep 6,000 through the gates.

Very good luck for a sustainable, economically successful, and footballing fruitful 2023 / 4 season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 69
HerveJosse
April 22, 2023, 9:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Khouri looks more like a holding midfield player to me sitting in front of the back four/ five rather then a replacement for Clifton . Stll some way off a regular starter but eventually an upgrade on Green.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 69
aldi_01
April 22, 2023, 9:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think Khouri will be a good player for town but he does need time.

Hurst will know who’s being offered a deal and he’ll know where our key areas are. Interesting isn’t it, football and the opinions we all have. I don’t dislike Green or Maher but for me they take us no further than tenth. They have a part to play I’m sure but I just don’t think they’re players that can elevate us to the next level.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2023, 9:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Khouri will feature more next season, instead of Clifton? I doubt it as early glimpses suggest he’s different to Harry and unless we get an offer we can’t refuse I don’t see Harry leaving in this close season.

Clearly PH us knackered, he admitted it mid week and needs a break like many others in the footballing side of the club.

Sometimes you listen for what you want to hear but I’m getting a vibe that PH thought some players would have kicked on a bit and this would mean less surgery in the summer.

I don’t think it’s just the players that are out of contract that are his concern I think he may be looking to tell a couple that they won’t be guaranteed game time next season hence the comment about stretching the budget.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 69
MuddyWaters
April 22, 2023, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,284
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aldi_01

Hurst will know who’s being offered a deal and he’ll know where our key areas are. Interesting isn’t it, football and the opinions we all have. I don’t dislike Green or Maher but for me they take us no further than tenth. They have a part to play I’m sure but I just don’t think they’re players that can elevate us to the next level.

I agree. I don’t see Holohan as a starter in a playoff challenging team either.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 69
Mariner93er
April 22, 2023, 9:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
From Hurst's interview today, I think he's going to be quite ruthless and there may be some surprises. Realistically, we need to improve in every area of the pitch if we're to compete at the top end of the table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 69
blundellpork
April 22, 2023, 9:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from aldi_01

Whilst Green has a lot of support in the crowd, I’ve been quite disappointed at how limited Hurst’s top target from last year has been. He’s not a bad player, but we certainly need better to be challenging the top 7.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 69
Maringer
April 22, 2023, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I think Maher is a decent player and is better in footballing terms than our other central defenders as well. The issues in our defence have mostly come from the wide areas where we've chopped and changed players and formation. I think Maher could be part of a good League Two defence. Only problem is that the full-backs/wing-backs and midfield need to be sorted out as well!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2023, 10:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I think Maher is a decent player and is better in footballing terms than our other central defenders as well. The issues in our defence have mostly come from the wide areas where we've chopped and changed players and formation. I think Maher could be part of a good League Two defence. Only problem is that the full-backs/wing-backs and midfield need to be sorted out as well!

I think our defending has been pretty poor far too often this season and it’s not just at LB & RB. You can see Maher can play and reads it well but as a unit including Max they’ve been bang average and we’ve conceded some shockingly soft goals when players should have taken responsibility.

All of our defenders have found adjusting to or back to playing in the EFL a challenge and it exposed several deficiencies that will need to be worked on.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 69
lew chaterleys lover
April 22, 2023, 10:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,755
Gold Stars: 237
I think sadly we will find it difficult in the summer. The primary reason being so many clubs are happy enough, or silly enough dependant on your point of view, to throw money at the players who a lot of clubs will be aware of.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the budget, though increased, is still not enough to get the players he would most like as in his interview he mentioned the budget and how to deal with it.

I personally hope he doesn't discard too many players, who after all have got us to mid table, but spends most of the budget on what quality he can, who will themselves bring the best out of our current players.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 69
Heisenberg
April 22, 2023, 10:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Tommy
I like the look of Khouri but wonder whether he might be worth trying at left back for a run of games. As I don't think Amos or Glennon are good enough to take us further.

Glennon not good enough? Have a f#cking word with yourself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2023, 10:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I think sadly we will find it difficult in the summer. The primary reason being so many clubs are happy enough, or silly enough dependant on your point of view, to throw money at the players who a lot of clubs will be aware of.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the budget, though increased, is still not enough to get the players he would most like as in his interview he mentioned the budget and how to deal with it.

I personally hope he doesn't discard too many players, who after all have got us to mid table, but spends most of the budget on what quality he can, who will themselves bring the best out of our current players.

People have different views but I think we need to sign/re-sign 2 keepers, 2 CB’s, 1 x LB, 1 x RB, a mid fielder who can keep the ball, a midfielder who can pass the ball, a decent 10 who knows what to do and when, a striker to play into who has a goals record, size & touch (good luck) and a fox in the box who at minimum has a 1 in 3 goals per game return. We’ve got a better budget but I’m not convinced it’s that good.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 69
jamesgtfc
April 22, 2023, 10:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC

People have different views but I think we need to sign/re-sign 2 keepers, 2 CB’s, 1 x LB, 1 x RB, a mid fielder who can keep the ball, a midfielder who can pass the ball, a decent 10 who knows what to do and when, a striker to play into who has a goals record, size & touch (good luck) and a fox in the box who at minimum has a 1 in 3 goals per game return. We’ve got a better budget but I’m not convinced it’s that good.

I'm not too bothered about what the strike rate of a striker is, Amond was about 1 in 4 but scored 37 in 50 for us. George Lloyd has 19 goals in 156 games but I would be happy with him.

I think Hurst will be ruthless, he has the benefit of being able to execute any plans much sooner than last summer. I'm fully expecting height and strength to be on his shopping list this summer given his comments in recent months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2023, 10:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm not too bothered about what the strike rate of a striker is, .

Completely get your Amond point but surely you can only judge a striker by his goal record?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 69
jamesgtfc
April 22, 2023, 10:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Completely get your Amond point but surely you can only judge a striker by his goal record?

Lloyd has 10 goal involvements (5 goals, 5 assists) for us which is a great return and shows that goals aren't the only thing to judge a striker on. The point I was getting at was that I'm not too concerned about their previous strike rate, it's about what they do in a Grimsby shirt that counts. I think Amond spent a lot of time played out wide for example.

I would also argue that scoring 12 for Hartlepool (Umerah) is probably a better achievement than scoring 21 for second place Northampton (Hoskins). Without looking, Umerah is probably being presented with less chances and therefore more clinical.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 69
ska face
April 22, 2023, 11:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,773
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Heisenberg

Not rated at Barrow, been hit & miss this season. Not a bad thing to want to improve all over the pitch. In 2016/17 we had Danny Andrew & Zak Mills in at LB - both probably better than our current options in that position (at the time, obviously).
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2023, 11:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Lloyd has 10 goal involvements (5 goals, 5 assists) for us which is a great return and shows that goals aren't the only thing to judge a striker on. The point I was getting at was that I'm not too concerned about their previous strike rate, it's about what they do in a Grimsby shirt that counts. I think Amond spent a lot of time played out wide for example.

I would also argue that scoring 12 for Hartlepool (Umerah) is probably a better achievement than scoring 21 for second place Northampton (Hoskins). Without looking, Umerah is probably being presented with less chances and therefore more clinical.

I see what you’re saying, I don’t agree with you in terms of having a good all round game versus goal record when you take into account our current challenges.

Umerah is being talked up, this season he’s not got a great record with assists, pass completion, shots per game and shots on target. We gifted him a goal on GF which he took well but he didn’t do everything right as some on here fiercely asserted that he did. Feels a bit like Dallas in that many people touting him have only really seen him play against us. Umerah may have size but like any player you don’t know if they’re the messiah or not until they get here but you can have a more informed view if they’ve scored goals consistently through their career.

When you look at the hard facts of 12 goals in 39 games (mostly starting) for a side that will be relegated should we not be a bit more ambitious providing we can?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 69
forza ivano
April 22, 2023, 11:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,281
Gold Stars: 266
feels weird to disagree with Tommy but I think Glennon is getting back to his previous levels, as his confidence returns. The Brighton game may be looked back on as a turning point.
Just 1 point on Khouri - he was retained by WHU till he was 16 - he's got summat about him. if you watch him he is able to move the ball much quicker, n he is definitely speedier than Harry. And finally - think we agree that PH is generally a good judge of a player; Khouri has not been released since PH has been here, despite being a bit part player. That says a lot imho

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 69
jamesgtfc
April 22, 2023, 11:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I see what you’re saying, I don’t agree with you in terms of having a good all round game versus goal record when you take into account our current challenges.

Umerah is being talked up, this season he’s not got a great record with assists, pass completion, shots per game and shots on target. We gifted him a goal on GF which he took well but he didn’t do everything right as some on here fiercely asserted that he did. Feels a bit like Dallas in that many people touting him have only really seen him play against us. Umerah may have size but like any player you don’t know if they’re the messiah or not until they get here but you can have a more informed view if they’ve scored goals consistently through their career.

I absolutely agree with you that we need a goalscorer next season. I think Lloyd can be that person and hope we are able to sign him permanently; but I trust Hurst to unearth a rough diamond with what looks to be a poor return when we head to Wikipedia.

Cedwyn Scott at Notts has 15 league goals compared to the 41 Langstaff has scored but his minutes per goal is a very respectable 118 (the same as Andy Cook at Bradford with 26 goals this season).

I haven't looked into the respective stats of Umerah and Hoskins but, often, strikers in struggling teams have much less opportunities than those at the top end of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2023, 11:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I absolutely agree with you that we need a goalscorer next season. I think Lloyd can be that person and hope we are able to sign him permanently; but I trust Hurst to unearth a rough diamond with what looks to be a poor return when we head to Wikipedia.

Cedwyn Scott at Notts has 15 league goals compared to the 41 Langstaff has scored but his minutes per goal is a very respectable 118 (the same as Andy Cook at Bradford with 26 goals this season).

I haven't looked into the respective stats of Umerah and Hoskins but, often, strikers in struggling teams have much less opportunities than those at the top end of the league.

I think they are Umerah’s league stats, I think he’s got a couple in the pizza cup.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 69
Maringer
April 23, 2023, 12:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
feels weird to disagree with Tommy but I think Glennon is getting back to his previous levels, as his confidence returns. The Brighton game may be looked back on as a turning point.
Just 1 point on Khouri - he was retained by WHU till he was 16 - he's got summat about him. if you watch him he is able to move the ball much quicker, n he is definitely speedier than Harry. And finally - think we agree that PH is generally a good judge of a player; Khouri has not been released since PH has been here, despite being a bit part player. That says a lot imho

I don't see Khouri as being any quicker than Clifton (who is only quick-ish himself). In fact, he hasn't looked quick at all in any of the games I've seen him play!

He may be able to move the ball on more quickly than Clifton, but that remains to be seen with more appearances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 69
Norseman
April 23, 2023, 12:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Stew0_0
Seeing that Wrexham and probably Notts county coming up from the national League, both who have quality 30+ a season strikers, it's even more imperative we get our forward line right in the summer. (77 goals in 94 games from Mullin.)

Think we've a solid back 4 contracted for next season, sprinkle some goals and creativity in midfield and the wide areas and focus the majority of our budget on a completely new forward line and we can be competitive.

Today just reaffirmed that the current strikers with the exception of Lloyd shouldn't be here next term and quality needed in key areas to maintain progress. Just hope Hurst and his recruitment guy have some irons in the fire.

Utm

County won't have Langstaff next year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 69
Mappers
April 23, 2023, 6:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Approval: +4,435
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Heisenberg

I have to agree with Tommy

Glennon is extremely slow and can be torched by a simple ball in behind him either resulting in a desperate last ditch challenge or chance .

But we have areas that are weaker so I would be happy with Glennon as long as we add the high quality in the other areas we require.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 69
Davec
April 23, 2023, 6:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 42
I don't quite understand people's comments not just on here and Facebook/twitter, I keep seeing this line that we have a rock solid defence so we don't need to strengthen in that next season, only 7 teams have conceded more than us this season in league games, is that a rock solid defence? And then people seem to contradict themselves about the striking options, they say we need a total overhaul up top and them they talk about retaining 75% of the striking options so how's that an overhaul?

May be an unpopular opinion but I think we need a total revamp in every area, we have to be ruthless, as much as I appreciate the FA cup run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 69
Mappers
April 23, 2023, 7:14am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Davec
I don't quite understand people's comments not just on here and Facebook/twitter, I keep seeing this line that we have a rock solid defence so we don't need to strengthen in that next season, only 7 teams have conceded more than us this season in league games, is that a rock solid defence? And then people seem to contradict themselves about the striking options, they say we need a total overhaul up top and them they talk about retaining 75% of the striking options so how's that an overhaul?

May be an unpopular opinion but I think we need a total revamp in every area, we have to be ruthless, as much as I appreciate the FA cup run.

I know what you mean and i have thought the same on occasion .
But we are more than likely to finish 12-14th which on paper is a decent season for a promoted team .
The question is : would a sprinkling of quality added to what we have propel us to challengers /play off contenders ?

Or is the more extreme approach required, potentially unsettling the great team spirit and good group of people we have ?

We will find out with Hursts summer turnover what his thoughts are .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 69
lukeo
April 23, 2023, 7:31am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
If its possible should we be ruthless and get a whole fresh set in? Yes.
But realistically (without checking who's under contract next season) if we have this same squad and added a decent cb, wide player, cm and striker (maybe even a goalkeeper) then we'd definitely be up in the top 7 area..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 69
aldi_01
April 23, 2023, 7:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be honest, even if we’d recruited well, or better last preseason I don’t think it would’ve mattered, our actual pre season was so short, I’d imagine it was hard to fully embed the principles and then once the season starts focus does shift.

I think everyone at the club needs a rest. Or promotion was a whirlwind and the most mental 2 weeks ever, unique and arguably the most exciting promotion campaign ever (sorry Wrexham, but it’s true) then, a week of celebrating, a week off and back to it.

I do think we’ll see a Rob Jones effect in some players, been ok this year but will be much improved next year. Then, we all know Hurst will add a smattering of rough diamonds and players we’ve never heard of who will improve us. We won’t just Spaff our budget and we know there’ll be a plan which for a change, is actually reassuring compared to the past.

There are big spending teams in the league and at least one who will have zero structure other than to spend. This naturally skews things and then we’ve had a well documented cup win which will see some players changing their arms.

I think we need another keeper, a solid ball playing midfielder, not a kick and run Green type. Obviously we could do with someone a little more clinical up top and I’d imagine at least one more centre half. What I do know is I want players who want to play for GTFC. That buy into what we’re about, that believe in themselves, their team and the club.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 69
Mappers
April 23, 2023, 8:11am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
If its possible should we be ruthless and get a whole fresh set in? Yes.
But realistically (without checking who's under contract next season) if we have this same squad and added a decent cb, wide player, cm and striker (maybe even a goalkeeper) then we'd definitely be up in the top 7 area..

Thats my thinking
Its risk V reward really , we could do complete overhaul it be fantastic or completely flop .
Incremental improvement but of high quality but not particularly high numbers would give us a trade off of continuity yet that improvement that would give us a decent chance of being at the higher end .

League 2 is not that good
I mean this season without dropping silly points we should /would have been a bit higher up , even with this set if they performed at their optimum slightly more consistently we would probably be further up the table .

I think sometimes people miss that it's not just us who are bad/inconsistent, a poor watch at times and miss a lot of chances ; it basically summarises league 2 teams/players   in general .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 69
Mappers
April 23, 2023, 8:13am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
To be honest, even if we’d recruited well, or better last preseason I don’t think it would’ve mattered, our actual pre season was so short, I’d imagine it was hard to fully embed the principles and then once the season starts focus does shift.

I think everyone at the club needs a rest. Or promotion was a whirlwind and the most mental 2 weeks ever, unique and arguably the most exciting promotion campaign ever (sorry Wrexham, but it’s true) then, a week of celebrating, a week off and back to it.

I do think we’ll see a Rob Jones effect in some players, been ok this year but will be much improved next year. Then, we all know Hurst will add a smattering of rough diamonds and players we’ve never heard of who will improve us. We won’t just Spaff our budget and we know there’ll be a plan which for a change, is actually reassuring compared to the past.

There are big spending teams in the league and at least one who will have zero structure other than to spend. This naturally skews things and then we’ve had a well documented cup win which will see some players changing their arms.

I think we need another keeper, a solid ball playing midfielder, not a kick and run Green type. Obviously we could do with someone a little more clinical up top and I’d imagine at least one more centre half. What I do know is I want players who want to play for GTFC. That buy into what we’re about, that believe in themselves, their team and the club.

In that interview Hurst already seemed dejected about 'the ones up top' I wondered whether we have had some unofficial knock backs already ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 69
jimgtfc
April 23, 2023, 8:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,101
Gold Stars: 45
I’m amazed some don’t rate Glennon. Yeah he’s not the finished article yet but at only 23, and with one of the most experienced left backs in football league history as his manager, I think he’s got huge potential. He changed the game when he came on at home to Barrow the other week and he’s the most effective crosser of the ball at the club, 5 assists from 28 appearances, with our dead beat strike force back that up.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 69
cannylad65
April 23, 2023, 8:25am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 7
I worry that next season we will be in a relegation battle if we don't get better players in.
Signing players who can pass a ball 10 yards to their own players would be a good start.
The make up of the squad this season is totally unbalanced.
Far too many midfielders, it seems like, pick any three, and hope for the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 69
Mappers
April 23, 2023, 8:37am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc
I’m amazed some don’t rate Glennon. Yeah he’s not the finished article yet but at only 23, and with one of the most experienced left backs in football league history as his manager, I think he’s got huge potential. He changed the game when he came on at home to Barrow the other week and he’s the most effective crosser of the ball at the club, 5 assists from 28 appearances, with our dead beat strike force back that up.

I do actually rate Glennon tbf from a dead ball he is very good but if you play him it takes away the need for Hunt - as that was a big part of his game when he had his first good spell for us .

The problem with Glennon and Morris (both who i actually rate so I am not slagging them off)
Is that whenever there is a quick transition from attack to having to defend and they are caught ahead of the ball they are dead so you are effectively playing without 2 players , their attempts to get back are painful to watch (from the lower ) and a quick ball in behind or between the lines or in behind the space Glennon has left leaves the opposition with a decent chance .

So you are left with morris just sitting which is fine IF we had players who had some flair in the middle next to him , which would make him look a much better player i suspect ,but green does a similiar job .

And then Clifton used to protect Glennon in quite a lot of games and doing a good job , if we keep Glennon i would actually just use Clifton LM consistently so they could build that understanding and he just slots in on the times Glennon does go forward so it negates those channel balls but if we play an actual wide player without too much defensive duties i think Glennon would need to be replaced .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 69
lew chaterleys lover
April 23, 2023, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Davec

The trouble with a major revamp is that you swap one set of players for another and don't get the quality you need.

You can if you throw unlimited money at it, but we are doing the opposite of that and trying to get as much value for money from an improved but not top budget.

Personally I hope Hurst keeps a good chunk of the squad and uses what money he has on real quality for a few players.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 69
Poojah
April 23, 2023, 9:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,730
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think they are Umerah’s league stats, I think he’s got a couple in the pizza cup.

Umerah has got 15 in 46 appearances in all competitions (12 league + 3 FA Cup). That’s an excellent record in a relegated team - you’d have to think that he’s capable of scoring 20+ in a team pushing at the right end of the table.

I’d have him here in a heartbeat, assuming sensible financials.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 23, 2023, 9:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Umerah has got 15 in 46 appearances in all competitions (12 league + 3 FA Cup). That’s an excellent record in a relegated team - you’d have to think that he’s capable of scoring 20+ in a team pushing at the right end of the table.

1 in 3 is decent, you would suspect he’d be courting interest.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 69
moosey_club
April 23, 2023, 10:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
If Hurst is being "ruthless" then I think Hunt may be in trouble. He seems to have been his midfield fall guy this year....would seem strange as he is on a longer term contract but as Hurst clearly doesn't trust him to play regularly then maybe...
Would be building something around him personally but hey.

Also regards our defensive records then a big issue is there have been so many variations in players,  formation  then who actually knows what our best line up is ?  Defensive units need stability, need to know each others games, strengths and weaknesses you perform as a unit.
Salford away first half was a great example of new formation,  players being completely confused and as a result wide open, should have been 3 or 4 down by half time.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 69
toontown
April 23, 2023, 1:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from moosey_club
If Hurst is being "ruthless" then I think Hunt may be in trouble. He seems to have been his midfield fall guy this year....would seem strange as he is on a longer term contract but as Hurst clearly doesn't trust him to play regularly then maybe...
Would be building something around him personally but hey.

Also regards our defensive records then a big issue is there have been so many variations in players,  formation  then who actually knows what our best line up is ?  Defensive units need stability, need to know each others games, strengths and weaknesses you perform as a unit.
Salford away first half was a great example of new formation,  players being completely confused and as a result wide open, should have been 3 or 4 down by half time.

I suspect the "if certain players don't learn their lesson and keep making the same mistakes then they won't be playing here and if they keep doing it they will find themselves out the game" after the carlisle game was aimed at hunt. Multiple examples of giving the ball away in very dangerous areas, something he was a bit prone to even when on form. He certainly has some quality but I think next season is massive for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 69
toontown
April 23, 2023, 1:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Poojah

The sensible financials are likely to be a problem in today's market for forwards.
Depends on your definition of sensible though I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 69
lew chaterleys lover
April 23, 2023, 1:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

A thoughtful post but I tend to disagree with the final bit.

I agree that the club should have a set of values that underpin our ethos, but to expect players brought in to buy into it seems a bit of a stretch.

It is going to hard enough to attract players without looking for additional hurdles for them to jump over.

I think Hurst said last week something about wanting the right characters,  but he could be seriously limiting his options.

Nobody wants to employ a bad 'un but it's the best footballers you want and it's often those with a bit of character that produce on the field. None of the players are going to be here long, are they?

Very few players will "want" to play for Grimsby Town per se, but might consider it if the money is right and they like the clubs ambition and a whole host of other things.

Does anybody know if this Hartlepool striker is a good character? Do we care assuming he is not a completely unreliable chancer?
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 69
Limerick Mariner
April 23, 2023, 1:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,735
Gold Stars: 138
I'd be concerned about the fan expectations for next season - "where's the FA Cup money gone blah blah blah". There is one, likely two, big spenders coming up, and max 1 going up the play-offs. Looking at the likely relegated clubs they probably won't have big budgets but the likes of Gillingham and Colchester have had big injections of cash. I expect we'll have a top half budget but whilst the current top 3 show what can be done with a typical League 2 budget, they are all centrally located in the SE and South Mids with a bigger pool of players draw from. If we can continue with incremental progression and be fringe play-offs that would be a good outcome. The key thing is stability whilst the clubs infrastructure improvements kick in to enable us to attract better players to the area. The fans will need to be patient.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 69
Maringer
April 23, 2023, 2:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I'm not sure that Northampton have a 'typical' League Two budget this season. They've spent big and I seem to recall the rumours were claiming they trebled the offer we made to Fox which is one of the reasons he moved on!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 69
Mappers
April 23, 2023, 2:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I'm not sure that Northampton have a 'typical' League Two budget this season. They've spent big and I seem to recall the rumours were claiming they trebled the offer we made to Fox which is one of the reasons he moved on!

I always wonder how Northampton keep doing it ,they get modest crowds ,but always splash the cash .

Have they got big investors or are they another one that are building up big debts and will eventually go south ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 69
smokey111
April 23, 2023, 2:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3,360
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Maringer

Can't believe it. Why would they? Say Town offered a decent 2.5k per week, why would they offer 7.5k? Foolish to see the least. Especially when 3.5k would do it.

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That’s how I see football, that’s how I see life.” Bill Shankly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 69
Limerick Mariner
April 23, 2023, 2:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

I hadn't noticed them as particularly big spenders and thought Fox's decision was at least partly geographic. Maybe wrong, they're not in the category of Stockport, Bradford and Salford though are they?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 69
MuddyWaters
April 23, 2023, 2:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from toontown

I suspect the "if certain players don't learn their lesson and keep making the same mistakes then they won't be playing here and if they keep doing it they will find themselves out the game" after the carlisle game was aimed at hunt. Multiple examples of giving the ball away in very dangerous areas, something he was a bit prone to even when on form. He certainly has some quality but I think next season is massive for him.

Agree with your assessment. I understand Hurst wanting to reduce the goals we concede but reducing our ability to create is also detrimental. I think Hunt would benefit from playing alongside team mates who can also pass.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 69
paulgtfc
April 23, 2023, 3:09pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Maringer

The man in the ticket office at Northampton said no way was Fox on the money being touted on the Fishy.  That would seem plausible given their gates and lack of obvious financial backing elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 69
Jackie Lewis
April 23, 2023, 3:31pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +75
Wonder if the coaching set up needs looking at over the summer. Hurst, Doig, Davies and Coke all have a defensive mind set so when PH complains we’re not taking out chances I wonder what’s happening on the training ground to rectify it apart from shooting practice.
I see Kevin Philips has been let go by South Shields so could we have a finisher like him to work with the strikers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 69
Northbank Mariner
April 23, 2023, 3:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Jackie Lewis
Wonder if the coaching set up needs looking at over the summer. Hurst, Doig, Davies and Coke all have a defensive mind set so when PH complains we’re not taking out chances I wonder what’s happening on the training ground to rectify it apart from shooting practice.
I see Kevin Philips has been let go by South Shields so could we have a finisher like him to work with the strikers

Same drum I've beaten for months...we need an attack minding coach to balance the back room staff, how are attackers meant to improve without the correct coaching, we git Croudson in to sort out the keepers, maybe an attacking(striker) coach may just help sort the top end of the pitch out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 69
DB
April 23, 2023, 3:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.43
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,050
Gold Stars: 391
Having just watched the post-match by Hurst he seemed totally p!ssed off. He appears to be fed up telling unnamed players what to do.

From his tone it looks as if he's going to have clear out, so we'll have to wait and see.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 23, 2023, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I think there will be a lot of posters across social media who are going to be disappointed this close season and start getting really vocal if we don't sign the players that will no doubt be touted as the prospect that will fix all of our issues across whatever area of the pitch.

I think we just need to trust "the organisation" as Jason Stockwood calls it, PH I guess will have the best budget he's ever had at GTFC but wage demands, and any paid fees will no doubt increase. We have an experienced Head of Recruitment who you'd assume has been working full time on a recruitment campaign and I'd be amazed if PH hadn't told him about who he wanted as his core targets as well as a clear expectation on identifying new talent.  

The lads that will remain look like a good group and we know PH will continue to create a decent culture, the support staff is a bit like what you'd see at a decent set up  Cheapside isn't the best but looks fit for purpose for now and we've heard a bit about how we'd like to support players with a life outside the game etc..

I still don't think we'll see a couple of players coming in on what would have been for us considered big money before now, but I do think that we will see a number of players coming in on better money than what we've paid and I would imagine a re-structured bonus scheme for all of the squad. There will be a few unknown's and though it's not popular with some he'll lean on the loan market too.

Personally I'm going to keep an open mind and see what happens as I am 100% sure PH won't sign anyone on the basis of how good the Twitter community say they are or the opinion of any other social media platform.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 69
DB
April 23, 2023, 4:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.43
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,050
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I think there will be a lot of posters across social media who are going to be disappointed this close season and start getting really vocal if we don't sign the players that will no doubt be touted as the prospect that will fix all of our issues across whatever area of the pitch.

I think we just need to trust "the organisation" as Jason Stockwood calls it, PH I guess will have the best budget he's ever had at GTFC but wage demands, and any paid fees will no doubt increase. We have an experienced Head of Recruitment who you'd assume has been working full time on a recruitment campaign and I'd be amazed if PH hadn't told him about who he wanted as his core targets as well as a clear expectation on identifying new talent.  

The lads that will remain look like a good group and we know PH will continue to create a decent culture, the support staff is a bit like what you'd see at a decent set up  Cheapside isn't the best but looks fit for purpose for now and we've heard a bit about how we'd like to support players with a life outside the game etc..

I still don't think we'll see a couple of players coming in on what would have been for us considered big money before now, but I do think that we will see a number of players coming in on better money than what we've paid and I would imagine a re-structured bonus scheme for all of the squad. There will be a few unknown's and though it's not popular with some he'll lean on the loan market too.

Personally I'm going to keep an open mind and see what happens as I am 100% sure PH won't sign anyone on the basis of how good the Twitter community say they are or the opinion of any other social media platform.

A very good post. I might be optimistic but to me, the future looks good.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 69
RonMariner
April 23, 2023, 4:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Quoted from paulgtfc

The man in the ticket office at Northampton said no way was Fox on the money being touted on the Fishy.  That would seem plausible given their gates and lack of obvious financial backing elsewhere.

Correct. He said most of the squad were on £2.5k or less, with one exception, not Fox, who was on a bit more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 69
Poojah
April 23, 2023, 4:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,730
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from toontown

The sensible financials are likely to be a problem in today's market for forwards.
Depends on your definition of sensible though I suppose.

Well, in a world of extremes where at one end you’ve got Scunny’s high-risk, gung-ho, oblivion-inducing spendfest and at the other you’ve got Fentynomics - sensible to the point of recklessness, austerely risk averse, balance the books at all costs, rarely speculate, rarely accumulate, I’d say we’re somewhere close to the halfway line.

Honestly, I’m fairly comfortable with that. Two years in, it’s done us fairly well on reflection. We know that next season’s budget will be bigger than this seasons, and that should be sufficient to see us improve incrementally in terms of quality throughout the squad. I just think in certain areas where we’ve struggled in recent times, particularly up top, we may need to push the boat a little further than we have this season.

I think we’re very close to being a side that can challenge in League Two. The difference may simply be a case of evolving the wage structure where crucial skill sets are concerned.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 69
moosey_club
April 23, 2023, 4:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Pffft....this is the fishy Herts...come on....toe the line and make a bold barnpot statement that you can later U turn on if needed.
For example.....I will go with...
If Hursts first signing isn't a proven goalscorer I won't be renewing my season ticket as its clear he is as stubborn as ever and will be playing it safe again.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 69
arryarryarry
April 23, 2023, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from DB
Having just watched the post-match by Hurst he seemed totally p!ssed off. He appears to be fed up telling unnamed players what to do.

From his tone it looks as if he's going to have clear out, so we'll have to wait and see.

He keeps picking the buggers.

For me he spends too much time tinkering with team selections, formations and tactics and worrying about the opposition rather than letting them worry about us.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 69
HerveJosse
April 23, 2023, 5:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Apparently he was very poor yesterday when Hartlepool needed him to step up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 69
TAGG
April 23, 2023, 6:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Davec

We defiantly need a new keeper.
Two younger, quicker CBs if we don't have Smith.
A left back and right back
Ball playing midfielder if Hunts not in Hursts plans and a fukin big bloke up front.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 69
HerveJosse
April 23, 2023, 6:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Jackie Lewis

Good observation. I wonder who does coach the forwards on forward play. Clearly they get a lot of instruction on tracking back .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 69
April 23, 2023, 9:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I'm sorry, have I missed something here?  Has a retained list already been put out?
Reply: 62 - 69
MuddyWaters
April 23, 2023, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think the tone of the post match interview and the ongoing lack of quality in the final third will mean that there will be less continuity than we imagined.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 69
wekeepdreaming
April 23, 2023, 10:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -150
Gold Stars: 4
Glennon has no pace , great left foot but to slow . He get outpaced against a fast winger or wingback and teams coming to BP exploit that . He’s not good enough for league 2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 23, 2023, 11:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

I'm sorry, have I missed something here?  Has a retained list already been put out?

No, but overall they’re a good group so some departures won’t change that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 23, 2023, 11:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think the tone of the post match interview and the ongoing lack of quality in the final third will mean that there will be less continuity than we imagined.

Yeah agree, I posted similar on another message, I think a few have fallen short.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 69
lukeo
April 24, 2023, 6:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from TAGG

We defiantly need a new keeper.
Two younger, quicker CBs if we don't have Smith.
A left back and right back
Ball playing midfielder if Hunts not in Hursts plans and a fukin big bloke up front.

It's all about opinions but I disagree with a couple. I think we're covered at full back, remember these guys have had to play as wing backs most the season which I doubt they've played much since now. Glennon/Amos I personally think could be good enough for a top half league 2 side, same as Efete (maybe we need someone to challenge efete if emmanuel isn't signed).
Also with the striker situation, I'm not into this 'we need a big bloke' if you play football properly you can pass to feet , slip it through the defence or hit the channels without having to hoof it to some massive bloke who can't run but may hold it up from time to time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 69
rancido
April 24, 2023, 7:00am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,652
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Jackie Lewis

Although there is merit in this about a ' defensive minded bias' in the coaching then you also wonder why our defense hasn't been tighter? Of course, our defense has been changed both in formation and personnel that maybe players haven't been able to develop better understandings between each other. It is still a concern, though,  that we have leaked a lot of 'silly' goals that have cost us points.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 69
Limerick Mariner
April 24, 2023, 11:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Anyone seen Cropper-Smith's goal for Barnet on Saturday? We need that...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 69
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PH post match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.