7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
April 22, 2023, 8:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,281
Gold Stars: 266
interesting interview.As usual, excellent dispassionate summing up of the game.
Couple of points - think today has crystallised a few thoughts ; a few players will be shown the door or will become bit part players.
He knows we need a goal scorer and I think he will be ruthless with his incomings and outgoings.
Suspect Khouri is quite an important part of his plans for next season (especially if Harry departs) . From what I've seen he's a  ready made replacement, but imho I think he might be quicker all round and technically more capable. But a midfield of right footed hard working, hard tackling clifton (should he stay) , left footed hard working,hard tackling Khouri plus a play maker and a wide man (Khan?) looks an enticing prospect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
April 22, 2023, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
I do worry that Khouri is being bigged up way too much by many on the forum. He's done OK in a few games this season, but the idea he's suddenly going to become the lynchpin of our midfield seems fanciful to me at the moment.

He does look like a central midfielder to me in the way that Clifton hasn't always appeared to and Hurst appears to think he has a future with us so let's see how he gets on. To be honest, the idea of Clifton and Khouri anchoring the midfield worries me at present. One player, Clifton, who has been very good for us but mostly in wide positions, and another inexperienced player with just a handful of appearances over the past couple of seasons? In a midfield 3, possibly, but I think we would be underpowered with just those two alongside each other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 69
Stew0_0
April 22, 2023, 8:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
Seeing that Wrexham and probably Notts county coming up from the national League, both who have quality 30+ a season strikers, it's even more imperative we get our forward line right in the summer. (77 goals in 94 games from Mullin.)

Think we've a solid back 4 contracted for next season, sprinkle some goals and creativity in midfield and the wide areas and focus the majority of our budget on a completely new forward line and we can be competitive.

Today just reaffirmed that the current strikers with the exception of Lloyd shouldn't be here next term and quality needed in key areas to maintain progress. Just hope Hurst and his recruitment guy have some irons in the fire.

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 69
Tommy
April 22, 2023, 8:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
I like the look of Khouri but wonder whether he might be worth trying at left back for a run of games. As I don't think Amos or Glennon are good enough to take us further.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 69
acko338
April 22, 2023, 9:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Targets will already be in the minds of all.of the back room staff, we all hope !!

As brilliant as promotion was, and much needed, this is by far a harder, more physical Division, and several teams have shown this side how to play to succeed.

The Cup run - magnificent, but we now see how drained ALL of the team now are, with all of the extra quick turn round games, not forgetting the distances travelled.

So, some to go, some to stay, care with new signings needed, especially up front to get the blend required.

The fans obviously want playing success in the league next season, Town need bodies in the stands to keep financing progress, so home games need to change to bring more attacking formations to draw more people to come to Blundell Park consistently.

Bore draws and lack lustre performances have disappointed this season.

In times of austerity, Town need to give value for hard earned money to keep 6,000 through the gates.

Very good luck for a sustainable, economically successful, and footballing fruitful 2023 / 4 season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 69
HerveJosse
April 22, 2023, 9:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Khouri looks more like a holding midfield player to me sitting in front of the back four/ five rather then a replacement for Clifton . Stll some way off a regular starter but eventually an upgrade on Green.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 69
aldi_01
April 22, 2023, 9:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think Khouri will be a good player for town but he does need time.

Hurst will know who’s being offered a deal and he’ll know where our key areas are. Interesting isn’t it, football and the opinions we all have. I don’t dislike Green or Maher but for me they take us no further than tenth. They have a part to play I’m sure but I just don’t think they’re players that can elevate us to the next level.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 69
HertsGTFC
April 22, 2023, 9:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Khouri will feature more next season, instead of Clifton? I doubt it as early glimpses suggest he’s different to Harry and unless we get an offer we can’t refuse I don’t see Harry leaving in this close season.

Clearly PH us knackered, he admitted it mid week and needs a break like many others in the footballing side of the club.

Sometimes you listen for what you want to hear but I’m getting a vibe that PH thought some players would have kicked on a bit and this would mean less surgery in the summer.

I don’t think it’s just the players that are out of contract that are his concern I think he may be looking to tell a couple that they won’t be guaranteed game time next season hence the comment about stretching the budget.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 69
MuddyWaters
April 22, 2023, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,284
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aldi_01
I think Khouri will be a good player for town but he does need time.

Hurst will know who’s being offered a deal and he’ll know where our key areas are. Interesting isn’t it, football and the opinions we all have. I don’t dislike Green or Maher but for me they take us no further than tenth. They have a part to play I’m sure but I just don’t think they’re players that can elevate us to the next level.

I agree. I don’t see Holohan as a starter in a playoff challenging team either.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 69
Mariner93er
April 22, 2023, 9:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
From Hurst's interview today, I think he's going to be quite ruthless and there may be some surprises. Realistically, we need to improve in every area of the pitch if we're to compete at the top end of the table.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 69
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PH post match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.