7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
April 2, 2023, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Just read a report in the Bradford local paper, suggesting Town fans were making vile chants at Andy Cook?
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
ginnywings
April 2, 2023, 4:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
I find it funny that people always have to apportion blame when we lose. We didn't make the right substitutions early enough, or PH was guilty of trying to hang on to what we had in the second half, which seems to be a recurring theme.

Maybe, just maybe, Bradford are a better team who got their act together at half time and pinned us back in our own half?

There's no shame in losing to a better side on their own patch, and we did well to make such a game of it, despite the fatigue and the fact we were missing half of our regular defence. Cook didn't get a sniff at BP when we had Waterfall and Efete in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
The Caterham Mariner
April 2, 2023, 4:43pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Post of the week for me šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Post of the week ..Yes me too šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Does Sue  have a website / OnlyFans ??
UTM
The Day I Start taking Footie to Seriously is the Day I hang up my Town Scarf ..UTM.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUTĀ Ā you can't take the Grimsby!Ā Ā Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
DB
April 2, 2023, 5:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from ginnywings
I find it funny that people always have to apportion blame when we lose. We didn't make the right substitutions early enough, or PH was guilty of trying to hang on to what we had in the second half, which seems to be a recurring theme.

Maybe, just maybe, Bradford are a better team who got their act together at half time and pinned us back in our own half?

There's no shame in losing to a better side on their own patch, and we did well to make such a game of it, despite the fatigue and the fact we were missing half of our regular defence. Cook didn't get a sniff at BP when we had Waterfall and Efete in the team.

I'm not certain but I believe he was subbed.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
ginnywings
April 2, 2023, 6:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from DB

I'm not certain but I believe he was subbed.

Eh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
rancido
April 2, 2023, 6:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree completely, but with Max it feels a bit like Macca in that there is no experienced keeper pushing for the shirt so heā€™s pretty much guaranteed to be selected. At this level heā€™s a decent keeper, personally Iā€™d prefer it if he wasnā€™t aspiring to be a keeper sweeper but thatā€™s the modern way I guess.

Incidentally once weā€™re ā€œfinallyā€ mathematically safe Iā€™d like to see Ollie Battersby and Evan Khouri given a couple of starts just to give them a little bit of experience.

Crocombe has shown a slip in form but some seem to forget that Macca was never a top half League 2 keeper. Max , with the right coaching and confidence, is quite capable of being a lower half League 1 keeper, something Macca could never achieve. It's all down to opinions, obviously, but that is mine.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
DB
April 2, 2023, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from ginnywings

Eh?

Cook was subbed in the 83 min of the home game against Bradford.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
Heisenberg
April 2, 2023, 6:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree completely, but with Max it feels a bit like Macca in that there is no experienced keeper pushing for the shirt so heā€™s pretty much guaranteed to be selected. At this level heā€™s a decent keeper, personally Iā€™d prefer it if he wasnā€™t aspiring to be a keeper sweeper but thatā€™s the modern way I guess.

Incidentally once weā€™re ā€œfinallyā€ mathematically safe Iā€™d like to see Ollie Battersby and Evan Khouri given a couple of starts just to give them a little bit of experience.

Completely agree about Battersby and Khouri, they deserve their chance. If they prove themselves thatā€™s two less signings Hurst needs to make in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
marinerjase
April 2, 2023, 6:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,656
Gold Stars: 147
Well I feel after a slow start we got on top in first half with Green dominating midfield battle. For whatever reason came out second half intent on game management/slowing game down from the off. Negative mindset. Bradford got on top, you could sense what was going to happen, and they may indeed be better and deserved result - but part of me thinks we brought it on ourselves.

ā€˜I just f*cking threw myself at itā€™

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
Son of Cod
April 2, 2023, 7:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from arryarryarry
Just read a report in the Bradford local paper, suggesting Town fans were making vile chants at Andy Cook?

Fair enough comment. Getting called a sex offender when you're not isn't really on. Same has been done to Ryan Reynolds and Harry Pell in the last year. Are we just making things up about people we don't like now?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.