April 2, 2023, 12:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Brain dump for next season, when Bratford don’t go up and we wreak revenge:

- Don’t walk past the Tesco. You can’t cut up

- Bratford stinks of exhaust fumes, brake fluid and burnt out clutch.

- Police horsefücker LB 3019 (quote this ref when complaining about the animal farm cünt). Trots up to the (innocent) Town fans queuing to get into the East Stand. Shouts at Town fans for almost getting trampled by his equine lover. “Howay, if yee didn’t move for mee big fickin filly, yer fückin doyles, I’ll trample thee to Peterlee (he was from Co Durham, sniffing out the overtime)”. LB 3019 starts laughing like a hi-vis hyena.

- Sat in the Bratford stand, Sue (62), from Frizinghall, asks me to move because someone else normally sits in my seat. But I’ve bought that seat and it’s next to my mates? I prove it by showing her my ticket on the phone. Sue tuts at such technological witchcraft.

-  An enemy created.

- The next 15 mins, pre kick off, are mostly spent by Sue pointing at me, huffing like a stream train and telling everyone on the rows below how miserable and selfish the youth of today are (I’m 40 and old enough to be Sue’s toyboy).

- Respectful clapping for Prof Sharpe. I clap. Sue
claps. I clap hard. Sue claps harder. I look mournful. Sue looks scornful.

- Six minutes of sterile Town dominance. Sloppy defending. Gilliead through Emmanuel and Crocombe like a Karachi curry.

- Sue suspicious.

- Town on the ropes. Smith getting closed down like a Bratford high street shop. Is Smith actually awake?

- Taylor into space. Clifton charging in like an eager haddock. Tumbles. Penalty. Yellow. Holohan - pray to the Saint of Mary. 1-1

- Subtle fist clench. Screams of delight from my fellow Town fan behind me. Sly wink to the Town fans across the tarp divide.

- The wink - in hindsight this adroit act of kinship towards my fellow Fishies may have been misconstrued as a forward gesture of homo-eroticism on my part. Certainly, my frothy-mouthed, Grimsby brethren were not impressed by the wink.

- Enemies to the left of me. Enemies to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with Sue

- Sue spins in her seat. Part Exorcist, part Jack Lester. ‘Geerrrrr ahead and t’clap if thou wantest duh. God giveth life, God giveth it awayyy, not yuhhh. I fink yer are the devil ifthself’

- Sue has the radge alright.

- I pretend I’m French. It doesn’t work. I pretend I’m German. It doesn’t work. I show her a photo of my Bradford Council tax bill.

- Sue’s now confused. Conflicted. She’s still trying to understand what I am - who I am - when Smith bundles home Town’s second.

- The Andy Cook song starts up from the Town fans. Sue moans that, “t’its dissgusssting. They be kids around”. Exactly Sue, there are kids around. That’s why we are warning them about him.  

- Half-time. Town 2-1 up. The cold. I didn’t feel it before. Has Sue drugged me? I can’t feel my fingers - it’s April.

- I accidentally trap Sue’s beige coat in my seat. She looks for a steward.

- I look at McAtee

-  If possession is nine tenths of the law, McAtee would be arrested. As McAtee thinks about this…and sharing a flat for the next 6 months with Bim Pepple in some sort of shït ITV sitcom…he takes a slightly crude block to the visage by Stubbs.

- McAtee is now the angriest man in the ground, on the assumption that Sue identifies as a woman.

- Glennon and the linesman flirt over some odd throw-in calls in our favour. Glennon has a fine thatch - does he condition?

“Bratford have only got one ball. The other is owned by Stuart McCall”…

- McAtee, still in a funk, uses Glennon by not using him, and passes infield to a shirt-split Smallwood. Then blames Glennon for his own inadequacies. Bratford almost equalise.

- Momentum shifts like a Waterfall crossfield pass.

- Cook starts bullying Smith again.

- 2-2

- McAtee has now gone 20 mins without finding a teammate, holding up the ball or anything. But it’s Lloyd’s fault according to McAtee.

- Sue’s now getting flirty.  She can tell I’m nervous.

- Cook. 3-2! Instead of celebrating with his teammates, Smallwood repeatedly cups his ears to the Town fans like a nonce in a nonce-off.

- Whistle goes. Sue and I swap numbers and at least one bodily fluid

UTM

Post of the week for me 👏👏👏

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
RichMariner
April 2, 2023, 1:33am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,136
Gold Stars: 209
We'd played three games since Bradford last played.

That second half was very poor, felt it naive to come out and sit on a 2-1 lead that we'd scraped in the first half. Wrong message from the off, couldn't then get going once they'd equalised BUT our recent schedule and heavy March considered, it was understandable that we looked shot.

Bradford hit a lot of early crosses and diagonal balls into our box, which Smith and Maher struggled to read. Thought our full backs struggled and didn't know whether to close down or sit back.

Smith's goal actually looks like an own goal off their no. 5?

We really missed Waterfall. The data analyst in the club will know this but Cook is the striker who wins most aerial duels in L2. I think I read somewhere that Waterfall is the defender who wins most aerial duels in L2.

I'm all for seeing front men track back and defend but pool George Lloyd seemed to spend a lot of time in the right back position.

It's not all doom and gloom — we competed and forced Bradford to panic a bit, until they equalised. We looked good for 20 minutes, just not at it for the other 70. Think we had one solitary shot in the second half.

Got a bit of a break now until Hartlepool on Friday (who got a morale-boosting late win v Swindon). They'll be up for the fight, especially when they see we've only won four at home all season.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
GYinScuntland
April 2, 2023, 1:37am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Brain dump for next season, when Bratford don’t go up and we wreak revenge:

- Don’t walk past the Tesco. You can’t cut up

- Bratford stinks of exhaust fumes, brake fluid and burnt out clutch.

- Police horsefücker LB 3019 (quote this ref when complaining about the animal farm cünt). Trots up to the (innocent) Town fans queuing to get into the East Stand. Shouts at Town fans for almost getting trampled by his equine lover. “Howay, if yee didn’t move for mee big fickin filly, yer fückin doyles, I’ll trample thee to Peterlee (he was from Co Durham, sniffing out the overtime)”. LB 3019 starts laughing like a hi-vis hyena.

- Sat in the Bratford stand, Sue (62), from Frizinghall, asks me to move because someone else normally sits in my seat. But I’ve bought that seat and it’s next to my mates? I prove it by showing her my ticket on the phone. Sue tuts at such technological witchcraft.

-  An enemy created.

- The next 15 mins, pre kick off, are mostly spent by Sue pointing at me, huffing like a stream train and telling everyone on the rows below how miserable and selfish the youth of today are (I’m 40 and old enough to be Sue’s toyboy).

- Respectful clapping for Prof Sharpe. I clap. Sue
claps. I clap hard. Sue claps harder. I look mournful. Sue looks scornful.

- Six minutes of sterile Town dominance. Sloppy defending. Gilliead through Emmanuel and Crocombe like a Karachi curry.

- Sue suspicious.

- Town on the ropes. Smith getting closed down like a Bratford high street shop. Is Smith actually awake?

- Taylor into space. Clifton charging in like an eager haddock. Tumbles. Penalty. Yellow. Holohan - pray to the Saint of Mary. 1-1

- Subtle fist clench. Screams of delight from my fellow Town fan behind me. Sly wink to the Town fans across the tarp divide.

- The wink - in hindsight this adroit act of kinship towards my fellow Fishies may have been misconstrued as a forward gesture of homo-eroticism on my part. Certainly, my frothy-mouthed, Grimsby brethren were not impressed by the wink.

- Enemies to the left of me. Enemies to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with Sue

- Sue spins in her seat. Part Exorcist, part Jack Lester. ‘Geerrrrr ahead and t’clap if thou wantest duh. God giveth life, God giveth it awayyy, not yuhhh. I fink yer are the devil ifthself’

- Sue has the radge alright.

- I pretend I’m French. It doesn’t work. I pretend I’m German. It doesn’t work. I show her a photo of my Bradford Council tax bill.

- Sue’s now confused. Conflicted. She’s still trying to understand what I am - who I am - when Smith bundles home Town’s second.

- The Andy Cook song starts up from the Town fans. Sue moans that, “t’its dissgusssting. They be kids around”. Exactly Sue, there are kids around. That’s why we are warning them about him.  

- Half-time. Town 2-1 up. The cold. I didn’t feel it before. Has Sue drugged me? I can’t feel my fingers - it’s April.

- I accidentally trap Sue’s beige coat in my seat. She looks for a steward.

- I look at McAtee

-  If possession is nine tenths of the law, McAtee would be arrested. As McAtee thinks about this…and sharing a flat for the next 6 months with Bim Pepple in some sort of shït ITV sitcom…he takes a slightly crude block to the visage by Stubbs.

- McAtee is now the angriest man in the ground, on the assumption that Sue identifies as a woman.

- Glennon and the linesman flirt over some odd throw-in calls in our favour. Glennon has a fine thatch - does he condition?

“Bratford have only got one ball. The other is owned by Stuart McCall”…

- McAtee, still in a funk, uses Glennon by not using him, and passes infield to a shirt-split Smallwood. Then blames Glennon for his own inadequacies. Bratford almost equalise.

- Momentum shifts like a Waterfall crossfield pass.

- Cook starts bullying Smith again.

- 2-2

- McAtee has now gone 20 mins without finding a teammate, holding up the ball or anything. But it’s Lloyd’s fault according to McAtee.

- Sue’s now getting flirty.  She can tell I’m nervous.

- Cook. 3-2! Instead of celebrating with his teammates, Smallwood repeatedly cups his ears to the Town fans like a nonce in a nonce-off.

- Whistle goes. Sue and I swap numbers and at least one bodily fluid

UTM

Has Sue got a sister?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
HerveJosse
April 2, 2023, 8:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Has Sue got a sister?

Rita
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
moosey_club
April 2, 2023, 9:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HerveJosse

Rita

😂

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
The Caterham Mariner
April 2, 2023, 9:10am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Spurn boy

It’s been a long season for all the players following on from a successful play off , I think today was the 51st game that Crocombe has played this season and some of the other players have played more games than they would have expected to play so although we all feel a bit peeved about today I think we have had a remarkable season and everyone is ready for a well earned break.

Yes indeed all due a good break  and to shake off the famous "Crocombe Cramp" ready for next season .....UTM.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
LondonMariner43
April 2, 2023, 9:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,957
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from TAGG

Definitely need a mew keeper next season.

One of the most stupid posts I’ve read all season

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
The Caterham Mariner
April 2, 2023, 9:34am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Has Sue got a sister?

Yes did'nt she go to "The Bags Ball" at The Wintergardens...

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
forza ivano
April 2, 2023, 10:00am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,209
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from TAGG

Definitely need a mew keeper next season.

Hes played 80 odd games without a proper break  hes got to be mentally knackered, that's why the mistakes are happening.
I just wish people would think about how much football, and how much travelling these players have done. Clifton, efete, waterfall,smith, crocombe and holohan all need a rest. I think between them they've played 400-450 games  in the last 18 months.!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2023, 10:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from forza ivano

Hes played 80 odd games without a proper break  hes got to be mentally knackered, that's why the mistakes are happening.
I just wish people would think about how much football, and how much travelling these players have done. Clifton, efete, waterfall,smith, crocombe and holohan all need a rest. I think between them they've played 400-450 games  in the last 18 months.!!

Agree completely, but with Max it feels a bit like Macca in that there is no experienced keeper pushing for the shirt so he’s pretty much guaranteed to be selected. At this level he’s a decent keeper, personally I’d prefer it if he wasn’t aspiring to be a keeper sweeper but that’s the modern way I guess.

Incidentally once we’re “finally” mathematically safe I’d like to see Ollie Battersby and Evan Khouri given a couple of starts just to give them a little bit of experience.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.