pontoonlew
April 1, 2023, 4:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
Nice 15 min journey home.

Entertaining game that we threw away with complete anti-football in the second and ended up with exactly what we deserved.

Taylor, Holohan & McAtee were absolutely dreadful, neither of them could string a simple pass together and I’m sure Taylor won one ball all game.

On the beach now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
LondonMariner43
April 1, 2023, 4:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,955
Gold Stars: 64
Watched most of the game on a free streaming site.  Thought we played some decent stuff at times but got bullied out of the game.  For the second half of the first half we looked good and dominant.  This has been a long tough season but I still think we have the makings of a competitive side for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
ska face
April 1, 2023, 4:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
With the exception of Maher and probably Green, I wouldn’t be distraught to see the back of any of that lot today. Absolute shít, miles off it.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
HerveJosse
April 1, 2023, 4:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
We looked good for twentty minutes before half time When we turned to time wasting it also took any impetus we had left out the game. Taylor is now playing walking foitball and offered nothing in the second half .a number of others looked out of gas in second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 66
lukeo
April 1, 2023, 5:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,376
Gold Stars: 148
I won't say too much as I've had alot of hate for my opinion on Taylor since he's been back from injury but today hopefully people will see where I'm coming from.
I only managed to watch the first half and felt we did well, listened to the 2nd whilst I was linesmaning a game, we didn't seem in it as much but will leave it to others who watched/went. Well done to the fans as always , could hear you clearly 👏 UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 66
Spurn boy
April 1, 2023, 5:26pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from HerveJosse
We looked good for twentty minutes before half time When we turned to time wasting it also took any impetus we had left out the game. Taylor is now playing walking foitball and offered nothing in the second half .a number of others looked out of gas in second half.

It’s been a long season for all the players following on from a successful play off , I think today was the 51st game that Crocombe has played this season and some of the other players have played more games than they would have expected to play so although we all feel a bit peeved about today I think we have had a remarkable season and everyone is ready for a well earned break.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 66
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 1, 2023, 5:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Might as well have not come out for the second half, totally  toothless

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 66
Hagrid
April 1, 2023, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,434
Gold Stars: 535
Looked exhausted second half. Created zilch and invited pressure. Our timewasting riled the crowd and got them back to supporting their team.

Just about finishing high as we can now
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 66
Croxton
April 1, 2023, 5:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,016
Gold Stars: 33
We have zero game management skills, either on or off ,the pitch. First order is to look after the ball and find a team mate. On the deck where possible but the channels if not. So many occasions when the man with the ball made a rushed decision.

McAtee has the skills and composure to retain the ball  but not the consistency to link with others. Berating his team mates early in the second half was a bad look but it was Taylor who should have been replaced for a more mobile attack. We have been out passed for spells in every game which means we have to run around to get the ball back.

Too much talk in post match interviews about fatigue and not enough about tactics. Getting Orsi or Khan on much earlier would have helped Lloyd find some space. Sadly, he is suffering a battering and getting little help from the officials.

Glennon was exposed too often in a back four. When he makes one error you know there will be another following shortly.

Not saying we have to replace most of the team like Ska says but we had no one who needed watching as much as Cook. He lost markers with ease, held the ball when needed and timed his runs well. If Bradford's delivery had been a bit sharper he could have had at least one more.

Thought Bradford's stewards were top class. Friendly, smart and professional inside and outside the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 66
headingly_mariner
April 1, 2023, 5:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Was a pretty good game but we'd shot our bolt by 55 minutes.

Had Cook been playing for us today we'd have won, I'm really impressed with how he's come on since he played for us. Missed Waterfall and Efete.

Criticism of Taylor was harsh, he's clearly not fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.