HertsGTFC
April 1, 2023, 8:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,950
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from lukeo

I'm sticking by what I said, I didn't feel he put enough effort in, whether that's down to still not being 100% fit only he knows , but if that's the case he shouldn't be chucked back in yet.
Maybe I was slightly critical but I very really get angry watching town. But watching his performance mid week I was fuming. Maybe I was over analysing it too much but a few times he definitely didn't put enough effort in whether it was jumping for a header, moving off the ball or closing down etc.
Anyway, that's what a forum is for. Debating and opinions. I appreciate and accept everyone's who disagree with me and like I said on twitter I loved Taylor last season. Especially that goal v Wrexham.

Taylor wasn’t in the squad mid week???

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 66
MuddyWaters
April 1, 2023, 8:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,255
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Taylor wasn’t in the squad mid week???

As I said earlier, when it comes to Tayls, people see what they want to see. 😂😂

He’s had a career threatening/shortening injury. I’m pretty sure a lot of pros would be looking after themselves a bit and, if you don’t like that, blame the manager because he picks him.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 66
lukeo
April 1, 2023, 8:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Sorry getting my games muddled up 😄 last weekend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
zorro_is_a_Mariner
April 1, 2023, 8:55pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
We have a good nucleus for next season just need to add a bit of quality all around the squad to make us more effective in front of goal. Waterfall big miss today Bradford wouldn't of had half the success through Cook if his was playing.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2023, 9:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,950
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from lukeo
Sorry getting my games muddled up 😄 last weekend

I went to the game and didn’t see what you saw in fact we created quite a few chances that many players didn’t convert.

Personally Taylor brings craft to the side, whether or not he’s still good enough at that level remains to be seen. I suspect if fit then he’ll feature a lot before the end of the season so the manager can make the call.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 66
TAGG
April 1, 2023, 10:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,957
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Grantley
Crocombe at fault for all 3 goals today.

Definitely need a mew keeper next season.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
arryarryarry
April 1, 2023, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Was a pretty good game but we'd shot our bolt by 55 minutes.

Had Cook been playing for us today we'd have won, I'm really impressed with how he's come on since he played for us. Missed Waterfall and Efete.

Criticism of Taylor was harsh, he's clearly not fit.

I was impressed with him when he played for us, was it Hurst who wasn't, he went on to play at a higher level than we have been for years.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
Zmariner
April 1, 2023, 11:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Grantley
Crocombe at fault for all 3 goals today.

Big Crocombe fan but watched goals and he had a poor game and needs competition and resting as he has not been good since Xmas
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 66
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 1, 2023, 11:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Brain dump for next season, when Bratford don’t go up and we wreak revenge:

- Don’t walk past the Tesco. You can’t cut up

- Bratford stinks of exhaust fumes, brake fluid and burnt out clutch.

- Police horsefücker LB 3019 (quote this ref when complaining about the animal farm cünt). Trots up to the (innocent) Town fans queuing to get into the East Stand. Shouts at Town fans for almost getting trampled by his equine lover. “Howay, if yee didn’t move for mee big fickin filly, yer fückin doyles, I’ll trample thee to Peterlee (he was from Co Durham, sniffing out the overtime)”. LB 3019 starts laughing like a hi-vis hyena.

- Sat in the Bratford stand, Sue (62), from Frizinghall, asks me to move because someone else normally sits in my seat. But I’ve bought that seat and it’s next to my mates? I prove it by showing her my ticket on the phone. Sue tuts at such technological witchcraft.

-  An enemy created.

- The next 15 mins, pre kick off, are mostly spent by Sue pointing at me, huffing like a stream train and telling everyone on the rows below how miserable and selfish the youth of today are (I’m 40 and old enough to be Sue’s toyboy).

- Respectful clapping for Prof Sharpe. I clap. Sue
claps. I clap hard. Sue claps harder. I look mournful. Sue looks scornful.

- Six minutes of sterile Town dominance. Sloppy defending. Gilliead through Emmanuel and Crocombe like a Karachi curry.

- Sue suspicious.

- Town on the ropes. Smith getting closed down like a Bratford high street shop. Is Smith actually awake?

- Taylor into space. Clifton charging in like an eager haddock. Tumbles. Penalty. Yellow. Holohan - pray to the Saint of Mary. 1-1

- Subtle fist clench. Screams of delight from my fellow Town fan behind me. Sly wink to the Town fans across the tarp divide.

- The wink - in hindsight this adroit act of kinship towards my fellow Fishies may have been misconstrued as a forward gesture of homo-eroticism on my part. Certainly, my frothy-mouthed, Grimsby brethren were not impressed by the wink.

- Enemies to the left of me. Enemies to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with Sue

- Sue spins in her seat. Part Exorcist, part Jack Lester. ‘Geerrrrr ahead and t’clap if thou wantest duh. God giveth life, God giveth it awayyy, not yuhhh. I fink yer are the devil ifthself’

- Sue has the radge alright.

- I pretend I’m French. It doesn’t work. I pretend I’m German. It doesn’t work. I show her a photo of my Bradford Council tax bill.

- Sue’s now confused. Conflicted. She’s still trying to understand what I am - who I am - when Smith bundles home Town’s second.

- The Andy Cook song starts up from the Town fans. Sue moans that, “t’its dissgusssting. They be kids around”. Exactly Sue, there are kids around. That’s why we are warning them about him.  

- Half-time. Town 2-1 up. The cold. I didn’t feel it before. Has Sue drugged me? I can’t feel my fingers - it’s April.

- I accidentally trap Sue’s beige coat in my seat. She looks for a steward.

- I look at McAtee

-  If possession is nine tenths of the law, McAtee would be arrested. As McAtee thinks about this…and sharing a flat for the next 6 months with Bim Pepple in some sort of shït ITV sitcom…he takes a slightly crude block to the visage by Stubbs.

- McAtee is now the angriest man in the ground, on the assumption that Sue identifies as a woman.

- Glennon and the linesman flirt over some odd throw-in calls in our favour. Glennon has a fine thatch - does he condition?

“Bratford have only got one ball. The other is owned by Stuart McCall”…

- McAtee, still in a funk, uses Glennon by not using him, and passes infield to a shirt-split Smallwood. Then blames Glennon for his own inadequacies. Bratford almost equalise.

- Momentum shifts like a Waterfall crossfield pass.

- Cook starts bullying Smith again.

- 2-2

- McAtee has now gone 20 mins without finding a teammate, holding up the ball or anything. But it’s Lloyd’s fault according to McAtee.

- Sue’s now getting flirty.  She can tell I’m nervous.

- Cook. 3-2! Instead of celebrating with his teammates, Smallwood repeatedly cups his ears to the Town fans like a nonce in a nonce-off.

- Whistle goes. Sue and I swap numbers and at least one bodily fluid

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 66
Stew0_0
April 1, 2023, 11:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,200
Gold Stars: 35
If our manager had an ounce of bravery about him we would have got something today. They were clearly instructed at half time to defend two banks of 5 and was never gonna work. Within 15 minutes an equaliser then backs against wall from there. I respect Hurst for the instant promotion from the national League but if we are serious about league one then am not sure he's the answer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.