Mayaman
April 1, 2023, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from lukeo
I won't say too much as I've had alot of hate for my opinion on Taylor since he's been back from injury but today hopefully people will see where I'm coming from.
I only managed to watch the first half and felt we did well, listened to the 2nd whilst I was linesmaning a game, we didn't seem in it as much but will leave it to others who watched/went. Well done to the fans as always , could hear you clearly đź‘Ź UTM

I got a massive slating for saying he was off the mark before he got injured.  His reaction time is too slow.  I like the bloke but it's time to hang up the boots or drop a level or two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
chipsandgravy
April 1, 2023, 6:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,614
Gold Stars: 37
Whilst I respect people's opinions on today's "narrow"defeat to a decent play off team I am really surprised at the overly negative response to today's performance and the vitriol aimed at certain players. Whilst the second half was disappointing there were many passages of play when we looked half decent. Add that with our recent performances at Mansfield and Crawley then I think with additions there is certainly reasons to be optimistic. We all know where our shortcomings are and I am sure the manager does. Up till today Bradford had played one game and we had played three - and towards the end of the half it understandably began to show.
Orient are a great example of a well run club operating within their means who, after getting promoted out of non league, have steadily improved their position in the league over the last three seasons to sit in pole position. We may have to be a little patient to try and emulate them. As long as we improve year on year then that's good enough for me. And for those calling for Hurst's head - have a word with yourself please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
April 1, 2023, 6:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
Nice 15 min journey home.

Entertaining game that we threw away with complete anti-football in the second and ended up with exactly what we deserved.

Taylor, Holohan & McAtee were absolutely dreadful, neither of them could string a simple pass together and I’m sure Taylor won one ball all game.

On the beach now.

And I'm sure I saw him flick on a minimum of 4 balls, maybe you was watching a different match than I was!

Reply: 12 - 66
pontoonlew
April 1, 2023, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from 123614

And I'm sure I saw him flick on a minimum of 4 balls, maybe you was watching a different match than I was!

Will be happy for you to watch the 90 mins and show me those 4 because I guarantee they don’t exist, he was dreadful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
CSLM
April 1, 2023, 6:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 12
I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter but the second half was a bit disappointing.

It feels to me like we take the *hithousery and timewasting a little too far now and it breeds negativity through the team. Every team does it but I do think refs should be much stronger, book players early and everytime they kick the ball away. Saying that we would have had about 15 red cards lol.

I agree with everyone else about lloyd. Would be great to have him next year. He looks like he has real potential and works incredibly hard.
Also feel a bit sorry for McAtee. Can't help thinking he feels massively under pressure to show how good he is and this is not helping his performances. Would 100% have him here next season though if Luton would allow it. Same with Smith from Hull.
Going to be really interesting to see how we line up first game next season, lots of time to go.
Noticed on the Bradford forum they said we could have Chapman, they don't like him at all. If we could afford him and he would come I think he would be a great signing.

Overall I think we have done well. Plenty of frustrating games but we do look very capable of being a force with some decent additions.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
April 1, 2023, 6:50pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew

Will be happy for you to watch the 90 mins and show me those 4 because I guarantee they don’t exist, he was dreadful

I'm not the one that needs to re watch the whole game, I watched the whole game, and saw him flick on at least 4 headers, it's you that needs to watch the game again.

Reply: 15 - 66
MuddyWaters
April 1, 2023, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

When it comes to Tayls, people see what they want to see. Without him, particularly at Wrexham, we’d still be non league.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
fishcake63
April 1, 2023, 6:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from ska face
With the exception of Maher and probably Green, I wouldn’t be distraught to see the back of any of that lot today. Absolute shít, miles off it.

Really
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2023, 6:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from lukeo
I won't say too much as I've had alot of hate for my opinion on Taylor since he's been back from injury but today hopefully people will see where I'm coming from.
I only managed to watch the first half and felt we did well, listened to the 2nd whilst I was linesmaning a game, we didn't seem in it as much but will leave it to others who watched/went. Well done to the fans as always , could hear you clearly đź‘Ź UTM

You got some stick on Twitter because you said Taylor has not been putting the effort in.

One thing I am 100% sure of if he wasn’t putting in the effort Hurst wouldn’t have him anywhere near the squad.

Always frustrating when you lose after being ahead especially after fading so badly but they’ve spent and pay big so have better players than us, it’s as simple as that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
chipsandgravy
April 1, 2023, 6:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,614
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ska face
With the exception of Maher and probably Green, I wouldn’t be distraught to see the back of any of that lot today. Absolute shít, miles off it.

Is there a post of the week for red crosses?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.