forza ivano
September 25, 2022, 10:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,209
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from 140381

There’s a couple of obvious trolls who criticise absolutely every statement she makes…

oh, that's interesting. Debbie's probably had enough of constant petty sniping, and thought it's not really worth the hassle
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 137
arryarryarry
September 25, 2022, 11:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano

i tend to agree with you, but am guessing that it was all worked out pretty amicably, given the warm words on either side plus the interviews n coverage etc etc
I can easily imagine a scenario where he's been 'passed over' by the younger, dynamic, new thinking Jo and he's thought 'feck it, I've done my time , don't need this, if the payoff's good then I'm out of here'

From what I was told I don't think you are far wrong from that.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 137
lukeo
September 26, 2022, 4:46am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,378
Gold Stars: 149
I wonder how much it cost for the seats that was put on the side of the pontoon? If it's cheaper than getting a whole 'stand' of green seats the club could try that. it was a long time ago but I'm guessing it was roughly 100 odd seats??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 137
aldi_01
September 26, 2022, 6:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from 140381

Yeah…

I don’t have Twitter anymore but had a look on someone else the other day and the troll accounts are all similar.

Rather sad really, I know people are loyal to their masters but they’re grown men…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 137
forza ivano
September 26, 2022, 8:31am

Exile
Quoted from arryarryarry

From what I was told I don't think you are far wrong from that.

that's interesting. It was just seeing Jo, and listening to her etc that I thought - this is a new broom . ihad a similar experience at a similar age to Dave. New young , dynamic, I'm going to change the world , Let's re invent the wheel go getter.i had been doing the job successfully for 20 odd years, and soon thought , feck it, I don't need some kid telling me how to do my job! And you do get tired and bored of the same old corporate bullshite.
I'm sure he'll be happier as a result
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 137
jamesgtfc
September 26, 2022, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,991
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from forza ivano

that's interesting. It was just seeing Jo, and listening to her etc that I thought - this is a new broom . ihad a similar experience at a similar age to Dave. New young , dynamic, I'm going to change the world , Let's re invent the wheel go getter.i had been doing the job successfully for 20 odd years, and soon thought , feck it, I don't need some kid telling me how to do my job! And you do get tired and bored of the same old corporate bullshite.
I'm sure he'll be happier as a result

I think it's quite telling that, if this kind of scenario has gone on, Dave gas gone about it in the right way. The good words, the interview and the invite back as a guest next month.

Compare that with someone like Ian Fleming who sneaked out the back door.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 137
forza ivano
September 26, 2022, 11:28am

Exile
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I think it's quite telling that, if this kind of scenario has gone on, Dave gas gone about it in the right way. The good words, the interview and the invite back as a guest next month.

yup - a scenario where everyone agreed that it was the best option. After such long and distinguished service I'm sure Dave will have got a decent payoff , and Jo/Debbie get a free hand to go forward with what, I'm guessing, will be a very different approach!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 137
aldi_01
September 26, 2022, 11:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Ian Fleming and the eulogising is an example of the state the club was in and where it currently is. He was a useless CEO, I’m sure he was a lovely bloke but as a CEO he brought little to the role, hence why he was moved on.

Dave Smith is a great bloke and the reciprocated kind words speak volumes but it is 2022 and the club needs future proofing and we need to behave and operate like a 21sr century club and that’s what is happening…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 137
MarinerDevil
September 26, 2022, 11:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,782
Gold Stars: 80
Good mention for us in this BBC article with a few quotes from DC on the real living wage. I think our average home attendance is more than 5,400 though?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62996172
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 137
diehardmariner
September 26, 2022, 11:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,637
Gold Stars: 539
Ian Fleming might just have wanted to leave in that way.  He was, rightly or wrongly, a hidden figure for many years in the running of the club.  He might just be very uncomfortable with any form of spotlight.

We're over a year into the 1878 regime.  Yet prior to that there wasn't an awful lot of turnover in the club.  The same old faces had sat in the same old chairs for a long, long time.  Change was needed.  Now that could be change of mindset or change of people.  From the outside looking in, the occupants of those chairs were given ample opportunity to bring about that change of mindset.  

I feel that as a fanbase we're looking too much into people leaving their roles at the club.  It's not even evolution and development of the club, it's just natural churn of staff.  

Enjoyed the interview again and definitely agree with forza that there was a different side to Stockwood coming out there.  Dare I say it, he showed his frustration a little.  It must have been hard over the last 18 months refusing to bite and admitting that what they inherited was a shower, you can forgive him for letting slip a little.  Regardless he still comes across incredibly well.

I've got to be honest though, the ticketing issue still remains unresolved for me.  It feels a little like that they don't get it.  I completely understand that they're looking at the number of empty seats and saying 'yeah, but why would we bring extra seats in when we can't sell what we've got?'.  If you're a corner shop and you're only selling 8 tins of beans a day, you're not going to order 12 a day from the wholesaler are you?  But our version of that analogy is that we're ordering 10 a day, selling 8 but 3 are damaged that no-one wants.  

I'm not aware of any way that we can measure the level of interest in the games beyond actual ticket sales.  But I'm pretty certain that we're effectively turning people away because the seats that are available are substandard.  There's incredibly limited scope for tomorrow's game to get a seat that isn't on the back row of the Main Stand where the really restricted views are (regardless of what the official stance on these are).  Yet I'm certain as hell that we'll have quite a lot of empty seats bunched together that could have been sold once we kick-off tomorrow night.

If I don't have a season ticket and I look to buy a couple of tickets today, I'm thinking balderdash to that.  I'm either unable to see half the pitch or sitting 70 seats away from the person I've come to the game with.  

We need proof of concept, be it that we need more seats or we don't.  Until we get that, it'll always remain an issue.  One way of helping to determine that is an effective seat release scheme.  Yes, I know there's the option there.  But honestly why am I going to release my seat for a game I can't go to?  There has to be an incentive otherwise the vast majority of people won't bother.  Over 5 weeks ago the club said they were working on a rewards scheme - https://gtfc.co.uk/donating-your-seat/ - unless I've missed it nothing has been done since then.  Yet we've had 4 home league fixtures where tickets have been sold since (including the Crewe game that was curtailed).

Until we acknowledge that there will be a percentage of fans that can't attend games and we maximise the ability to resell those seats on a game-by-game basis, we'll never achieve full house status in the sense of bums on seats. If and when we can get there or thereabouts will be the point of putting extra capacity in.
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason and Debbie on DN35

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.