14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
quebec38
September 23, 2022, 6:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,585
Gold Stars: 48
I think that would have a been a good question for last night regarding addressing the no-shows.

Not sure where I stand on it or what’s “right” or “wrong”, just open to discussing what does seem to be an issue developing.

On the one hand, people have put their money where there mouth is early doors and deserve the right to reserve their seat and turn up as and when. On the other hand, I feel like people have seen the clamour for tickets and bought season tickets with the intention of only turning up for maybe half of the games, so that they don’t miss out on a seat when they can attend.

Not bashing either side here, like we keep saying - it’s a nice problem to have.

I think the button you can press to release your seat online is obviously a help, but does everyone know about this? There are the same empty ST seats around me game after game.

A conundrum I’m glad I don’t have to solve! I’m sure we’ll find the right solution though eventually as after all, this is still a new phenomenon.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 137
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2022, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Poojah

Tomorrow looks set to be a home sellout; very little left even in the Osmond and Main Stand. Swindon took 632 to Donny and whilst the extra 45 minutes and the second away Saturday on the trot will probably knock a few off that, you’d imagine they’ll still bring somewhere in the region of 400.

With the August holiday no-shows that will have affected the Northampton attendance we should be on for the biggest crowd of the season. Not bad for a regular, early-mid-season game against Swindon.

There’s several selling tickets on the various Facebook pages, will not be near full.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 137
Limerick Mariner
September 23, 2022, 7:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,703
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There’s several selling tickets on the various Facebook pages, will not be near full.

And that's my point -  someone who is not a committed regular decides tonight it would be nice to go tomorrow with a couple of mates and have a couple of pints, they take a look at the stadium plan to buy tickets and the choice is 100 or so restricted view seats with cramped leg room at the back of a 120-year-old stand or a few singles dotted elsewere around the Main Stand. They may not consider or be inclined to ferret around on Facebook to try and get 3 seats together in the Upper or Lower. Those Facebook seats really need to be back on the stadium plan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 137
buckstown
September 23, 2022, 7:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from quebec38
I think that would have a been a good question for last night regarding addressing the no-shows.

Not sure where I stand on it or what’s “right” or “wrong”, just open to discussing what does seem to be an issue developing.

On the one hand, people have put their money where there mouth is early doors and deserve the right to reserve their seat and turn up as and when. On the other hand, I feel like people have seen the clamour for tickets and bought season tickets with the intention of only turning up for maybe half of the games, so that they don’t miss out on a seat when they can attend.

Not bashing either side here, like we keep saying - it’s a nice problem to have.

I think the button you can press to release your seat online is obviously a help, but does everyone know about this? There are the same empty ST seats around me game after game.

This is easy really. As a big town fan on a wave of optimism I bought a season ticket for three reasons:
a) it's a donation to the club, b) when I go I can sit where I want, c) I can get tickets to away matches
If the club had a resale facility, I would let them sell my seat whenever I can't go (like tomorrow) for no payment. I checked the site today and couldn't find such a system.
It's not easy being an exile and 220 miles away. I was half way up the M1 on the Friday before Crewe when my mates at the EFL decided I should be in mourning and cancelled the game. Thankfully I discovered the Cleethorpes Taphouse and Kitchen, my new fave (sorry Notts)
I'll be there Tuesday for my first floodlit game in Grimsby for ages and again for Bradford in October but in between there'll be an empty seat. I paid for it with hard earned so really don't think anyone should be upset about it

A conundrum I’m glad I don’t have to solve! I’m sure we’ll find the right solution though eventually as after all, this is still a new phenomenon.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 137
buckstown
September 23, 2022, 7:47pm
Champagne Drinker
My reply to Quebec got rather mixed up so here it is!
This is easy really. As a big town fan on a wave of optimism I bought a season ticket for three reasons:
a) it's a donation to the club, b) when I go I can sit where I want, c) I can get tickets to away matches
If the club had a resale facility, I would let them sell my seat whenever I can't go (like tomorrow) for no payment. I checked the site today and couldn't find such a system.
It's not easy being an exile and 220 miles away. I was half way up the M1 on the Friday before Crewe when my mates at the EFL decided I should be in mourning and cancelled the game. Thankfully I discovered the Cleethorpes Taphouse and Kitchen, my new fave (sorry Notts)
I'll be there Tuesday for my first floodlit game in Grimsby for ages and again for Bradford in October but in between there'll be an empty seat. I paid for it with hard earned so really don't think anyone should be upset about it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 137
ginnywings
September 23, 2022, 7:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from buckstown
My reply to Quebec got rather mixed up so here it is!

Go into your account or register if you haven't got one. Once in your account, choose My Current Tickets, then Show More and there is a tab to release tickets.

It could and should be easier to access in my opinion, but the facility is there if you look hard enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 137
HerveJosse
September 23, 2022, 8:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
As anyone told Jason that the capacity isn’t 9500?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 137
buckstown
September 23, 2022, 8:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Go into your account or register if you haven't got one. Once in your account, choose My Current Tickets, then Show More and there is a tab to release tickets.

It could and should be easier to access in my opinion, but the facility is there if you look hard enough.

Thanks for that Ginny, just released it for tomorrow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 137
forza ivano
September 23, 2022, 8:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,206
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Jason seems to think there isn't a problem but the difficulty getting 3 or 4 seats next to one another with a respectable view say otherwise.

Then may I suggest you (and others) get in contact with the Trust & DC with your concerns. I'm not disagreeing with you and I'm sympathetic with the view that why should people have to buy restricted view ,uncomfortable seats, when there is a better alternative available.
I don't usually criticise 1878 but it's 1 area where I'm surprised at their instransigence - surely we need to be making the whole match day 'experience' as comfortable as possible.By their stance of not freeing up the Ossie blocks early they are de incentivising people to come. Surely it make sense to sell the decent seats and then offer the restricted views after that, not before?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 137
HerveJosse
September 23, 2022, 8:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from forza ivano

Then may I suggest you (and others) get in contact with the Trust & DC with your concerns. I'm not disagreeing with you and I'm sympathetic with the view that why should people have to buy restricted view ,uncomfortable seats, when there is a better alternative available.
I don't usually criticise 1878 but it's 1 area where I'm surprised at their instransigence - surely we need to be making the whole match day 'experience' as comfortable as possible.By their stance of not freeing up the Ossie blocks early they are de incentivising people to come. Surely it make sense to sell the decent seats and then offer the restricted views after that, not before?

Though I have been vocal on the issue of more capacity and their slowness to acknowledge this one area where things do now have appeared to have changed is that both Osmond corner blocks are being opened up when tickets first go on sale rather then wait for the poor views  to sell first somIething Ingive them  credit for listening on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason and Debbie on DN35

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.