MarinerDevil
September 22, 2022, 8:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Poojah
Assume no Rotherham related questions have been asked as of yet? I imagine there's been a polite request to keep that off the table.

They did ask. They didn't reveal anything, other than saying how proud they are that Hurst might be getting interest. They said that they were trying to create an environment that no-one would want to leave, but at the same time would not stand in anyone's way if they wanted to better themselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 137
Poojah
September 22, 2022, 8:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
Quoted from MarinerDevil

They did ask. They didn't reveal anything, other than saying how proud they are that Hurst might be getting interest. They said that they were trying to create an environment that no-one would want to leave, but at the same time would not stand in anyone's way if they wanted to better themselves.

Thanks mate. They can't really do any more than that as owners.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 137
aldi_01
September 22, 2022, 8:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah

Thanks mate. They can't really do any more than that as owners.

It’s all you ask for in any professional setting really. Perhaps we should take it as a compliment?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 137
petethemariner
September 22, 2022, 9:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
The main thing that came across to me was how safe the club is in the hands of these
people and how lucky we are to have them guiding the clubs future.
The most positive times i can remember in the 50 odd years  of being a Town fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 137
Mikey_345
September 22, 2022, 9:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Poojah
Assume no Rotherham related questions have been asked as of yet? I imagine there's been a polite request to keep that off the table.

Was easing our way into it mate. We’ve never been asked to avoid a subject by any of them.

Tried to get through as many questions as we could, had around 130 so we were never going to get through them all. Hopefully most bases were covered though..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 137
petethemariner
September 22, 2022, 9:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I'm sorry  red crosses don't normally bother me, but who would red cross a positive post
(Other than a Fentyite) its just a bit sad really isn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 137
forza ivano
September 22, 2022, 9:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
always worth  a listen.
Some take outs - Head of Operations and Head of Recruitment will shortly be appointed
Focusing on improving toilet and food facilities at BP. Reiterated that away fans will be limited to 1200 and the Ossie corner is for GTFC fans
Are looking at perm solutions for extra seating , be it covered or uncovered, but the cost benefit analysis will be a deciding factor
safe standing is on the agenda, but is difficult because it actually reduces capacity
They are obviously chuffed to have recruited Steve Crousden - AP thinks it's no surprise to see Crocombe going from strength to strength
BCorp application is progressing and AP sees it as a way of locking in the philosophy so that new owners would find it v difficult to unpick should they so wish. Has also been embedded in the constitution, to make it even more watertight.
Club have been a Real Living Wage employer since Jan
Promotion has allowed them to think more laterally and expansively than if we'd stayed in NL - focus and finance then would've been massively on 1st team, but the extra funding allows them to bring forward plans they had envisaged for further down the line
Women's team is important - has been brought across to the Academy and is now under the auspices of Neil Woods , and he has plans apparently! This is groundbreaking stuff for a team at their level, and they will also benefit massively as and when the new training complex is up and running
Dc wants to see more ,and wider, coverage of the women's and youth teams
More shirts should be coming next month and top priority for new commercial manager is getting the advertsing boards fully utilised
fans engagement survey coming out within a month

What made me sit up was when JS spoke quite firmly about the staff and what they found and what they expect. I will have to relisten to this section because i found it quite revealing, and i don't want to misquote him. In short the standards they found were not good enough and people have left because having been there a long time they weren't able to change. Showed a degree of 'steel' that we haven't really seen before - saw the other side of him, for a fleeting moment, the side that will have made him av. successful businessman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 137
Poojah
September 22, 2022, 9:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mikey_345

Was easing our way into it mate. We’ve never been asked to avoid a subject by any of them.

Tried to get through as many questions as we could, had around 130 so we were never going to get through them all. Hopefully most bases were covered though..

I’d only got 10 mins in and assumed, since it hadn’t come up yet, that it might not. Thought it was handled well by all; sensitive question of course but I thought the response, blended with humour and a degree of serious but considered discussion about the culture now prevailing at the club, was excellent.

I thought the three custodians were an absolute credit to the club and to themselves, as were the hosts. It’s actually quite jarring at times to hear such intelligent and thoughtful discourse, such is the quantum of the departure from what preceded it. I still have flashbacks to Matt Dean gate and I wasn’t even there.

A much better format than the old fans forums as well. Informative yet relaxed. Keep up the brilliant work!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 137
Poojah
September 22, 2022, 10:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from petethemariner
I'm sorry  red crosses don't normally bother me, but who would red cross a positive post
(Other than a Fentyite) its just a bit sad really isn't it?

You’ve answered your own question, mate. Ironically reminiscent of the kind of classless cheap shots that would be routinely dished out by the old regime.

Thank Christ they’re gone. Gone but not forgotten. I lost twenty years of my prime football supporting life to you cúnts. Sorry, that’s not fair. You absolute fúcking cúnts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 137
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 22, 2022, 10:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,842
Gold Stars: 178
What forza has said re: advertising, I do wonder if we will see those electronic advertising hoardings

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason and Debbie on DN35

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.