forza ivano
September 23, 2022, 9:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I understand the logic but have to say that, anecdotally, it isn’t going down well. Not totally convinced that a football club can be run in the same way as a normal corporate organisation.

see the above post to yours Codger, which makes the counter argument. Should add my wife runs 2 special needs schools, so in a way there are parallels , it's  a social/community 'business'' ; but the point about standards,ethics and professionalism remains true.

and i would add that whilst it may not be going down well with certain people, there will be others who come into replace them. And i suspect those people who leave will be replaced by forward thinking, dynamic, enthusiastic and efficient professionals, coz i don't think DC would settle for anything else
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 137
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2022, 9:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I understand the logic but have to say that, anecdotally, it isn’t going down well. Not totally convinced that a football club can be run in the same way as a normal corporate organisation.

I don't disagree but JS at least has developed some businesses who aren't "normal cooperate organisations" in terms of culture at any rate. I think change isn't always popular some people get it and respond some don't.

Also credit to the owners as Jason calls it they have pretty much dealt with stuff in the "organisation" rather than the "football" club. The football side of things has been left to PH and the "football club" stuff has been addressed with some great consultation with stake holders like the Trust etc...

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 137
aldi_01
September 23, 2022, 9:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Why?

It’s clear the old regime was pointless, incompetent and if they weren’t sycophants that said ‘yes John, no John, three bags full John’ they were numb, coasting, taking their money and going home. That’s no good for an organisation either.

Football club or corporate organisation, the operations of the club were embarrassing and it was on life support. For me, I’d have removed the lot, couldn’t give two shits of they’ve been there ages and work hard, not a single element of the club was working smartly or effectively.

They chose, and understandably so, to give folk a chance. Some have taken it, others not so much, those people have been moved on. Some more forcibly than others I’d imagine. That business. Football is the same, you’re excrement, you’re moved on. Teams that are shite and a shambles like us go through lots of players, businesses poorly run and chaotic go through lots of staff. Culturally they’re a mess and environmentally they’re not places that are relational or places folk won’t to work.

The club was rotten, it still is in parts. There’ll be casualties along the way, as a fan I can’t say I’m bothered about that. Decisions are being made to make the club future proof, sustainable and successful.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 137
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 23, 2022, 10:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
Just listened and really enjoyed it. Good stuff by the dn35 guys and always enjoy hearing from our owners. They talk alot of sense and disagree completely with the old codgers comment. All the clubs that have been run in the way jason and andrew are looking to run ours, have overtaken the old school run clubs. Dont get what theyre saying conflated with the commercially ran disaster clubs like man united. Theyre leaving the football side to the football people, but setting those football people up for long term sustained success and growing the club into being the embraced heart of the town, which it hasnt quite been for a long time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 137
Rodley Mariner
September 23, 2022, 10:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
My experience is that people who tell you that where they work is different and that the normal rules don't really apply are generally making excuses. You can't be the first to complain about anything being wrong and then criticise the owners for wanting to improve standards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 137
MarinerDevil
September 23, 2022, 10:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,781
Gold Stars: 80
I mean, this is what we asked for, isn't it? We wanted the club to be dragged into the 21st century, kicking and screaming if needs be. This is the ruthless attitude we need if we're going to get back to where we want to be. As long as people are given a chance to prove themselves and the owners act professionally, I'll be fully supportive of any action they deem necessary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 137
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2022, 10:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01

Why?

It’s clear the old regime was pointless, incompetent and if they weren’t sycophants that said ‘yes John, no John, three bags full John’ they were numb, coasting, taking their money and going home. That’s no good for an organisation either.

Football club or corporate organisation, the operations of the club were embarrassing and it was on life support. For me, I’d have removed the lot, couldn’t give two shits of they’ve been there ages and work hard, not a single element of the club was working smartly or effectively.

They chose, and understandably so, to give folk a chance. Some have taken it, others not so much, those people have been moved on. Some more forcibly than others I’d imagine. That business. Football is the same, you’re excrement, you’re moved on. Teams that are shite and a shambles like us go through lots of players, businesses poorly run and chaotic go through lots of staff. Culturally they’re a mess and environmentally they’re not places that are relational or places folk won’t to work.

The club was rotten, it still is in parts. There’ll be casualties along the way, as a fan I can’t say I’m bothered about that. Decisions are being made to make the club future proof, sustainable and successful.

If I wasted my discretional energy on that ticks and crosses bollox I'd give this post a gold star.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 137
Mikey_345
September 24, 2022, 10:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Will have to re listen because I may have misunderstood at the time. However I took Jason’s comments about sell outs to be in relation to a new ground but they recognise there’s an issue with grouping tickets etc hence they’re looking for additional seating in the corners?

As I said, I might be wrong.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 137
GyMariner
September 24, 2022, 12:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
They’re saying we aren’t selling out home games yet there’s no decent seats together for todays game. I can’t get 2 seats together anywhere in the ground that aren’t restricted views. Any STs not going able to release their seats? Despite what they say, we do have a capacity issue that are keeping people away.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 137
HerveJosse
September 24, 2022, 1:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Just 22 seats left with 90 minutes to go to kick off . Sell out by any reasonable definition of the term
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason and Debbie on DN35

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.