GhostDan
September 29, 2022, 9:24am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The atmosphere or lack of in the Upper this Season is very noticeable. I put this down to the Club selling premium seats to youngsters and families? The selling of 5800 ST suggest the Club have got it right but its definitely watered down the atmosphere and probably cost a few quid .I hope next season its revised and the premium seats are sold at premium price.

Agreed about the atmosphere but how much more premium can the prices in the Upper get?  Seasons tickets were about £375.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 137
diehardmariner
September 29, 2022, 10:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,637
Gold Stars: 539
Lots of empty seats in the Main Stand, awful lot of them I noticed with reserved stickers on.  This will always be the case for midweek games with a fair chunk of exiles buying ST's.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 137
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 29, 2022, 12:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from diehardmariner
Lots of empty seats in the Main Stand, awful lot of them I noticed with reserved stickers on.  This will always be the case for midweek games with a fair chunk of exiles buying ST's.

About 8 spare seats all together behind me in the Upper Tuesday night and my lad said it was the same on Saturday ( I was sat elsewhere Saturday). Seems a bit odd they were not used at either match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 137
ginnywings
September 29, 2022, 7:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The atmosphere or lack of in the Upper this Season is very noticeable. I put this down to the Club selling premium seats to youngsters and families? The selling of 5800 ST suggest the Club have got it right but its definitely watered down the atmosphere and probably cost a few quid .I hope next season its revised and the premium seats are sold at premium price.

Not a lot to get excited about so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 137
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 30, 2022, 8:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
I know it’s the same old discussion about the possibility of a new ground, but interesting to see that authorities are applying through the ‘levelling up’ process for new stadia development

https://news.causewaycoastcomm.....id-gets-green-light/

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 137
RichMariner
September 30, 2022, 1:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,136
Gold Stars: 209
The issue for me, using the Bradford game as an example (because it's on a Saturday and I expect it to be a sell-out), is that, as an exile, it's unlikely me and a few mates will be able to get seats together (unless we're prepared to accept restricted views).

So, while I get Jason's point of view, I think match tickets become a problem well before we start selling out. I don't really want to sit apart from my mates when I can finally (after much effort) make it back for a match.

STH giving their seats up for matches they can't make is the right direction. The system/process needs refining and communicating better, but it'll help.

Those of us who couldn't afford the outlay of a season ticket up front, or couldn't guarantee how many matches we'd be able to make at BP this season, have to deal with not sitting together when we do come back.

This is no criticism of us selling close to 6k season tickets - that's fantastic for the club (and its finances) and I'm glad so many fans are putting their cash into GTFC. I do question, as we all do, what the *realistic* capacity of BP is, and also the reality of the matchday experience for those fans who aren't STH but who typically travel to matches together in small groups.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 135 - 137
GyMariner
September 30, 2022, 2:53pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from RichMariner
The issue for me, using the Bradford game as an example (because it's on a Saturday and I expect it to be a sell-out), is that, as an exile, it's unlikely me and a few mates will be able to get seats together (unless we're prepared to accept restricted views).

So, while I get Jason's point of view, I think match tickets become a problem well before we start selling out. I don't really want to sit apart from my mates when I can finally (after much effort) make it back for a match.

STH giving their seats up for matches they can't make is the right direction. The system/process needs refining and communicating better, but it'll help.

Those of us who couldn't afford the outlay of a season ticket up front, or couldn't guarantee how many matches we'd be able to make at BP this season, have to deal with not sitting together when we do come back.

This is no criticism of us selling close to 6k season tickets - that's fantastic for the club (and its finances) and I'm glad so many fans are putting their cash into GTFC. I do question, as we all do, what the *realistic* capacity of BP is, and also the reality of the matchday experience for those fans who aren't STH but who typically travel to matches together in small groups.

Sums my feelings up perfectly. We simply don’t have the capacity. We have a group of about 10 lads (shift workers) who have accepted the fact we will never get tickets together so have resorted to watching this season on the TV! It’s a strange feeling because this is the first season in about 10-15 years we won’t be watching town live! It’s a nice problem to have and shows how far we’ve come. As long as it’s being reviewed and not ignored then we’re happy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 137
lee65
September 30, 2022, 3:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
The comments from RichMariner and GyMariner are spot on.

As a fan of 45+ years but an exile for a big proportion of that, I'm really pleased at the direction of travel by the club currently and it's a great time to be a Mariners fan
It is however a bit annoying to hear the mantra that as we're not selling all the seats there's no real issue yet.

Over a week ahead of Tuesdays game, the only 3 tickets I could get together (not restricted) were in the Osmond corner with a less than ideal view (though I must admit it gives a different perspective on the game)

Looking over to the left there were plenty of empty seats in the Upper
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 137
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason and Debbie on DN35

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.