jamesgtfc
September 23, 2022, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,971
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from forza ivano

Then may I suggest you (and others) get in contact with the Trust & DC with your concerns. I'm not disagreeing with you and I'm sympathetic with the view that why should people have to buy restricted view ,uncomfortable seats, when there is a better alternative available.
I don't usually criticise 1878 but it's 1 area where I'm surprised at their instransigence - surely we need to be making the whole match day 'experience' as comfortable as possible.By their stance of not freeing up the Ossie blocks early they are de incentivising people to come. Surely it make sense to sell the decent seats and then offer the restricted views after that, not before?

I have actually contacted the Trust, they are doing an audit of restricted view seats and explained that the club is looking at additional capacity but it must generate a return, like Andrew said last night. I'd like to know what they consider an acceptable payback to be. For me, a fan is for life, and giving young people or fairweather supporters a decent experience could easily secure their income for over 50 years. As people stop going regularly due to moving away, ill health and the inevitable death, we need to make sure there is always a steady flow of newcomers coming in otherwise the current generation of kids won't be interested in years to come and attendances risk falling off a cliff.

It's good that the club are looking at it, the acid test is season ticket sales next season. I think the club need to look at the possibility of moving some season ticket holders along to turn random single seats into 2's, 3's and 4's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 137
forza ivano
September 23, 2022, 8:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,207
Gold Stars: 265
ps re my summing up yesterday (post 16); have now relistened to the interview and  it really reinforces my point
It's very noticeable that DC has dealt with the staffing question ;was v. polite and diplomatic but at 24.00 JS jumps in , and it's obvious he's got a bee in his bonnet as he goes into it for 2.5 - 3 minutes!
he's actually q. disparaging about the previous regime, and the way it was run, which is a sea change compared to his previous very measured, neutral views on JF. Says 2016 was missed opportunity and it wasn't going to happen again. Reiterated that DC has their full support and they are driving her to improve every aspect of the club. Makes it very clear that standards weren't anywhere near good enough and that too many people were used to doing things a certain way and some were unable to deal with change. There was  a lot of inertia.Pretty obvious that they weren't sorry to lose those people. 'QUITE FRANKLY WE NEED TO IMPROVE EVERYWHERE' is both a quote and a damning indictment
Reinforced by this ' certain standards we are used to seeing is where the bar is now. .We want people to come with us on those terms, but if they don't then we leave on good terms. SOME PEOPLE MIGHT DECIDE NOT T TURN THE PAGE WITH US & THAT'S FINE'
my capitals.

He didn't get to be a multi, multi millionaire without being ruthless and i think those 2-3 minutes showed the pussycat bearing its teeth and claws!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 137
IlkleyMariner
September 23, 2022, 9:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Organisations who don’t think they can get better fail.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 137
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2022, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
I think there is a difference between no shows and not able to attend, some people including myself have had a season ticket for ages but quite often I can’t make Tuesday games, not through choice. I’ll have a look at the release button and like many won’t ask for anything in return.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 137
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2022, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Any chance of an update on replica shirts? Hearing there’s still no stock. Didn’t think it was worth a new thread but just wondered if anyone knows what’s going on?
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 137
forza ivano
September 23, 2022, 9:18pm

Exile
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Any chance of an update on replica shirts? Hearing there’s still no stock. Didn’t think it was worth a new thread but just wondered if anyone knows what’s going on?

another batch of shirts next month
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 137
forza ivano
September 23, 2022, 9:25pm

Exile
my wife ,who employs a couple of hundred people, is a huge fan of JS and has just listened to the relevant part of the I.V. Her immediate thought that was that this was a planned intervention and was probably aimed at  the staff in the club who 'hadn't turned the page'. It's a not uncommon strategy apparently - going public and forcing the issue.
May well be that they've felt they've given these people the benefit of the doubt for  a year and now's the time to up the ante
Obviously no evidence to back this up, just the observations of someone who employs a large number of unionised staff , who aren't always quite as flexible as she might like!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 137
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2022, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
ps re my summing up yesterday (post 16); have now relistened to the interview and  it really reinforces my point
It's very noticeable that DC has dealt with the staffing question ;was v. polite and diplomatic but at 24.00 JS jumps in , and it's obvious he's got a bee in his bonnet as he goes into it for 2.5 - 3 minutes!
he's actually q. disparaging about the previous regime, and the way it was run, which is a sea change compared to his previous very measured, neutral views on JF. Says 2016 was missed opportunity and it wasn't going to happen again. Reiterated that DC has their full support and they are driving her to improve every aspect of the club. Makes it very clear that standards weren't anywhere near good enough and that too many people were used to doing things a certain way and some were unable to deal with change. There was  a lot of inertia.Pretty obvious that they weren't sorry to lose those people. 'QUITE FRANKLY WE NEED TO IMPROVE EVERYWHERE' is both a quote and a damning indictment
Reinforced by this ' certain standards we are used to seeing is where the bar is now. .We want people to come with us on those terms, but if they don't then we leave on good terms. SOME PEOPLE MIGHT DECIDE NOT T TURN THE PAGE WITH US & THAT'S FINE'
my capitals.

He didn't get to be a multi, multi millionaire without being ruthless and i think those 2-3 minutes showed the pussycat bearing its teeth and claws!

Bit in bold works for me, anyone who had been to more than a handful of games or had a regular association with GTFC would know that during the Fenty years and before if I'm honest some enthusiastic amateurs had really important roles, as time went on the enthusiasm was no doubt kicked out of them by their despot leader and that led to some shocking levels of engagement across all levels and service delivery.

At all levels and in all roles the owners and DC need to hold themselves to account to get the best people, they can to work for the club and it's supporters and IMHO they are and have been doing exactly that.

My belief is that clubs at are level don't sustainably progress by making the odd "name" signing and paying reasonable players exceptional wages they progress by clear leadership on and off the field executing a clear and simple plan that engages everyone for the betterment of the club and equitable outcomes.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 137
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2022, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from forza ivano
my wife ,who employs a couple of hundred people, is a huge fan of JS and has just listened to the relevant part of the I.V. Her immediate thought that was that this was a planned intervention and was probably aimed at  the staff in the club who 'hadn't turned the page'. It's a not uncommon strategy apparently - going public and forcing the issue.
May well be that they've felt they've given these people the benefit of the doubt for  a year and now's the time to up the ante
Obviously no evidence to back this up, just the observations of someone who employs a large number of unionised staff , who aren't always quite as flexible as she might like!

I understand the logic but have to say that, anecdotally, it isn’t going down well. Not totally convinced that a football club can be run in the same way as a normal corporate organisation.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 137
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2022, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
Obviously no evidence to back this up, just the observations of someone who employs a large number of unionised staff , who aren't always quite as flexible as she might like

I'd agree with this and my view is also based upon relevant experience and my current role in term of numbers similar to Mrs Forza. I think JS was in a relatively comfortable place to make his statement re this as it looks like the new leadership have pretty much evaluated all the key non playing roles and more importantly made affirmative decisions to ensure we have the best person for the job. What I would suspect is for everyone who hasn't wanted/been able to change I'd suspect there are plenty of others who have bought into the new regime and how they want things to operate and personally grown in the process.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason and Debbie on DN35

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.