pen penfras
September 26, 2022, 4:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from HerveJosse

I am a bit sceptical about this sold but empty seat thing looking round the ground on Saturday I couldn’t see 700 sold but empty seats. It predisposes the counting is accurate. Not sure how accurate waiving a hand held device in the general direction of my season ticket is when there are long queues waiting to get in

When their player was down injured, it did it zoom in to all three stands it can see and their were absolutely loads of empty seats with reserved on it. I  counted in 6 blocks a few weeks ago and got about 40 empty seats per block. That's ignoring the top rows that are out of sight and possibly empty due to the crap view. It's always been about 10-15% no shows and might be worse now due to long distance holders
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 137
MuddyWaters
September 26, 2022, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HerveJosse

I am a bit sceptical about this sold but empty seat thing looking round the ground on Saturday I couldn’t see 700 sold but empty seats. It predisposes the counting is accurate. Not sure how accurate waiving a hand held device in the general direction of my season ticket is when there are long queues waiting to get in

Around 30 empty seats in front of our block in the Main on Saturday plus the poor view ones at the back.
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 137
lew chaterleys lover
September 26, 2022, 4:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Somebody on Twitter has just pointed out that tomorrow night is a sell-out, on a Tuesday night v Carlisle or anybody in league 2, and we haven't won at home this season, and have scored 3 home league goals. What is demand going to be like after we win a couple of home games? The club should really be much more proactive in getting those extra seats in as a temporary measure. It doesn't matter if some season ticket holders don't show, we have already banked that money and those willing to let their seats be re-sold will always be few.

On Saturday it seemed all the corner Osmond seats were filled and I am pretty confident this would be replicated in temporary seating as people are able to sit together as a group/family instead of scratching around for single/restricted view seats.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 137
DaleH
September 26, 2022, 5:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from arryarryarry

From what I was told I don't think you are far wrong from that.

Well whatever the reason for his resignation, Dave has handled himself with the impeccable class that many of us have come to expect over the years. If Dave say's he has resigned to dedicate more time to his family, then that's reason. I wish him every success in his new job.

In the meantime, I watched the podcast last night and enjoyed it.

Dale
#UTM

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 137
forza ivano
September 26, 2022, 5:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from diehardmariner

Having re-read a few bits I'm pleased to see the Trust are leading on a review of the restricted seats.  Hopefully they're largely taken out of the equation when we look at our capacity because they're simply not fit for purpose.  If we sell them then it should be as a last resort with a reduction of some sorts.

Have missed that news re the Trust. have you got  a link please? Sounds like at least someone is aware of the issue.

As I've said several times before I'd urge people to email debbie witht heir 'case histories' The more evidence she gets of revenue and goodwill having been lost the more likley we are to get some positive action
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 137
Madeleymariner
September 26, 2022, 5:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Had a quick look as thinking about coming up for Crawley game but as nothing together (other than restricted) in upper findus, simply wont pay £22 for a sh1t view, when I can watch on tv. Although I miss out on fish & chips why drive 130 miles each way.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 137
jamesgtfc
September 26, 2022, 5:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,967
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from forza ivano

Have missed that news re the Trust. have you got  a link please? Sounds like at least someone is aware of the issue.

As I've said several times before I'd urge people to email debbie witht heir 'case histories' The more evidence she gets of revenue and goodwill having been lost the more likley we are to get some positive action

I'm happy to create a Google Form document and run it for the whole of October for people to fill in when they've decided not to go to a game and state the reasons (i.e. only single seats, terrible views etc).

I can then forward that info to the Trust at the beginning of November who can drive it forward on our collective behalf.

I've had dialogue with the Trust and posted it in a thread somewhere on here that they are auditing the restricted views and that the club is looking at extra capacity. I'm just not sure Jason wants/sees the requirement for them as much as we do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 137
DB
September 26, 2022, 6:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm happy to create a Google Form document and run it for the whole of October for people to fill in when they've decided not to go to a game and state the reasons (i.e. only single seats, terrible views etc).

I can then forward that info to the Trust at the beginning of November who can drive it forward on our collective behalf.

I've had dialogue with the Trust and posted it in a thread somewhere on here that they are auditing the restricted views and that the club is looking at extra capacity. I'm just not sure Jason wants/sees the requirement for them as much as we do.

It would be interesting to know what is regarded as a FULL HOUSE by 1878. Is it 'bums'  on seats with no empty seats or seats sold ( inc. STH).

The capacity is quoted as just over 9,000 and the forest game, regarded as a full house, had an attendance of 8419, presumably with the rest of the seats under a tarp. There may have been isolated empty seats elsewhere which were more than likely had been sold; so the 9,000+ figure will never be reached.

We are told that extra seating in the corners depends, apart from the economics, on the stadium being a sell out on a regular basis. So what do 1878 regard as a full house/sellout?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 137
Limerick Mariner
September 26, 2022, 6:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,701
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from diehardmariner

Great post.

Interesting take on the safe standing too.  It was mentioned on the interview (Pettit, I think) that safe standing actually reduces capacity, but I took that as if we converted existing seats to rail seating.   But with your take it could certainly add a different dynamic to the mix.  

May not be popular but I’d like to see the Lower go back to safe standing. Probably the easiest part of BP to convert back. I guess two blocks of the Pontoon as safe standing would be popular. At least one of the two corners should be safe standing  when capacity is added.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 137
TheRealJohnLewis
September 26, 2022, 6:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

May not be popular but I’d like to see the Lower go back to safe standing. Probably the easiest part of BP to convert back. I guess two blocks of the Pontoon as safe standing would be popular. At least one of the two corners should be safe standing  when capacity is added.

After hearing the podcast I very much doubt safe standing would be introduced as it reduces capacity compared to seats.

Private Message
Reply: 109 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason and Debbie on DN35

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.