male private Nale
August 5, 2022, 8:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Northampton will probably be up there again this season so there is a strong possibility that we lose on Saturday too. If we do, I hope I don't make the mistake of visiting this forum Saturday night.

Anyone visiting this forum on a Saturday night really needs to take a long hard look at what they do with their weekends.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 85
ska face
August 5, 2022, 8:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Maybe the true no.9 is the friends we made along the way?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 85
Northbank Mariner
August 5, 2022, 9:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from wiggers
Evening, if it’s that obvious why we still dicking around? The fans have done their bit, record season ticket sales and sold out shirts. Time for some cash to be splashed on a striker.

If you read what nearly every manager in lower leagues are saying is this ...it's a supply and demand problem that is not unique to GTFC, at present there just is not the strikers out there to get our hands on, certainly not with budget we have and I, for one, can't identify a striker we could afford.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 85
Rodley Mariner
August 5, 2022, 9:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from male private Nale

Anyone visiting this forum on a Saturday night really needs to take a long hard look at what they do with their weekends.

Yeah everyone should try to be as cool as the guy posting under the pseudonym 'male private Nale'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 85
AussieMariner
August 5, 2022, 9:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
The fans are responding to the commitment the new owners have already made. Matching it big time admittedly but the concept that ‘the fans have done their bit, it’s time for the club to match their commitment’ is complete and utter BS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 85
chaos33
August 5, 2022, 10:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We have record season ticket sales, promotion prize money and have sold every shirt we can get hold of. In addition, we’ve sold our star player - isn’t that sufficient reason not to write off the first 6 games of the season? We are behind the game already but it’s ok, we’ve repainted the Main Stand.

I dont get your points. Who’s writing the first six games off,  and how are we ‘behind already’?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 85
August 5, 2022, 10:13am
Guest User
Quoted from wiggers

It’s about pushing on, it’s the reason Hurst never stuck around last time. We need to keep improving. We are not going to score enough goals with the current crop of forward players. Action is needed now! Pay the money sign a decent striker.

You think that's all you have to do.  There is no shop that I know of where you can walk in and buy a striker off the shelf.  I remember saying something like this before, but it appears to have gone over the heads of a few people.

So, for a start the fee PH offers may not be good enough, even if it was, the contract offered to the player could have been turned down.  Perhaps he didn't want to move to Grimsby for whatever reason.  Maybe when PH talked with him, and to others about him, there were things he didn't like about his character.  I could go on and on stating the many reasons PH can't get his man, but I am quite happy to wait and see what other gem he uncovers.

Reply: 36 - 85
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
August 5, 2022, 11:24am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from chaos33

I dont get your points. Who’s writing the first six games off,  and how are we ‘behind already’?

Can't you SEE. Don't you UNDERSTAND.

We LOST a game. We've SOLD our best player, he's staying to have his operation though. We haven't spent a SQUILLION quid on a MARQUEE signing. It's all going to HELL in a HANDCART and theres no bloody decent CHEESE.

PANIC PANIC its all excrement

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 85
aldi_01
August 5, 2022, 11:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Comedy gold this thread…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 85
chaos33
August 5, 2022, 11:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360

Can't you SEE. Don't you UNDERSTAND.

We LOST a game. We've SOLD our best player, he's staying to have his operation though. We haven't spent a SQUILLION quid on a MARQUEE signing. It's all going to HELL in a HANDCART and theres no bloody decent CHEESE.

PANIC PANIC its all excrement

😂

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The one thing missing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.