9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
August 6, 2022, 11:47am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
To add fuel to the fire , it sadly appears that the club owners are more intent on building the corporate team than the playing one, with their seemingly constant notices on the club site for executive vacancies and ancillary staff. It reminds me of the Bignot era, who clearly couldn't walk the walk, and tried to surround himself with others who could cover his failings - until JF twigged him trying to spend his money.  

Controversial -  yes , but I know I'm not the first to notice.

We are going to need a bigger office!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 85
chaos33
August 6, 2022, 12:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Don’t worry. Chaos seems to like picking fault.

I didn’t pick fault. There’s an irony in you saying that which seems to have escaped you, given your propensity to perpetual criticism of all manner of things.

I merely stated that the player’s stats were not very good. I have no actual informed opinion as to his ability as a striker, having never seen him play.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 85
chaos33
August 6, 2022, 12:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
To add fuel to the fire , it sadly appears that the club owners are more intent on building the corporate team than the playing one, with their seemingly constant notices on the club site for executive vacancies and ancillary staff. It reminds me of the Bignot era, who clearly couldn't walk the walk, and tried to surround himself with others who could cover his failings - until JF twigged him trying to spend his money.  

Cobblers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 85
MuddyWaters
August 6, 2022, 12:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Are you seriously asking that they should justify any non-playing appointments with an explanation of what impact it will have on the playing budget? Do you want people who are going to try to build a professional acting and sustainable club or just someone to spunk a load of money on a couple of names you recognise?

It’s their business and they can do what they like but I’m not aware that prevents others from having a point of view, does it?
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 85
MrThirsty
August 6, 2022, 12:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4

Don’t think crass stupid trolling counts as being controversial
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 85
chaos33
August 6, 2022, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It’s their business and they can do what they like but I’m not aware that prevents others from having a point of view, does it?

He didn’t say you shouldn’t have a point of view - he just challenged it. That’s ok isn’t it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 85
DB
August 6, 2022, 12:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386

Have you considered that the corporate team was spread that thin on the ground and had to cover multiple roles for the previous regime? We now have very successful professionals charge who can see where the none playing staff need bolstering. This has already been done on the playing side, as you know there was only Hurst, Doig and Moore. We now have a team of staff to support the players.

1878 put the field operation first and foremost and are now concentrating on the non playing side. As JS has said they have a plan.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 85
monkeyboy
August 6, 2022, 12:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Give essel a game. He’s a striker. He’s in the first team squad.
He knows where the goal is, we all happy to take other kids on from other teams but what about our own. If they never play they will never move on.
Who knows he could be a revaluation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 85
marinerjase
August 6, 2022, 12:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from MuddyWaters

All you do is look for negatives..faults..

How tiresome that must be.

There’s a group of about 5 or 10 on here of same mindset.

Each to their own and all that I guess.

Can’t wait to read another meltdown at 5pm..

Honest..

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 85
Wedidntdidwe
August 6, 2022, 12:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +372
Gold Stars: 22

Our owners said they aren't football people so PH controls the playing side of business. Would you like an advert on the club site saying "Striker wanted, must score at least 20 goals per season, wage negotiable, applications to be posted on the Fishy for approval before shortlisting to the management "
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but when that opinion is just plain wrong try accepting it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The one thing missing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.