WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 6, 2022, 12:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from DB

1878 put the field operation first and foremost and are now concentrating on the non playing side. As JS has said they have a plan.

I think things pre 1878 were a bit…..

Attachment: 454e6f1be4494dccbc1538ab33ea91fe_4144.webp
97 downloads   -   Size: 24.31 KB

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 85
MuddyWaters
August 6, 2022, 12:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from marinerjase

All you do is look for negatives..faults..

How tiresome that must be.

There’s a group of about 5 or 10 on here of same mindset.

Each to their own and all that I guess.

Can’t wait to read another meltdown at 5pm..

Honest..

I’m more than happy with loads of aspects of the club but I’m not going to stop being concerned about the various weaknesses in the squad. If that offends you then so be it and if you’re happy with everything then good for you. I’ll just remind you that the most important outcome at a football club is the result. That’s why I buy our season tickets. Football. Results.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 85
forza ivano
August 6, 2022, 2:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m more than happy with loads of aspects of the club but I’m not going to stop being concerned about the various weaknesses in the squad. If that offends you then so be it and if you’re happy with everything then good for you. I’ll just remind you that the most important outcome at a football club is the result. That’s why I buy our season tickets. Football. Results.

really - so  winning a few games is more important than the existence of the club is it?
Far more important that 1878 are trying to improve the club on and off the pitch, rather than spunking a load of money on a couple of players for the sake of it

ps - could you, and the other doubters, please tell me which of the recent advertised vacancies are unnecessary?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 85
Rodley Mariner
August 6, 2022, 2:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’ll just remind you that the most important outcome at a football club is the result. That’s why I buy our season tickets. Football. Results.

We literally got promoted two months ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 85
Maringer
August 6, 2022, 2:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I think the best way to go about things is if 1878 write a post on the Fishy for every new non-playing role they want to create at the club and the Fishy collective can then vote on it to decide whether it is required or not.

OK, I know that Stockwood and Pettit have decades of experience running successful businesses, but I'm sure they could still learn a thing or two from some random guys on a football forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 85
jamesgtfc
August 6, 2022, 6:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
A lot of these positions we've been recruiting for are just getting us somewhere near where other clubs at our level are.

Debbie, Andrew and Jason should have very little day to day involvement with the more simple things, they should be making more difficult and meaningful decisions which is why these appointments are necessary.

I'd also say that a well staffed commercial department should more than pay for itself if everyone is competent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The one thing missing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.