August 5, 2022, 3:43pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +352
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Transfer window ends when it ends. Including loans.

Still 3 weeks to go.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 85
HertsGTFC
August 5, 2022, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
6 pages on an OP that was blindly obvious?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 85
ska face
August 5, 2022, 4:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from HertsGTFC
6 pages on an OP that was blindly obvious?

I’d advise you to avoid the “let’s count to a million thread”
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 85
LocalLadGTFC
August 5, 2022, 4:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3,938
Gold Stars: 129
Based off Instagram.. it looks like Mcatee isn’t in need of a shoulder operation.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 85
Northbank Mariner
August 5, 2022, 4:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Based off Instagram.. it looks like Mcatee isn’t in need of a shoulder operation.

If you're going off last night's post, that was his brother James...unless you've seen something I haven't?🤔🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 85
livvo
August 5, 2022, 5:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +133
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from wiggers

It’s about pushing on, it’s the reason Hurst never stuck around last time. We need to keep improving. We are not going to score enough goals with the current crop of forward players. Action is needed now! Pay the money sign a decent striker.

Who do you suggest we splash money on? Genuine question
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 85
Northbank Mariner
August 5, 2022, 6:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
"It’s about pushing on, it’s the reason Hurst never stuck around last time. We need to keep improving. We are not going to score enough goals with the current crop of forward players. Action is needed now! Pay the money sign a decent striker"...

I need to address this stupidist of stupid statements...
Hurst left because of lack investment and an owner who reneged on contracts of our best players.
He left because of Fenty, that's the crux of the matter, so before you go shouting off, engage brain before fingers, please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 85
wiggers
August 5, 2022, 6:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
I can see a lot of people don’t agree with my original post about the owners stumping up the cash required to purchase a quality striker. There aren’t any apparently…..😂
I stand by what I said, we are not going to score enough goals in this division without one. Plenty of lower league clubs have decent strikers, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that we do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 85
ginnywings
August 5, 2022, 7:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I think PH is trying to find a suitable experienced striker to sign for us, but is obviously finding it difficult to secure one and the nearer we get to deadline day, the more likely it will be that we take one or two on loan instead.

There will hopefully be a few that become available as the deadline approaches and they find themselves down the pecking order, or not got the move they wanted and reassess their sights.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 85
MuddyWaters
August 5, 2022, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings
I think PH is trying to find a suitable experienced striker to sign for us, but is obviously finding it difficult to secure one and the nearer we get to deadline day, the more likely it will be that we take one or two on loan instead.

There will hopefully be a few that become available as the deadline approaches and they find themselves down the pecking order, or not got the move they wanted and reassess their sights.

I hear/see/read names like Sam Winnall and Tom Elliott and think their agents are hanging on for a maximum payout. Playing the game, hopefully it ends up with us getting a decent, experienced striker and a couple of attack minded loans.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The one thing missing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.