Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Covid passports for football
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 228 Guests

Covid passports for football

This thread currently has 16,068 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
December 15, 2021, 11:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,505
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from RobDef1

And this is my personal case, but not very far fetched. The vaccine is a genuine risk (fatal risk, in the case of 1645 people and their families) to many people for many reasons, reasons that are none of our business. Forcing them upon anybody is wrong.

Don't be so ridiculous. The harms reported in the vast majority of the Yellow Card reports are absolutely nothing to do with the vaccination. To my knowledge, the risk of heart problems with the mRNA vaccines haven't led to any reported deaths at all, around the world. The Adenovirus vaccines (AZ and the J&J which isn't used in the UK), can cause a clotting issue on very rare occasions, but a lot less than 100 people have died in the UK from millions of doses given:

https://www.gov.uk/government/.....9-vaccine-foi-21-496

Incidentally, it seems you are certain that Omicron is milder than Delta or earlier variants. It's an interesting view, but there is no data to show this is true one way or the other yet. The problem is that, even if it is milder than the earlier variants it is so, so infectious that it is likely that it will find its way into enough vulnerable people to be very dangerous, especially if they all become infected in a very short period. Over 80,000 people died in the big Alpha wave which lasted 4 or 5 months and it seems that one or two modellers think there are likely to be perhaps third to a half of that number for Omicron, albeit compressed into a shorter period. Let's hope they are right, though 30,000+ deaths aren't anything to be happy about.

As for footy, with the case rates we're going to be seeing over the next month or two, I simply can't see how the football season can continue without a break. Loads of the players, officials and pretty much anybody involved in the running of a game will be infected or isolating over the next month or two so I suspect we'll see play suspended, perhaps after Boxing Day, until a future date. Probably during February or March. A bit more leeway this season as the World Cup isn't going to be played until November/December so there wouldn't be the rush to get all the fixtures played if it was a summer competition. It wouldn't be difficult to rejig the season a bit more so that it didn't start until September and then continued to June 2023.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 193
Maringer
December 15, 2021, 11:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,505
Gold Stars: 185
Incidentally, first time I've heard of a contraindication to use of an mRNA vaccine that is heart-related, especially as the risks of heart complications are much higher from infection. I'm assuming that the case is the same with Omicron as the earlier variants.

The Novavax vaccine should be authorised before too long. Shouldn't be even the same small risk of a heart problem with that particular type of vaccine, I'd have thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 193
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
December 16, 2021, 6:36am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Maringer
Incidentally, first time I've heard of a contraindication to use of an mRNA vaccine that is heart-related, especially as the risks of heart complications are much higher from infection. I'm assuming that the case is the same with Omicron as the earlier variants.

The Novavax vaccine should be authorised before too long. Shouldn't be even the same small risk of a heart problem with that particular type of vaccine, I'd have thought.

You Sir, are an absolute idiot, I feel embarrassed to support the same club as you. Are you a member of Sage?

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 193
fishcake63
December 16, 2021, 6:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
My mates an arsenal fan he didn't get asked for anything last night at the emirates , he reckons they randomly checked 1-1000 , not possible to check everybody , i still think it's a crap idea from a poor pm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 193
louth_in_the_south
December 16, 2021, 7:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,682
Gold Stars: 96
I always thought vaccines were supposed to be an answer to medical problems, not as a way to be be allowed to go to the pub or a football match ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 193
aldi_01
December 16, 2021, 7:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from fishcake63
My mates an arsenal fan he didn't get asked for anything last night at the emirates , he reckons they randomly checked 1-1000 , not possible to check everybody , i still think it's a crap idea from a poor pm

This was the case at Leeds festival, well certainly was for me. Understandably, their focus was on illicit substances and dangerous prohibited items.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 193
golfer
December 16, 2021, 8:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Yesterday when the Precinct was fairly quiet I waited while the wife went into Next and during a 10 minute period I counted 13 people who were not wearing a mask. The majority of these were 20 something year old males who i am pretty sure weren't exempt. Grow up you selfish bstards and think of other people before you kill someone. I don't suppose you care at the moment but when it happens to you I hope you'll be squealing like a baby.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 193
aldi_01
December 16, 2021, 8:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from golfer
Yesterday when the Precinct was fairly quiet I waited while the wife went into Next and during a 10 minute period I counted 13 people who were not wearing a mask. The majority of these were 20 something year old males who i am pretty sure weren't exempt. Grow up you selfish bstards and think of other people before you kill someone. I don't suppose you care at the moment but when it happens to you I hope you'll be squealing like a baby.

What’s your view on folk who wear those cloth, ‘fashion’ type masks which barely get washed and have been shown to see free little protection? Genuine question….

For me, if you’re going to wear one then surely a medical 🏥 me or one use is better than some cloth affair…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 193
golfer
December 16, 2021, 9:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Anything is better than nothing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 193
Humbercod
December 16, 2021, 9:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from golfer

Kill someone 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 193
20 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Covid passports for football

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.