Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Covid passports for football
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 202 Guests

Covid passports for football

This thread currently has 16,022 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
December 10, 2021, 11:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,531
Gold Stars: 96
I recently had Covid, even though I had been double jabbed but prior to the booster, and it was very unpleasant. I am in contact with my niece, who works in epidemiology, and asked her why I had caught Covid even though I was double jabbed. As she explained, the vaccine doesn't give you 100% immunity but in case you do get it then the body has already got the ant-bodies to fight the virus as opposed to it starting from scratch. All I do know is that if my immune system had already got  the anti-bodies to fight Covid then I would have hated to have gone through my recent experience with no protection at all. Admittedly I am in a high risk group being over 70, have had cancer and do have a reduced immune system.
I wonder what all these people who are opposed to the vaccine would do if we had an ebola epidemic and a vaccine was available. Would they still oppose the vaccine and the restrictions?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 193
Ipswin
December 10, 2021, 12:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I am about to start yet another course of chemotheraphy  this time for tumours which have appeared in my lungs. My wife is also at risk due to the immuno suppressant infusions she has every 6 weeks for rheumatoid arthritis. I am 70 my wife is 73 we have done all we can, we are both double jabbed plus boosters, we have continued to wear masks throughout, shop at the crack of dawn to avoid crowds and our youngest granddaughter aged 11 had a positive lateral flow test yesterday so won't be coming this weekend as she awaits her PCR or next to collect her presents etc.

Please can all the anti-vaccination brigade, the won't wear a mask mob and anyone else selfishly minded to ignore any restrictions which may be in force by Christmas (or any time really) or to whine about how inconvenient Covid passports are, just think about others (unlike the fat lying girl private and his sidekicks currently occupying No10)

Thanks

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 193
Squinter
December 10, 2021, 12:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Stadium

So are you quite happy to force vaccinations onto persons?

Yes 100%,  but we don't live in North Korea so I doubt it would be possible to implement.     There are many people out there that will take offence to this, but in my humble opinion anybody who refuses to have the vaccine  ( apart from those with a valid medical reason ) should therefore by default be refused hospital care if they then catch covid.    The vaccine has been proven to work and cut the risk of needing hospital care.   The NHS has a massive backlog of people needing operations, some people are in constant daily pain and can not get the operations they need because hospitals can't cope with all the covid cases.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 193
aldi_01
December 10, 2021, 1:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Squinter

Yes 100%,  but we don't live in North Korea so I doubt it would be possible to implement.     There are many people out there that will take offence to this, but in my humble opinion anybody who refuses to have the vaccine  ( apart from those with a valid medical reason ) should therefore by default be refused hospital care if they then catch covid.    The vaccine has been proven to work and cut the risk of needing hospital care.   The NHS has a massive backlog of people needing operations, some people are in constant daily pain and can not get the operations they need because hospitals can't cope with all the covid cases.  

You’re extremely naive if you don’t think they’ll try and force it through…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 193
lee65
December 10, 2021, 1:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin
I am about to start yet another course of chemotheraphy  this time for tumours which have appeared in my lungs. My wife is also at risk due to the immuno suppressant infusions she has every 6 weeks for rheumatoid arthritis. I am 70 my wife is 73 we have done all we can, we are both double jabbed plus boosters, we have continued to wear masks throughout, shop at the crack of dawn to avoid crowds and our youngest granddaughter aged 11 had a positive lateral flow test yesterday so won't be coming this weekend as she awaits her PCR or next to collect her presents etc.

Please can all the anti-vaccination brigade, the won't wear a mask mob and anyone else selfishly minded to ignore any restrictions which may be in force by Christmas (or any time really) or to whine about how inconvenient Covid passports are, just think about others (unlike the fat lying girl private and his sidekicks currently occupying No10)

Thanks

I guess if you need a live footy "fix" you could go to Scunny and still avoid crowds  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 193
exiledmeggie
December 10, 2021, 1:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -221
Gold Stars: 18
When can we get back to normal and just worry about being at Blundell Park on a wet cold icy blowy Tuesday night!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 193
Mallyner
December 10, 2021, 1:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
I am very sorry to read about the forum members, who have various serious illnesses.  

With regard to the various comments about Covid jabs, according to the NHS there are supposed to be 1 in 10 people who have needle phobia and perhaps many of the unvaccinated are among them.

I am in no way condoning them but I have it too, although I did have my 3 covid jabs, my first in my arm in about 60 years.

I have tried e-mailing various people who could get something done about it, but with little response and my question is, why is it necessary for newspapers and TV news programmes and websites to show bare needle after needle in articles? Most are distorted images of needles shown closer to the camera than the background, making them look bigger and longer than they are; and totally bizarre drawings.

A recent article in the Daily Mail about Dame Kate Bingham, known as the Vaccine Queen, who had played a massive part in getting people vaccinated, was illustrated with a large dripping needle across the 2 pages.  

To illustrate articles encouraging people to have the jabs, they can't wait to show bare needle after needle, even on articles about children being in line, which I find idiotic; as there are many ways of showing vaccination without showing bare needles.

Imagine there was a disease which originated from spiders and the only way to be protected, was to have a spider on your arm, which quickly and painlessly bit you and injected serum into your arm. The press and TV programs then start filling their articles with photos of spiders; and images of big hairy spiders, with big eyes and massive jaws, how many people with spider phobia would be put off?

I can quite happily handle them.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 193
Squinter
December 10, 2021, 2:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from aldi_01

You’re extremely naive if you don’t think they’ll try and force it through…

Governments are too soft now to try and force anything through like that, they are too worried about losing voters for the next election.   I do think they missed a trick with the latest restrictions though,  get rid of this negative lateral flow test nonsense and just have Covid  vaccination pass or nothing.   Many people would then get the vaccine just to get into venues.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 193
KingstonMariner
December 10, 2021, 2:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mallyner
I am very sorry to read about the forum members, who have various serious illnesses.  

With regard to the various comments about Covid jabs, according to the NHS there are supposed to be 1 in 10 people who have needle phobia and perhaps many of the unvaccinated are among them.

I am in no way condoning them but I have it too, although I did have my 3 covid jabs, my first in my arm in about 60 years.

I have tried e-mailing various people who could get something done about it, but with little response and my question is, why is it necessary for newspapers and TV news programmes and websites to show bare needle after needle in articles? Most are distorted images of needles shown closer to the camera than the background, making them look bigger and longer than they are; and totally bizarre drawings.

A recent article in the Daily Mail about Dame Kate Bingham, known as the Vaccine Queen, who had played a massive part in getting people vaccinated, was illustrated with a large dripping needle across the 2 pages.  

To illustrate articles encouraging people to have the jabs, they can't wait to show bare needle after needle, even on articles about children being in line, which I find idiotic; as there are many ways of showing vaccination without showing bare needles.

Imagine there was a disease which originated from spiders and the only way to be protected, was to have a spider on your arm, which quickly and painlessly bit you and injected serum into your arm. The press and TV programs then start filling their articles with photos of spiders; and images of big hairy spiders, with big eyes and massive jaws, how many people with spider phobia would be put off?

I can quite happily handle them.  

With a bit of luck, this will be available the end of next year.

https://www.helsinkitimes.fi/b.....early-next-year.html

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 193
Mallyner
December 10, 2021, 3:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner

With a bit of luck, this will be available the end of next year.

https://www.helsinkitimes.fi/b.....early-next-year.html

Sounds great Kingston as does the Australian idea, it's a patch that goes on your arm and is patted, as on another site I saw regarding this, the skin is as good at absorbing the ingredients as the arm muscle.

https://thewest.com.au/news/coronavirus/patches-replace-needles-in-new-vax-tech-c-4880286

Once more though why must both sites show bare needles?  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 193
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Covid passports for football

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.