Grim up north
November 2, 2021, 10:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +689
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
I know  -  but remember all our extra income will have to go to paying off a certain JFS?

We will pay it off a lot quicker if we get a quality striker to take us back at the first attempt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 87
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 2, 2021, 10:27pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Abdul19

Not sure, but you can only have 5 in the matchday 16.

That was the mistake Ollie made. He signed 42,or was it 43,on loan but could only name 5 in the squad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 87
rancido
November 2, 2021, 10:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Grim up north
Use some of the profit from the season so far on tempting Cheek up North for the first time in his career, he’s a born sniffer and can also bang the odd screamer like he did against us. He would score goals all the way to L1 level and would get even more in our side who create chances from all over.
Should’ve fought harder to get Tshimanger here as the 250K Chesterfield paid will be peanuts compared to the sell on fee.

Whoever we get (if we do) will be somebody PH wants. Somebody that adds to the squad and fits in with a harmonious dressing room. It's all well and good throwing names around on here but PH knows what he wants, he is the manager and on this I will trust his judgement.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 87
Norseman
November 2, 2021, 10:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from rancido

Whoever we get (if we do) will be somebody PH wants. Somebody that adds to the squad and fits in with a harmonious dressing room. It's all well and good throwing names around on here but PH knows what he wants, he is the manager and on this I will trust his judgement.

Wasn't it his judgement that brought Lewis back .That's worked well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 87
chaos33
November 2, 2021, 10:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
That’s a balanced view

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 87
HertsGTFC
November 2, 2021, 10:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Grim up north
Use some of the profit from the season so far on tempting Cheek up North for the first time in his career, he’s a born sniffer and can also bang the odd screamer like he did against us. He would score goals all the way to L1 level and would get even more in our side who create chances from all over.
Should’ve fought harder to get Tshimanger here as the 250K Chesterfield paid will be peanuts compared to the sell on fee.

Cheek is a leery Southern tw@t (I know he was born in Nuneaton but I added that for effect) but scores 1 in 2 on average so he'd be ideal and arguably the type of player we have missing ATM, but I would imagine he'd get a nose bleed anywhere North of Watford, it would be nice to get him though as it would really p1ss off that bell end Woodman.  

In terms of buying a player for £250K and paying him stupid money (at this level) which I'd assume the lad who went to Chesterfield is no doubt earning I can't see us doing that for lots of reasons. When Hurst was here before I remember an interview he did with RH where he talked about the impact of a lack of wage structure and how it can disrupt a squad.  

This may sound an odd comment from a supporter who wants us to get promoted but I would have been quite concerned if we'd have spent that kind of money on a player when the whole squad left behind by Holloway needed a couple of windows to truly strengthen.  

It's a bit of a dilemma though as if you bring in a free agent or someone who's not been playing at their club they'll take a bit to get going when we need an instant impact.

I think you could bring another U23 in on loan but that would mean we have 6 and can only name 5 in a squad which would p1ss off the parent club of the lad that misses our and potentially endangering any other loans from that club in the future.

I still think he'll wait to January when the market opens up a bit and there will be a few players in the last year of their deal who may want to jump now rather than being stranded in the summer.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 87
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 2, 2021, 11:01pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 117
Ryan Seager at Hungerford Town could be worth a punt. 8 goals in 10 games. Previously played for Southampton and a handful of loan teams. Hardly scored any goals in his first 6 years but the has seemed to have run into some decent form having scored over 20 goals in last season and the first 10 games of this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 87
Poojah
November 2, 2021, 11:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,515
Gold Stars: 1,500
Ryan Seager at Hungerford Town could be worth a punt. 8 goals in 10 games. Previously played for Southampton and a handful of loan teams. Hardly scored any goals in his first 6 years but the has seemed to have run into some decent form having scored over 20 goals in last season and the first 10 games of this season

Southampton are a funny club for holding onto 'young' players that clearly aren't going to make it at the top level and most likely several tiers below. I don't know much about Seager but he's 25 now and at Hungerford, and was only released two years ago.

Tommy Forecast meanwhile was kept on their books until just a couple of months short of his 27th birthday, before they finally let him go. I mean, you hear of late developers and all that, but fúcking hell...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 87
Abdul19
November 3, 2021, 12:09am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Tbf R Thomas didn't go there til he was nearly 22

(that 5 year deal makes Montel Gibson's 3 look shrewd!)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 87
jamesgtfc
November 3, 2021, 10:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Abdul19
Tbf R Thomas didn't go there til he was nearly 22

(that 5 year deal makes Montel Gibson's 3 look shrewd!)

Wasn't Forecast part of Bale moving to Spurs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We need to bring in that extra striker ASAP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.