Abdul19
November 3, 2021, 11:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Wasn't Forecast part of Bale moving to Spurs?

He moved a year later, as part of a 'renegotiation' of Bale's sell on clause. Shrewd bit of business by Saints.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/mike-walters-meets-tommy-forecast-2257918

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 87
diehardmariner
November 4, 2021, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,588
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from toontown

Didn't we try that in the game mcatee came on in about the 70th minute? Think we have tried something like that a couple of times. Never really worked.

I think bapaga could play the mcatee role but we would definitely lose something work rate wise. However I would hope bapagas seemingly very high efficiency of end product in terms of penalties/assists/goals might make up for that.

You're right, we did.  Against Eastleigh.  Although I wonder how much the flatness of that was down to a bit of the Lord Mayor's show after the Wrexham game.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 87
diehardmariner
November 4, 2021, 11:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,588
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from pontoonlew

It all sounds reasonable and you put a good argument forward but if the ball didn’t constantly ping off LJL, it would’ve allowed the forward players to get forward.

As it happened, the ball didn’t stay up there long enough to get the wide players involved.

I also thought a key part was Clifton not being at his best, Bapaga should’ve been on way before he was.

I get what you're saying and in previous games this season I'd have agreed.  I just didn't think LJL did bad at all on Saturday, far from it.  
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 87
promotion plaice
November 6, 2021, 5:01pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Bump

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 87
The_Chief
November 6, 2021, 6:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +302
Need a couple of new strikers and different types of strikers too.

Would like to see a forward so that we can go to a plan B if a game is looking a bit stale, so we can go a bit more direct.  We are too predictable and easy to defend against IF Taylor or McAtee are out.  Yes, we need to play the beautiful game, but sometimes we need to mix it and get it forward quicker.

A proper beast of a player, who we can wheel on with 10-15 mins to go, who isn't afraid of putting himself about (just within the laws of the game or not), roughing up a few centre backs, causing them to deal with a different challenge.  Might not score himself, but midfielders or other players can poke home from the scraps and general carnage left in his wake.  

McAtee and Taylor are sharing the goals evenly. But no other striker is causing other teams problems.  Young Harry and Waterfall are our next highest scorers.

It'd be interesting to see how Chesterfield will cope if Tshimanga gets injured ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 87
Vance Warner
November 6, 2021, 6:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
For those of you having a meltdown we’ve got a manager who’s recruitment across 2 spells has been better than any other manager in my 30 years of following town. No one else comes close for signing quality players on a budget.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 87
dapperz fun pub
November 6, 2021, 6:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Vance Warner
For those of you having a meltdown we’ve got a manager who’s recruitment across 2 spells has been better than any other manager in my 30 years of following town. No one else comes close for signing quality players on a budget.

And to balance things he never once built a team to challenge for the title
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 87
Vance Warner
November 6, 2021, 7:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

And to balance things he never once built a team to challenge for the title

And neither has anyone else in my 30 years of watching town. Hence the original point. If you can name a better manager that we’ve had for recruitment then crack on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 87
GrimRob
November 6, 2021, 8:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Vance Warner

And neither has anyone else in my 30 years of watching town. Hence the original point. If you can name a better manager that we’ve had for recruitment then crack on.

That's why we should splash the cash and pay a reasonable transfer fee, as we trust his judgement. Free agents are one thing, we must have exhausted them by now, and if so we need to get someone who is not in the shop window.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 78 - 87
Vance Warner
November 6, 2021, 9:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

That's why we should splash the cash and pay a reasonable transfer fee, as we trust his judgement. Free agents are one thing, we must have exhausted them by now, and if so we need to get someone who is not in the shop window.

Because splashing the cash is working so well for Wrexham and Stockport. Not to mention the impact that breaking a wage structure can have on a team. Anyway how do you know we’re not willing to pay a fee for someone?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We need to bring in that extra striker ASAP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.