arryarryarry
October 30, 2021, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from oochiad

LJLs cross??? Are you mental, give the guy some credit. It was a shot……

I thought it was a cross to the far post.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 131
ginnywings
October 30, 2021, 9:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought it was a cross to the far post.

Me too, but would have been great for him and the team had it dropped in.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 131
Roast Em Bobby
October 30, 2021, 9:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
I was right behind the line of it in the Main Stand and it was definitely an intended shot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 131
zorro_is_a_Mariner
October 30, 2021, 10:01pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Thought hunt played well today kept the ball ticking and fox and coke battled well out of possession we just lacked that goal in what would of been a decent performance.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 131
acko338
October 30, 2021, 10:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
The 2 main forwards out, and the 3rd in line only having played 2 games and no pre season.

The stronger right back out, and his replacement gets injured making Town play a left sided player on the right.

So many pull back fouls missed by the ref.

No one having accurate shooting boots on.

The free kick and corner deliverer having an off day.

A good high possesion side not keeling over to plan.

Result - we are still 2nd in the table, more than many thought at season start, so keep expectations realistic !

A bad results week and the no.10 out for a month.

Time perhaps for a bit of action to bring in a couple of short loan reinforcements while the injured recover.

Big changes next week and another 7 days for some injuries to come good, hopefully.

Still a great start to the season and the next step in the learning curve to break down tight teams.

We could be Southend, THEN you could moan !!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 131
joe56
October 30, 2021, 10:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I was right behind the line of it in the Main Stand and it was definitely an intended shot

So was I, and I totally agree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 131
TAGG
October 30, 2021, 11:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,949
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’d like to see Crocombe given a start again in the Cup and, if we win, then given a go in the league.

On this forum you get hung for slagging off LJL but when it comes to Macca you can say what the intercourse you want.
Today he did what he had to do, the save from the free kick and the save before the goal, what the fook

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 131
HertsGTFC
October 30, 2021, 11:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Couple of additional thoughts as I did the 3 hour drive home ……

- Thought Coke played well today and the balance between him and Hunt was really good.

- This season in reality Macca has had little to do which is credit to the back 4 but means the lad from NZ needs to start in the cup to keep Macca under pressure.

- Anyone know what happened Sears, wrist I assume.

- Our fitness is generally good under Hurst but can’t help thinking Notts had a bit more in the tank come the last 10 minutes.

If Notts County are considered contenders then we’ll have no problem comfortably making the play offs at least.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 131
Maringer
October 30, 2021, 11:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,560
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Sorry but I don't agree with that at all. He's always available to receive the ball in tight spaces with opposing players around him and he very rarely loses possession of the ball. Some of his first touch passes into the feet of our forwards today were sublime (something very few players in this league are capable of). He's a deep lying central midfielder not a forward or a number 10, and he's a big part of why we dominated a midfield that was supposed to be very good at keeping possession, and is crucial in linking the defence with the attack.

I wasn't intending to be too critical, just more a sense that I'm disappointed he's not been more incisive much of the time - probably because he's doing so much of the link-up stuff deep in our own half. He's certainly capable of passing the ball into the feet of the forwards but didn't manage it too often today, because he was generally receiving the ball between our 18 yard box and the halfway line.

Get the ball to him 15 or 20 yards further forward and he'll create much more of a threat. The question is whether or not we can get the ball to him in the right areas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 131
Plankton
October 30, 2021, 11:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from HertsGTFC

- Anyone know what happened Sears, wrist I assume.

He went into a tackle and lent awkwardly on his elbow from my view and my initial reaction was that he dislocated his shoulder, this was my thought before he appeared to show difficulty.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 131
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.