moosey_club
October 30, 2021, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from toontown
Completely dominated territoriality and very dominant possession wise against a possession based team. It was a total smash abd grab from them, they offered nothing and looked pretty poor but there you go

Or...they contained us without really being troubled

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 131
moosey_club
October 30, 2021, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

According to the pre-match from Hurst, he tried to sign a striker from a championship and a L1 club.

Firstly, you need a striker to complement what you have.
Secondly, they have to have the desire to come.

Thirdly....he has known since July/ August we have been light in the striking dept......6 points gone in a week cos we can't manage a decent effort on target for all our possession.  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 131
Fillipe Noche
October 30, 2021, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

You will get shot for saying that on here

How?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 131
lew chaterleys lover
October 30, 2021, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ginnywings
Two games without our two best attackers and no goals scored, with two 1-0 defeats. Think the problem is obvious.

I thought we were better than them and if anyone deserved to win, it was us. Would have settled for a draw but our mistakes led to their two moments of danger in the second half.

Decent performance without the cutting edge. Too many nearly moments when a better pass/cross/shot could have led to a goal.

They got the luck that the parry fell straight into their path and no time to recover.

Our high press worked well, but we didn't have the players on the pitch in forward areas to capitalise. We will play worse and win.

Nearly, but not quite.

An excellent summary. I still can't believe some of the quality in our build-up play - the best for years.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 131
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 30, 2021, 7:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

How?

Jane Austen bot:

“I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant. You alone have brought me to Bath. For you alone, I think and plan. Have you not seen this? Can you fail to have understood my wishes? I had not waited even these ten days, could I have read your feelings, as I think you must have penetrated mine. I can hardly write. I am every instant hearing something which overpowers me. You sink your voice, but I can distinguish the tones of that voice when they would be lost on others. Too good, too excellent creature! You do us justice, indeed. You do believe that there is true attachment and constancy among men. Believe it to be most fervent, most undeviating, in F. W.

I must go, uncertain of my fate; but I shall return hither, or follow your party, as soon as possible. A word, a look, will be enough to decide whether I enter your father's house this evening or never”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 131
moosey_club
October 30, 2021, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Well.....second game in a week where we have dominated but created very little and lost 1-0.

Alot better overall than the Wealdstone game but as we set up to dominate the possession and subsequently did,  we didn't do a massive amount with it.

The season long need for an extra striker is coming home to roost, Hurst's procrastination has possibly seen us drop at least a share of 6 points this week.

Can't fault the effort of the players today but we need options up top to win the type of games we have faced this week.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 131
Fillipe Noche
October 30, 2021, 7:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
One of those difficult to take outcomes today, in a game when we felt well and truly on top for the majority of the game.

The last two games have highlighted a change though, as well as underscoring that, in football, possession isn’t always king.

It’s positive possession with a purpose that is actually king, and we’ve lacked that in the last two games. Yes some of the silky build up play and possession has been easy on the eye. But that all important purpose in the final third has been seriously lacking. It’s not rocket science that it’s down to the loss of McAtee and Taylor, who provide us with dynamic incisive play up top. Need them both back on the pitch from the start ASAP

Over and out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 131
oochiad
October 30, 2021, 8:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from psgmariner
Game of two halves. Thought we edged the first half but can only remember LJL’s cross landing on the bar as being the closest we got. 2nd half we looked 2nd best and they were much more likely to score. Their left mid was very effective.

Bad result but we’ve not suddenly become crap. If we had 2 decent strikers on the pitch I’m confident we wouldn’t have lost.

LJLs cross??? Are you mental, give the guy some credit. It was a shot……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 131
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 30, 2021, 8:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

It’s positive possession with a purpose that is actually king, and we’ve lacked that in the last two games. Yes some of the silky build up play and possession has been easy on the eye. But that all important purpose in the final third has been seriously lacking.

Now, that I do like.

I mostly agree with it and it is beautifully written. It’s like the missing verse from ‘World In Motion’.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 131
psgmariner
October 30, 2021, 8:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from oochiad

LJLs cross??? Are you mental, give the guy some credit. It was a shot……

I was going to say he looked up and saw men in the middle so was aiming for them but very hard to tell with Lenny! Either way that was as close as we came to scoring.

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 131
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.