Hagrid
October 30, 2021, 6:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from dicko995
It goes to show that we miss the Mctee/ Taylor partnership, we seem to be so exciting in attack when they are playing. And as for The Shop, i never want to see him play again. His touches today were so pathetic, fell over too many times, was at a loss to where his players were, and was subbed too late in the game. Taylor and Bapaga should of been introduced much earlier, and cant understand why Bapaga wasnt playing from the start. Dont mind the red crosses, its my feelings, and many others. Definately need a new number 9 this week. Otherwise, Ben Fox chased everything, but i thought Harry had a quiet game first half. Notts C. werent troubled too often, but werent much of a threat, apart from their small winger who showed pace at times. Macca,s flap at the ball ended up at Notts C. player, game over. Hunts corners were a lot to be desired, but got better near the end, a draw would of been fair to a dire game. Its a setback, the fortress has succumbed, we pick ourselves up, and go again at Kidderminster, and its gotta be a win. McAtee out for a while, so we need to get a loanee in.

Taylor has a tight hamstring

Bapaga defensively offers us nothing and with Notts having overlapping wingers i think thats why he didnt start. Id have had him on with 15 left however
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 131
thevera
October 30, 2021, 6:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from TAGG

What the intercourse are you talking about.
He made the save then it was down to the defence to get rid.
FFS why
Why don't you Macca haters intercourse off.

Trying to work out whether this is a genuine observation or tongue-in-cheek! For a start I don’t think it was a shot at goal, looked more like a badly over hit cross. One which would possibly have sailed over everyone for a throw in (might need to see it again though).  Having decided he needed to deal with it he should have done much better than parry it up in the air and down on to the penalty spot to the county forward who accepted the gift. Agree with others it might’ve time to give him a few games off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 131
DB
October 30, 2021, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Ipswin

Can I look back to just before we played Wealdstone please?

You certainly can, the bottom of league 2, sh!t owner and no prospects.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 131
Ipswin
October 30, 2021, 6:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
McAtee out for 4 weeks according to tonight's Telegraph and that might be more I suppose before he gets back to match sharpness

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 131
Lincspoacher
October 30, 2021, 6:35pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +303
Gold Stars: 15
Firstly, to those saying that we were robbed or the better team today, I can’t agree.

Both teams failed to really test the keeper, but McKeown had more to do than theirs.

We look really blunt in front of goal. Lenny works his behind off, no doubt. But he is never ever going to get us up and we are threatless when he is on.

Defensively we are strong in the centre. Raven looked vulnerable when on and their 2 subs at half time improved their threat 2nd half with the intro of pace.

Hunt was outstanding in the middle and he can really play.

Sousa showed nice touches in areas that were not threatening positions tho and his final ball was weak.

Clifton was bossed physically today and looked slightly off the pace I thought.

Fox was solid, Coke ok at best.

Taylor provides more but waited to late till he came on again.

We have had a decent start but am worried that now facing stronger sides in higher league positions, we may be found out a bit.

Notts by the way no no better overall, but as the home side, we never forced their keeper into 1save did we?

Long season but we need some new players and some more options up front and out wide.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 131
Ipswin
October 30, 2021, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from DB

You certainly can, the bottom of league 2, sh!t owner and no prospects.

You must be looking at the wrong newspaper. According to me we were clear at the top

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 131
Maringer
October 30, 2021, 6:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Didn't deserve to lose, didn't deserve to win. Played some decent stuff but the final pass or cross was lacking quality so we didn't create the clear chances.

The goal came from about the only attacking header they won all game where Towler was caught slightly out of position. This allowed their unmarked no 18 to fire in a shot (don't think he was trying to cross) which McKeown was only able to parry. The fact that some are blaming him entirely is ridiculous. It was a save you'd expect him to make, but I didn't think he could really have done much more than parry it. Just unfortunate that we didn't have the defenders in the box and it fell straight to the scorer.

We're certainly a much lesser team without McAtee so we need to find a way to improve just that small amount to get the results while he's out injured.

Hopefully, Efete will be ready for the next game as I suspect Sears will be out some weeks with his injury (whatever it is). Revan an OK stopgap, but we looked less steady when he came on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 131
Kris2
October 30, 2021, 6:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Tell you what this flipping forum is full off happy clappers. Macca gifted there goal to them today and there are people rushing to his defence. intercourse right off. We played OK and deserved a draw yet people are happy to recognise him as christ the second coming.. Not having it.

Better than being miserable tbh. He's not let in that many goals this season and no keeper goes through a career without making mistakes or having bad luck on a parry. We played fine up until the final third, if there was a bit more quality to the finish then maybe we would have put the game to bed and not lost through them getting a random chance. To place all the blame on Macca and make him the scapegoat as he's been made many times before is a vast understatement of an entire game where we had lots of the ball but failed to turn it into chances. We had zero shots on target and they had maybe 1 or 2.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 131
DB
October 30, 2021, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Ipswin

You must be looking at the wrong newspaper. According to me we were clear at the top

Trolling for red crosses. Read the actual question for my answers.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 131
TAGG
October 30, 2021, 6:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,970
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from thevera

Trying to work out whether this is a genuine observation or tongue-in-cheek! For a start I don’t think it was a shot at goal, looked more like a badly over hit cross. One which would possibly have sailed over everyone for a throw in (might need to see it again though).  Having decided he needed to deal with it he should have done much better than parry it up in the air and down on to the penalty spot to the county forward who accepted the gift. Agree with others it might’ve time to give him a few games off.

balderdash

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 131
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.