14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 30, 2021, 6:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Just on performances, the best players were the usual suspects, Towler, Waterfall, Fox, Crookes and Clifton. Sousa lost possession too often, Revan isn’t ready for men’s football and Lenny was Lenny.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 131
Kris2
October 30, 2021, 6:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Very frustrating game to watch, lots of huff and puff from both teams with no end product and always felt like it would come down to a single goal. We looked most likely to get the goal but no real quality when it came down to the final touch, they scored on a random chance and feel like a foul wasn't given just before it so we seemed hard done by. Hunt seemed off the boil a bit, his set pieces and passing delivery felt off so hope he can recapture some of that form again soon.

It's another disappointing game where we didn't make things happen but not that down about it. Decent crowd today including the away following, felt like proper support for both sides.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 131
headingly_mariner
October 30, 2021, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Thought we played alright and they are very lucky to have left with the 3 points. They were completely unambitious and came for a point. Thought their fans were possibly the quietist of any large away following I’ve ever seen.

Have to say they could well have been down to 10 for the horror challenge on Harry Clifton.

Missed McAtee, then Sears when he went off.

No need for any major panic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 131
NorthLondonMariner
October 30, 2021, 6:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Short and sweet we was robbed.

We where far the better team today, tbh I was expecting far more from County.

Taylor and McAtee where a big miss.

If County are one of the favourites to go up we have nothing to fear.

What he said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 131
zorro_is_a_Mariner
October 30, 2021, 6:19pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
I think the vast majority of us will say we was the better team we controlled most of the tempo and play and had the better of chances, it is frustrating and will be for a good few days but this team we have are very competitive and we've got a great chance of getting promotion this season.
Last minute goals happen and its flipping horrible when it happens to us but that's football and if we don't take our chances there's always a chance that can happen.

Gutted tonight but we must dust ourselves down, we are a point of top and looking alright. Couple of games after the cup game for us to take full points and then roll on the Xmas period utm.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 131
ska face
October 30, 2021, 6:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
McKeown isn’t good enough if you want to finish 1st. By a long stretch.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 131
Humbercod
October 30, 2021, 6:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Two bang average looking teams with only one managing to get a shot on target. We have looked anything but champions elect since the Yeovil game. I don’t even know who was up front with Lennie today who once again looked isolated. County where there for the taking be we simply had nothing to offer in the final 3rd. Pacey striker to play off Taylor urgently required.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 131
sonofmadeleymariner
October 30, 2021, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
3 points dropped.

We were the better team by far, just lacked that little extra bit up front. Can't remember a shot on goal though.

Ref was excrement, but generally excrement didn't really impact the game all too much, except if he had booked their no.20 for the dive early doors he would of been sent off for the 2nd yellow and not there to score.

Hurst got his subs wrong? Revan on right took something away, thought he should of dropped Harry in there and brought Bapa onto the wing. As much as I love the Shop, Taylor should of been on 10 mins earlier, it was obviously not his day and he was starting to look tired by that point. Obviously bringing Bapa on at 1 nil down with 3 mins left is pointless, he's not going to affect the game at that point.

Anyone else think Sousa looked a little out of sorts for the 1st half? He was much better in the 2nd don't get me wrong, but he looked lost in the 1st.

Are we a 1 man team? Hearing no McAtee for at least 4 weeks. Could be a hard November ahead  

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 131
GtfcGarner
October 30, 2021, 6:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Tell you what this flipping forum is full off happy clappers. Macca gifted there goal to them today and there are people rushing to his defence. intercourse right off. We played OK and deserved a draw yet people are happy to recognise him as christ the second coming.. Not having it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 131
dicko995
October 30, 2021, 6:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
It goes to show that we miss the Mctee/ Taylor partnership, we seem to be so exciting in attack when they are playing. And as for The Shop, i never want to see him play again. His touches today were so pathetic, fell over too many times, was at a loss to where his players were, and was subbed too late in the game. Taylor and Bapaga should of been introduced much earlier, and cant understand why Bapaga wasnt playing from the start. Dont mind the red crosses, its my feelings, and many others. Definately need a new number 9 this week. Otherwise, Ben Fox chased everything, but i thought Harry had a quiet game first half. Notts C. werent troubled too often, but werent much of a threat, apart from their small winger who showed pace at times. Macca,s flap at the ball ended up at Notts C. player, game over. Hunts corners were a lot to be desired, but got better near the end, a draw would of been fair to a dire game. Its a setback, the fortress has succumbed, we pick ourselves up, and go again at Kidderminster, and its gotta be a win. McAtee out for a while, so we need to get a loanee in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 131
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.