7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
marinernige
October 18, 2021, 6:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Just seen this on Wrexhams forum.They really are billy big time.

Funny_Old_Game
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: What's going on at Wrexham? On and off the pitch troubles...
Agree with most of it but there's countless managers in this division we could get if we wanted. Hell, we could go to Grimsby tomorrow and get Hurst if we really wanted to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
October 18, 2021, 6:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Money talks.

If they offered to double his salary do you think he would stay?

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 67
marinernige
October 18, 2021, 6:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Yes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 67
fishboyUTM
October 18, 2021, 6:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
They couldn't, they're a smaller club than we are. Though they're properly wedged, don't seem to have that team spirit that Paul Hurst cultivates. Maybe they have players that have gone there for the wrong reasons.

I can't ever remember Wrexham being above division 4. They shouldn't be allowed to play in the English Football League anyway as they fail the most basic requirement.

I do worry about retaining Paul Hurst though, if a good sized club in the league comes in for him, I can see him going. I could certainly see him going to Rotherham, a traditionally smaller club that ourselves of course, but probably not nowadays sadly (thanks John).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 67
Heisenberg
October 18, 2021, 6:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,759
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from fishboyUTM
They couldn't, they're a smaller club than we are. Though they're properly wedged, don't seem to have that team spirit that Paul Hurst cultivates. Maybe they have players that have gone there for the wrong reasons.

I can't ever remember Wrexham being above division 4. They shouldn't be allowed to play in the English Football League anyway as they fail the most basic requirement.

I do worry about retaining Paul Hurst though, if a good sized club in the league comes in for him, I can see him going. I could certainly see him going to Rotherham, a traditionally smaller club that ourselves of course, but probably not nowadays sadly (thanks John).

Hmmm, that Wrexham comment is very arrogant, but we can sometimes come across like that too. Let’s not forget they did get 9,000 at a midweek home game the other night - we’ve not done that in decades, from memory. And as for us being a bigger club than Rotherham, I’m not so sure about that one either.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 67
Les Brechin
October 18, 2021, 6:54pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,633
Gold Stars: 168
I can't believe that they are STILL the bookies favourites to win the league.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 67
pizzzza
October 18, 2021, 7:00pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,621
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from marinernige
there's countless managers in this division we could get if we wanted.

Let's not give credence to someone who can't count up to 22.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 67
toontown
October 18, 2021, 7:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,146
Gold Stars: 69
A lot stranger things than that have happened in football.

I doubt he would go unless offered a hell of a lot of money though (which they can probably afford) because they have a director of football set up dont they? So he wouldn't be signing who he wants etc but just coaching. Can't see that appealing to him, I think he is definitely more of the traditional manager role type.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 67
Grimsby2012
October 18, 2021, 7:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
I doubt Hurst is looking to move on. We are in a good position with one of the best squads in the league, and undoubtedly one of the better league budgets too. No matter how well financed you are, there are no guarantees in getting out of this league. If we do, I personally think he'll stay.

Hurst has moved on once before and look where that got him. I think that will be in the back of his mind.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 67
LH
October 18, 2021, 7:14pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 167
Hurst’s has his fingers burnt elsewhere. Think he’ll be here a while again.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 67
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deluded Wrexham Fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.