KingstonMariner
October 21, 2021, 12:53am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Davec
Pen Penfras is probably waiting for our next defeat where he will post to say that the dressing room is fractured with the management and players all hating the new owners, and there is an imminent mass exodus of staff, including Hurst and Doig who will hand in their resignations imminently, he will post this despite us still being 6 points clear at the top.

I thought this thread was about deluded Welsh people. Oh hang on a minute…

😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 67
Kris2
October 21, 2021, 11:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Not surprised he doesn't post much, if he said I am going to give the Club £30m to spend no strings attached he would still get unneccesary insults and 50 red crosses as he passed the cheque to the owners. I do think its sad that this board automatically try and put people down who don't have the same opiniion of a set clique on here using derogatory language in a lot of cases.

If red crosses upset you there is a feature to turn them off, don't base your life on social media approval from people you don't know. You're also not really understanding the issue of people who only seem to appear when things are not going well or just spread negative propaganda. The person in question is top of the list of what I'd describe as a concern troll, they bring up these fictional concerns about how the club is being run and about the new owners or other aspects like Hurst or the coaching, accounts, etc. The person who pretends to be Phillip Day would be another although they seem to have forgot it was a troll account now anyway and post normally as a supporter. Their only goal is to spread negativity among the fanbase and paint the club in a bad light or just to start forum arguments with outlandish claims that have no evidence. They aren't just having different opinions on things.

The fact they have barely been around while things are going well says it all really and there are other accounts that aren't around so much right now that were making 5 threads a day last season of winding people up and then double when Hurst returned and new owners were on their way in full of "I have some concerns...".
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 67
Madeleymariner
October 21, 2021, 1:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
I dont give a toss about red xs just used that as the example of the sort of thing that was happening, in the fact that it would not matter what a person says right or wrong they are immediately shouted down by a bunch of people and I am not just referring to Pen whatever it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 67
grimsby pete
October 21, 2021, 2:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Hurst has never looked so happy in his job as he does now so I can not see him leaving anytime soon.

Not many managers have got full control of the playing side and budget.

Unless some premiership club comes in for him with a blank cheque book after getting us promoted 2 or 3 times he will be here long term the only club I can realistically see Paul leaving for us is Rotherham.

That hopefully won't happen as we will end up in the championship sometime in the next decade and by then Paul might think Grimsby is now home and Rotherham would not be such a big draw to him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 67
DB
October 21, 2021, 3:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Kris2

If red crosses upset you there is a feature to turn them off, don't base your life on social media approval from people you don't know. You're also not really understanding the issue of people who only seem to appear when things are not going well or just spread negative propaganda. The person in question is top of the list of what I'd describe as a concern troll, they bring up these fictional concerns about how the club is being run and about the new owners or other aspects like Hurst or the coaching, accounts, etc. The person who pretends to be Phillip Day would be another although they seem to have forgot it was a troll account now anyway and post normally as a supporter. Their only goal is to spread negativity among the fanbase and paint the club in a bad light or just to start forum arguments with outlandish claims that have no evidence. They aren't just having different opinions on things.

The fact they have barely been around while things are going well says it all really and there are other accounts that aren't around so much right now that were making 5 threads a day last season of winding people up and then double when Hurst returned and new owners were on their way in full of "I have some concerns...".

Brilliant summary. ;

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 67
GollyGTFC
October 22, 2021, 8:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,976
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from grimsby pete
Hurst has never looked so happy in his job as he does now so I can not see him leaving anytime soon.

Not many managers have got full control of the playing side and budget.

Unless some premiership club comes in for him with a blank cheque book after getting us promoted 2 or 3 times he will be here long term the only club I can realistically see Paul leaving for us is Rotherham.

That hopefully won't happen as we will end up in the championship sometime in the next decade and by then Paul might think Grimsby is now home and Rotherham would not be such a big draw to him.

Agreed. Hurst looks and sounds about 10% less dour than he did last time.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 65 - 67
mariner91
October 22, 2021, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,576
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Agreed. Hurst looks and sounds about 10% less dour than he did last time.

I think he looks sexy with his nice new jumpers. Keep up the good wardrobe Paul.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 67
Hagrid
October 22, 2021, 9:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,385
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from mariner91

I think he looks sexy with his nice new jumpers. Keep up the good wardrobe Paul.

certainly greyer! i like Paul, and really want him to suceed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deluded Wrexham Fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.