October 18, 2021, 7:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from psgmariner
Money talks.

If they offered to double his salary do you think he would stay?

Ask the owners at Boston, Grimsby, Shrewsbury and Ipswich

He'd be gone like excrement off a shovel (and who would blame him, he manages football clubs to earn money not for fun)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 67
DB
October 18, 2021, 7:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,996
Gold Stars: 386
I can't see Hurst moving anywhere. He put up the last 5 months of Fenty sh!t and found refreshing new owners who did what they said they would. Also add to the fact that he was told he would manage the football side of things and, now, Debbie the other side of the club.

He has the freedom to do as he wants, within budget. There is a positive plan to move the club forward and I think he has well and truly bought into that. He moved earlier on in his management career to Shrews and Ipswich and found the grass wasn't greener, nor was Fenty style Swann.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 67
aldi_01
October 18, 2021, 7:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The Hurst comment says more about them and actually how they’re recognising that Bob a job Parkinson probably isn’t the right man for the job and they’ve just signed players people have heard of on big wages but it isn’t acruslly working as well as hoped at present…

It probably will come to fruition but the arrogance of their new found fans is astounding…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 67
RonMariner
October 18, 2021, 7:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,656
Gold Stars: 226
In many ways that statement is an admission that we currently have the better team..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 67
crusty ole pie
October 18, 2021, 7:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Jason and Andrew have not got where they are by letting there best employees get head hunted if Paul hurst his proving his worth then they will do what is needed to keep him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 67
moosey_club
October 18, 2021, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Les Brechin
I can't believe that they are STILL the bookies favourites to win the league.

They aren't actually the bookies genuine favourites, they just have to make them that as a result of all the money bet on them to avoid potential losses.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 67
ginnywings
October 18, 2021, 7:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I never fret about whether players or managers get enticed away to pastures new. If you are doing well, bigger clubs with more money come sniffing eventually, though I don't see Wrexham as having the pull to take anyone from us at the moment.

We are top of the league, and chairmen, along with scouts, will be watching. Football has always been thus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 67
KingstonMariner
October 18, 2021, 7:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
They’d have to give Fenty some compo too.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 67
denni266
October 18, 2021, 7:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
I dont think that Hurst has any intentions of being head hunted , He has what he wants here and would not have left before if he had got them off tight behind fenty.  And probably more to he point the fans dont want him to go as we are seeing the true Hurst without the restraints he had before.  I think he feels at home here and we are glad to have him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 67
Limerick Mariner
October 18, 2021, 8:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Heisenberg

Hmmm, that Wrexham comment is very arrogant, but we can sometimes come across like that too. Let’s not forget they did get 9,000 at a midweek home game the other night - we’ve not done that in decades, from memory. And as for us being a bigger club than Rotherham, I’m not so sure about that one either.

At no point in the history of the Football League could Rotherham be described as a bigger club than Grimsby Town, until they opened the New York Stadium that is. The same could be said of Doncaster and the Keepmoat. Wrexham are potentially a bigger club, the town is smaller than Gy and Clee but the whole of North Wales is their catchment area and they would draw support from it if doing well - a bit like Norwich - smaller place than Hull but the whole of Norfolk is their catcment area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Deluded Wrexham Fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.