Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grown men running on the pitch??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 296 Guests

Grown men running on the pitch??

This thread currently has 12,241 views. Print
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
buckstown
October 11, 2021, 1:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,177
Gold Stars: 79
I know football is exciting and emotional game and has a big impact on our lives, but I simply don't understand why every time GTFC score we seem to have grown men jumping on the pitch. Both home and away, look at the highlights and every time, there are town fans jumping over barriers.
It's illegal and must give a negative impression of our town and what are  basically amazing supporters.
I could understand it if it was the odd kid who didn't know better, but we're talking grown men here. Please have a look at yourselves!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
October 11, 2021, 1:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from buckstown
I know football is exciting and emotional game and has a big impact on our lives, but I simply don't understand why every time GTFC score we seem to have grown men jumping on the pitch. Both home and away, look at the highlights and every time, there are town fans jumping over barriers.
It's illegal and must give a negative impression of our town and what are  basically amazing supporters.
I could understand it if it was the odd kid who didn't know better, but we're talking grown men here. Please have a look at yourselves!!

It is the only negative at the moment and such a shame. We are doing brilliantly and it is galling to have to mention it, but before too long the club will be reprimanded or worse. It is illegal as you say and to me it looks so tinpot - like those scenes in the '70s where a non-league side scored against league opposition.

The club ought to put a stop to it before it escalates.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 132
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2021, 1:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
There was one bald headed bloke on Saturday who piled in to the melee bursting through the gate. He then went back to his small son. Well done that man.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 132
rancido
October 11, 2021, 1:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Bring on the clowns, which is what they are!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 132
Sussexmariner
October 11, 2021, 1:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
It tends to be the younger generation finding it difficult to hold the emotion of sheer ecstasy when Town score a very late winner in an important game.
I was there and I’d be on the pitch myself  if it wasn’t for my back and dodgy knee, there was nothing violent about it just sheer exuberance, fans wanting to celebrate with their players for their team, no problem with that at all

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 132
Kris2
October 11, 2021, 1:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from buckstown

It's always the ones who look like they haven't moved on from the 90's too when it comes to fashion sense, just makes us look like a backwards chav town. If you must flirt with the idea of getting a fine and/or a ban can you at least not dress like you're at an under 18's disco in Meggies circa 1997.  
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 132
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2021, 1:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Sussexmariner
It tends to be the younger generation finding it difficult to hold the emotion of sheer ecstasy when Town score a very late winner in an important game.
I was there and I’d be on the pitch myself  if it wasn’t for my back and dodgy knee, there was nothing violent about it just sheer exuberance, fans wanting to celebrate with their players for their team, no problem with that at all

Adults are expected to be able to control themselves. Being emotional doesn’t give you licence to ignore the rules.

Apart from which it could end up costing the club and innocent supporters could be penalised. We’re trying to get away from supporters being treated like shït. Behaviour like that doesn’t help.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 132
jamesgtfc
October 11, 2021, 1:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,947
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from buckstown

It baffles me that some people think it's ok.

We sit here complaining about the number of games being moved due to police advice and clubs restricting our followings but then when you see this happening, it's not really a surprise is it?

Some people say it's ok because it's only a few fans. So what happens next week when a few others decide to do it? Before you know it, you have a significant number of fans running onto the pitch.

It's an illegal act therefore it's not ok. If you are someone that can't stay behind a barrier, sit or stand further away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 132
Son of Cod
October 11, 2021, 1:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
On the subject of celebration, I very much enjoyed this guy's fist pumping...

[img]https://i.ibb.co/GctTxb1/2021-10-11-13-38-13.png[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 132
TheRealJohnLewis
October 11, 2021, 2:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from buckstown

They are so off their heads on coke and drink that they have no control and they are the ones who never wear football tops only Burberry and Stone Island.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 132
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grown men running on the pitch??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.