Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grown men running on the pitch??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 250 Guests

Grown men running on the pitch??

This thread currently has 12,233 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
October 11, 2021, 10:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Listening to Stockwoods Humberside interview, we are apparently negotiating how much we are going to pay Altrincham to repair their goal after all the idiots constantly pulling on it, so thats going to be a few quid down the drain that could have been spent on our club, personally think any adult that feels the need to do things like these are just immature dimwits who would be better off attending primary school rather than a football match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 132
rancido
October 11, 2021, 11:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not sure if you are deliberately trying to make yourself look a twit but it is a criminal offence under The Football (Offences) Act 1991.

Ah but judging by some of the comments from certain posters Criminal Offences can be selective . If they personally don't agree with the offence then it doesn't matter.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 132
DanishMariner
October 11, 2021, 11:05pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +45
Quoted from Sussexmariner
It tends to be the younger generation finding it difficult to hold the emotion of sheer ecstasy when Town score a very late winner in an important game.
I was there and I’d be on the pitch myself  if it wasn’t for my back and dodgy knee, there was nothing violent about it just sheer exuberance, fans wanting to celebrate with their players for their team, no problem with that at all

Just show the passion of our supporters and as everyone can see there’s no aggression in it, having said that we don’t want the Club to get in any trouble so try to stay on the right side of the fence  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 132
Jaws
October 11, 2021, 11:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
I honestly think it ruins the moment ever so slightly to see a handful of random blokes running and hugging with the players with someone in a high viz running after them. Certainly spoils the photos.

Funny how all the women and children can control their excitement enough and refrain from climbing onto the pitch but grown men can't.

Ironically they climb over the hoardings which state it is a criminal offence whenever it happens from the Pontoon!

Very difficult to resolve as I think some will continue to do it until the club or themselves receive a disproportionate punishment that is well over the top but not sure what else can be done to prevent it getting to this stage.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 132
Grantley
October 12, 2021, 12:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
If I am having to pay for other people making a plank out of themselves (whether it’s morally wrong or not is debatable, the rules ARE the rules) then I want to know their exact reasons for doing it. What dimwit actually enjoys playing with a football net?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 132
lukeo
October 12, 2021, 5:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,352
Gold Stars: 142
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Listening to Stockwoods Humberside interview, we are apparently negotiating how much we are going to pay Altrincham to repair their goal after all the idiots constantly pulling on it, so thats going to be a few quid down the drain that could have been spent on our club, personally think any adult that feels the need to do things like these are just immature dimwits who would be better off attending primary school rather than a football match

Massive insult that mate.. To primary schools. They need banning if it continues, simple as that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 132
aldi_01
October 12, 2021, 5:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Jaws
I honestly think it ruins the moment ever so slightly to see a handful of random blokes running and hugging with the players with someone in a high viz running after them. Certainly spoils the photos.

Funny how all the women and children can control their excitement enough and refrain from climbing onto the pitch but grown men can't.

Ironically they climb over the hoardings which state it is a criminal offence whenever it happens from the Pontoon!

Very difficult to resolve as I think some will continue to do it until the club or themselves receive a disproportionate punishment that is well over the top but not sure what else can be done to prevent it getting to this stage.

Yet one of the most serious criminal offences caused at BP in the last few years was committed by a woman…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 132
TheRealJohnLewis
October 12, 2021, 8:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from MarinerWY

Hmmm... I don't want to over-the-too moralise over it, its not hooliganism - its pretty daft and harmless - but it does cause headaches for the club and risk fines, and it is unnecessary and entirely avoidable.

I also think that as excitable as we can all be, you can exercise impulse control and jump around behind the advertising boards instead.

If it looks like a hooligan, smells of stale beer and urine like a hooligan...
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 132
Kris2
October 12, 2021, 8:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Davec
I have never ran on the pitch when a goal is scored, I have in the past at the full time whistle when everybody else has for example Braintree away in the play offs.

At a home game earlier this season I noticed a mate of mine encroach onto the pitch following a goal being scored, it was out of passion and excitement, do I think my mate is a hooligan for this? No I don't, he's just a passionate Grimsby fan, he caused no malice he just got carried away.

You can kinda understand if the club just won the playoffs or the league. Never quite got the tradition of the last home game to celebrate being relegated or barely surviving in the league. Hooligan is a strong word for these people, attention seekers is more apt. If real hooligans showed up to a game and kicked off they'd be the first to urine their pants.

Our ultras couldn't even handle one random old head at Gateshead shouting at them, blue jacket squared up then bottled it lol. https://youtu.be/YwdA8pkU9F4
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 132
supertown
October 12, 2021, 8:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
It’s a criminal offence and embarrassing. I don’t buy into this emotional nonsense. It’s all pretty much premeditated. The ones that do it know they are going to do it, given the opportunity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grown men running on the pitch??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.