Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grown men running on the pitch??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 184 Guests

Grown men running on the pitch??

This thread currently has 12,228 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
October 12, 2021, 8:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,154
Gold Stars: 258
These are are same simpletons that will be the first to slag the team off when we lose a few games . Even the Woking fans were embarrassed by some of our fans behaviour . I'm guessing these "fans" are the same morons that get over excited at junior football
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 132
DB
October 12, 2021, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
It all started decades ago when tv was black and white. Match of the Day showed Millwall fans ' invading the pitch' ( that was the description ). The FA did nothing and it was treated with contempt for the following 6 days.

The following Saturday it happened at 2/3 other games and spread like wildfire. It hasn't really stopped and I don't think it ever will; look at Southend fans protesting the other week. I personally don't like the idea, never have and never will, but the real culprits, Millwall fans!, got away with it as the others who immediately followed did.

The players rightly so go to the fans when they score and the fans must learn not to cross the boundary onto the pitch; beit advertising boards or small fences.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 132
livvo
October 12, 2021, 1:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +133
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from supertown
It’s a criminal offence and embarrassing. I don’t buy into this emotional nonsense. It’s all pretty much premeditated. The ones that do it know they are going to do it, given the opportunity.

Some member head actually moved a wheel bin from up against the hoarding so he could jump on the pitch at Alty. Just before Hunt's free kick towards the end. Same lad had already been on the pitch twice. Not passion or excitement, premeditated idiocy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 132
Mayaman
October 12, 2021, 1:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
What happened on Saturday seems harmless enough but as more of the fair weather fans (probably) jump on the bandwagon then it can easily get out of hand.  If someone swings for a steward then all hell could break loose.  There's no need for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 132
OneLove
October 12, 2021, 5:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
its hardly crime of the century is it, carnt see what the big problem is as long as its not involving any malice. So I ask the question do you all disagree with a pitch invasion if we got promoted or stayed up? How I look at it is, paying fans causing no hassle just showing their emotion and congratulating players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 132
barrattstandman
October 12, 2021, 6:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from OneLove
its hardly crime of the century is it, carnt see what the big problem is as long as its not involving any malice. So I ask the question do you all disagree with a pitch invasion if we got promoted or stayed up? How I look at it is, paying fans causing no hassle just showing their emotion and congratulating players.

What part of its illegal don't you understand .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 132
aldi_01
October 12, 2021, 9:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from barrattstandman

What part of its illegal don't you understand .

Just because something is illegal doesn’t really mean it’s needs the Whitehouse brigade to get all high and mighty on here…

Driving like a lunatic is dangerous, speeding and reckless over taking is illegal but happens on my way to work every morning…that can kill people…running on a pitch, as daft as it may seem, isn’t going to kill anyone…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 132
MarinerWY
October 12, 2021, 10:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

If it looks like a hooligan, smells of stale beer and urine like a hooligan...

Don't get me wrong it's pathetic that grown men can't control themselves, but jumping up and down in celebration on the pitch is not hooliganism. It's illegal, and given the potential consequences for the club, pretty indefensible, but it's not hooliganism.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 132
jamesgtfc
October 12, 2021, 11:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,940
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from OneLove

How many fans jumping onto the pitch is acceptable in your mind? If you condone a few then slowly more people begin to do it and it becomes a huge problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 132
aldi_01
October 13, 2021, 6:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc

How many fans jumping onto the pitch is acceptable in your mind? If you condone a few then slowly more people begin to do it and it becomes a huge problem.

But then you have the debate on how to actually deal with it…this is a small incident being turned in to a full scale riot.

I’d argue banning orders don’t work (few punitive measures do) so what’s the solution…you also couple that with some heavy handed police work in certain situations and the whole thing becomes a pressure cooker.

They run on, the jump up and down, they dive back in. Less then 30 seconds, no harm done, the end.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grown men running on the pitch??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.